WRX-vs-Corrado VR6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX-vs-Corrado VR6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just when I thought nobody knew what my car is, I start getting all kinds of challenges a kid with ...

WRX-vs-Corrado VR6

Just when I thought nobody knew what my car is, I start getting all kinds of challenges a kid with a 5.0 and now this kid that sounds like he knows his stuff with a Corrado VR6. How do we stack up against the Corrado? His freinds were saying that his supercharger pushes about 7Lbs boost, I didn't even know they were supercharged.

I really don't want to drag race, I'm working on a car that will turn quick lap times not trap times, but to defend Rex's honor I must .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Corrado VR6

They weren't SC'd from the factory. There was a Corrado G60 that had a 1.8/8v/SC'd though and stock ran about 12 psi IIRC. Since they said that his Corrado is pushing 7psi then it must be a VR6 with an aftermarket SC kit on it.

The VR6 in SC'd status would take you if they guy can get it to pull off the line without spinning too badly other wise it would be a catch up game running you down. If it's a G60 then don't even sweat it! I know because I used to have one up until last year. After a crap load of engine building and other stuff only managed to run 14.3 (which is quite fast for a street driven G60).
    Last edited by boosted 4; 10-01-2002 at 04:49 PM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

The Corrado was a nice, sweet timeless design. I miss it.

corrado = 3000 gt??? thats what im guessing but not sure. i know that a VR4 would probably beat the WRX, but what about the other models?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

corrado = 3000 gt??? thats what im guessing but not sure. i know that a VR4 would probably beat the WRX, but what about the other models?
    No it's not the same thing.

But it does sound like it's the vr6 if it's only running 7 lbs. I would be worried. Like boosted 4 said, if he can hook up he'll beat you, or should anyway. Keep us posted...
    autobahn storming scooby

then what is a corrado?

Peter North > *

http://www.vwvortex.com/resources/ga...ado/index.html

I think that a VR6 running 7lbs. should have around 270hp or so.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

A Corrado is a VW.

quite the ugly car

Peter North > *

my friend just got a corrado vr6, manual tranny! his is a 92 and he could almost be certain he could be me. i have an auto tranny so :-(... well i took him for a ride for a few minutes in my car, and after getting out of my car, he tells me that my car is still faster than his. i wanna run it anyhow, but he is almost certain i will beat him now. we messed around to see trap speed at this one street, when i got to the other side, i was at about 71, he was at about 62...

anyhow, the corrados are sweet rides, and if they still made those cars, the design would have been awesome!

he just bought it and these are the mods it already has...
    exhaust, cai, mt

mine: catback exhaust 3" and racing muffler. 4eat.

what do u all think? do i have a chance against him?
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

oh by the way, vr6's are not supercharged, but faster then the stock supercharged g60.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Re: WRX-vs-Corrado VR6

Originally posted by PKer
    Just when I thought nobody knew what my car is, I start getting all kinds of challenges a kid with a 5.0 and now this kid that sounds like he knows his stuff with a Corrado VR6. How do we stack up against the Corrado? His freinds were saying that his supercharger pushes about 7Lbs boost, I didn't even know they were supercharged.

I really don't want to drag race, I'm working on a car that will turn quick lap times not trap times, but to defend Rex's honor I must .
    Stay away. If the owner can drive he'll eat your for breakfast. The Corrado VR6 was a low 14sec car stock.

-Jim

FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

Originally posted by FUNKED1
    Corrado VR6 Performance
    Yeah I was going to say the same thing. I grew up around VW's and know that the stock Corrado VR6 is a low 15 sec and not a 14 sec. In there time though, that was fairly quick.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    Yeah I was going to say the same thing. I grew up around VW's and know that the stock Corrado VR6 is a low 15 sec and not a 14 sec. In there time though, that was fairly quick.
    I should clarify. The last generation (94-95) was DEFINITELY a 14 second car from the factory and a low 14s car with flow mods. I have raced them. They are not to be considered an unworthy foe.

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.