help anyone?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on help anyone? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I post on this other site called 707imports.com and they are telling me how much better the Evo is compared ...

help anyone?

I post on this other site called 707imports.com

and they are telling me how much better the Evo is compared to the WRX. I know a lot about my car, and I thought that the evo's were more money than the wrx..am I wrong to think that?

here is the thread where all this is taking place...just a note you have to register if your going to comment.

http://www.707imports.com/vb/showthr...2210#post12210
    Låt mig se dig avklädd!

Forced to box.

"That's the trouble, a sex symbol becomes a thing. But if I'm going to be a symbol of something, I'd rather have it sex than some other things we've got symbols of." MM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You just tell them that if they want a car that is designed for precision and vehicle dynamics, the EVO wins.

If they want a car that's fun to drive, they need a WRX as there is no comparison.

Then direct them here

That's post #420. If I smoked, I'd be excited
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Or tell them to go watch Best Motoring Vol. 5...The Drift King himself said he liked the feel of the WRX more than the Evo since it doesn't rely on computers to assist in handling...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

this isn't really proving my point though. They are saying that the evo is just better all around, when my argument is that the wrx is still an awesome car. Also how much does a new evo cost?
    Låt mig se dig avklädd!

Forced to box.

"That's the trouble, a sex symbol becomes a thing. But if I'm going to be a symbol of something, I'd rather have it sex than some other things we've got symbols of." MM

actually....the link i posted proves your point exactly.

although the EVO won all of SCC's tests, they still couldn't decide which car was better.

Still, there's something honest and simple about the WRX that none of the staff can deny. Maybe it's the basic viscous differentials at the center and rear sending torque where they will without absolute precision. Maybe it's the off-beat, lumpy exhaust note. Maybe it's the undeniable fact that Subaru's humble WRX has always been more than the sum of its parts. We're not sure, but despite its lack of outright speed on this road we're calling this test a wash. It comes down to which car you like better. The EVO is ultimately quicker, but the WRX is a hell of a lot more fun.
    w00t!
    Last edited by djrez4; 10-01-2002 at 06:32 PM.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by SwedeWRX
    this isn't really proving my point though. They are saying that the evo is just better all around, when my argument is that the wrx is still an awesome car. Also how much does a new evo cost?
    Ahhh, well for $24k a WRX is hard to beat for the money. The Evo will be better than our stock WRX all around, but it's $6k more expensive. Supposedly the Evo will be here for $30k, so if you add another $6k to a WRX to even it out, given the right combination of mods, it will easily surpass the performance of a stock Evo.

Comparing the Evo to a WRX is apples to oranges anyway. If they really want to compare apples to apples, they should compare the Evo to the WRX STi. that's a much more even match stock.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Have them watch the movie where tiff needle drives an EVO and then an STI. He liked the subaru much better than the EVO... Have you seen it?

Or are we just talking about the WRX?

Reliability.

The Subaru is always better then the Mitsu in this reagrd. No comparison.

misterx

Originally posted by MisterX
    Reliability.

misterx

Very, very, very true!!!

Originally posted by junaitari
    Have them watch the movie where tiff needle drives an EVO and then an STI. He liked the subaru much better than the EVO... Have you seen it?

Or are we just talking about the WRX?
    tiff needle is the bomb. i have all his M clas movies in MPEG. i watch them OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND

well, you get the idea.

dR

Hey guys, new guy here...i've been reading all the posts for a while, just don't answer any.....don't have a WRX yet either.....as soon as i save up enough. Anyways......The EVO might be faster and all, but the WRX is cheaper, looks better, (the EVO looks pretty gay to me)....and I might be one of the only people who don't drive a WRX and who still love the interior. To me, if I could afford the Sti I'd get that one no doubt...but for now i'll even stick with the WRX.
    Too bad I couldn't afford a WRX, but life goes on........hopefully......

Ok seeing as we get all these cars down here
    this is how they're priced (aussie dollars so divide by 2 for you guys)

WRX $42,000

Sti WRX $55,000

Evo VII $70,000 or $80,000 (2 different models the $70,000 one has no A/C next to no interior no power windows or anything it's a rally car out of the factory. The 80K one is more of a road car)

The evo VII stock is superior to the Sti (I posted an article on the Evo VII a little while ago) but not by much and if you stick the dollar difference into an Sti It will flat out annihilate the Evo.

hope that helps

When it comes to quality/reliability the Mitsubishi is far behind the the component/build quality of the Subaru.

Originally posted by MisterX
    Reliability.

misterx
    I completely agree with you on this one misterx. My 3000GT started giving me problems at a little over 50k. From that time until I sold it when it had 135k I paid for the car a second time in repairs including a new engine, and two new transmissions!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

yep I had a starion and blew the turbo seals 3 times and engine at least once

maybe 2 bar of boost was a bit much though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.