WRX-vs-Corrado VR6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX-vs-Corrado VR6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I would have to disagree about the C. I think that they are great looking cars in person. As far ...

I would have to disagree about the C. I think that they are great looking cars in person.

As far as the S/C goes, there are quite a few VR6's with aftermarket S/C out there.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

corrado vr6

Originally posted by boosted 4

Yeah I was going to say the same thing. I grew up around VW's and know that the stock Corrado VR6 is a low 15 sec and not a 14 sec. In there time though, that was fairly quick.

I was going to the nopi national i was following a couple of my friend to the track that day a black 94 corrado vr6 ran a 14.6 at 95
    factory.and they are very fast on top end.

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

I should clarify. The last generation (94-95) was DEFINITELY a 14 second car from the factory and a low 14s car with flow mods. I have raced them. They are not to be considered an unworthy foe.

-Jim
    FYI there wasn't a 95 in N.A. There were actually a few hundred Corrados for the 1995 build and they were all Euro. It was called the Storm, and like all of the Euro Corrado VR6's they had a 2.9L rather than the US spec 2.8L.

Performance wise, the only diff between the Corrado VR6 model years 92/93/94 was ignitions IIRC. The 92 had a dist and the 93 and 94 had a coil pack.

A friend of mine had a COMPLETELY stock 92 Corrado and on the dyno pulled 154whp. That isn't nearly enough to do low 14's. With cams and exhaust, etc the will put out nearly 200whp so that would put an all-motor VR6 in the low 14's.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    A friend of mine had a COMPLETELY stock 92 Corrado and on the dyno pulled 154whp. That isn't nearly enough to do low 14's. With cams and exhaust, etc the will put out nearly 200whp so that would put an all-motor VR6 in the low 14's.
    When was it dynoed? Look, I'm not here to argue with you about a VW. I've seen mildly (bolt-on) modded last gen (USM) VR6 Corrados run 14s. With a supercharger, they are in the range of a stock turbo WRX.

OK?

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

When was it dynoed?
    2 years ago.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Wow this has become a hot topic! I will find him and we'll do it just for fun (at the track of course), I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Off topic a little a dude tried to race me in his Neon, let's just say it was pathetic.

All right then late!

okay being a ex-vw nut here.. i can say a few things..

Corrado's in VR6 were made from 92-95. In the US we got 92-94.
    Corrado's were introduced in 90 With a 8v, 16v or a g60 superchargered low compression 8v. The g60 made 150hp and the VR6 made 174.

The cars are approx a 15.2ish car. The corrado's these days dont put down much do to tired engines in most cases. A 95 corrado.. in canada and europe was called a corrado storm. Instead of a 2.8L engine it came with a bored 2.9L. It produced 190hp. It wasnt much faster than a 2.8.

Now as far as a supercharger.. If he really does have one.. 7 psi is a Z-ENGINEERING supercharger. Its a weak kit and doesnt offer much. Also they make a vortech one.. like i had on my old vr6.

Comming off the line is a real problem as far as traction with a charger. In the end .. im gonna consider ur wrx a winner because of traction and driver.. which.. in most vw owners are either really great or really bad.

O .. and the vw trannys suck too

I can attest for that one..then again.. i did put out 268...heheh.. quaife, new gears, syncros..fixed that..then i sold mine for my 03 wrx..and im loving the new car.

Just clarifying things.. i know way too much.

PS. i owned a GTI VR6 not a corrado. A corrado came with 3.73's while the gti came with 3.39's making a corrado a faster street car for the shorter gears.
    97 VW GTI VR6 Vortech 10psi--SOLD
    03 Platnium Silver WRX Stage4+ - SOLD
    05 Crystal Grey STi

Originally posted by WRX Jim
    okay being a ex-vw nut here.. i can say a few things..

Corrado's in VR6 were made from 92-95. In the US we got 92-94.
    Corrado's were introduced in 90 With a 8v, 16v or a g60 superchargered low compression 8v. The g60 made 150hp and the VR6 made 174.

The cars are approx a 15.2ish car. The corrado's these days dont put down much do to tired engines in most cases. A 95 corrado.. in canada and europe was called a corrado storm. Instead of a 2.8L engine it came with a bored 2.9L. It produced 190hp. It wasnt much faster than a 2.8.

Now as far as a supercharger.. If he really does have one.. 7 psi is a Z-ENGINEERING supercharger. Its a weak kit and doesnt offer much. Also they make a vortech one.. like i had on my old vr6.

Comming off the line is a real problem as far as traction with a charger. In the end .. im gonna consider ur wrx a winner because of traction and driver.. which.. in most vw owners are either really great or really bad.

O .. and the vw trannys suck too

I can attest for that one..then again.. i did put out 268...heheh.. quaife, new gears, syncros..fixed that..then i sold mine for my 03 wrx..and im loving the new car.

Just clarifying things.. i know way too much.

PS. i owned a GTI VR6 not a corrado. A corrado came with 3.73's while the gti came with 3.39's making a corrado a faster street car for the shorter gears.
    Couple corrections. The G60 produced 158/hp 166/ft lbs. The Corrado 2.0L 16V never made it Stateside.
    2002 WRBP WRX

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12