so i raced that Lightning in my stock WRX....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on so i raced that Lightning in my stock WRX.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Some of you may remember my post asking if it was worth it to race a lightning..........well i found out ...

so i raced that Lightning in my stock WRX....

Some of you may remember my post asking if it was worth it to race a lightning..........well i found out the answer today. I figured aw, hell, ill do it. We did a highway pull and then from a dig to about 70.

Highway pull: turned out MUCH better than i expected. We started out around 35mph and i was in 2nd. I hit boost almost instantly, and started to pull away, but as i shifted into 3rd, i heard that supercharger howling and he flew by me.

From a dig: much like i expected. My launch was sweeet, but bad for the car no doubt. I took it up to about 5k and, with intentions of slipping the clutch out like i have been told, i haven't practiced this too much so i ended up pretty much dropping it. (i heard a loud "POP"....is that really bad? car seems fine). Anyway i was ahead through first, and almost all of second. He started gaining on me reeeeeeally fast right as i was about to shift to 3rd. And once again, i heard the supercharger howling and there he went.

Overall it was what i expected, but i am not at all ashamed of the way the stock WRX performed. Now i just have to mod it!!! (btw both cars had 3 people).
    02 silver WRX sedan----Sold
    03.5 Mazdaspeed Proteg--DS beast

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

time to go cobb stage 2
    " I'm a bad man"

time to get that noise checked out.
    Mine's a Stock-a-roo

If anything went wrong, you'll probably start to notice it in the near future. My friend redlined my old legacy and dropped the clutch after he told me he knew how to drive a manual, there was that loud pop, some horrible smelling smoke and a week later, the clutch started slipping like mad.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

That loud pop I have had a few times. Face it the WRX tranny isn't built to be beat on, smooth shifts are your friend. I down shifted to second at 45 and nailed it, sounded like my driveshaft snapped.. week later i changed my tranny fluild and found a couple of metal shavings from my syncros, (the size of the nail on my little finger ) I have been driving it like normal some good some bad shifts just waiting for it to break but to no avail. It has been almost 10k since then and still no issues. So dont do it very much rpm match when ever possible and you wont have to hit up the Credit card for a rebuild.

GL
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

yeah, i have never launched that hard before. i generallly drive it very well. i am pretty kind to the car. (an occasional grind into first, but other than that i match revs and everything). The local Scoobie dealer seems real nice, i met the service manager at a meet we had last weekend and he said he would help me out with anything that went wrong.
    but DEFINATELY no more clutch drops..........as inadvertant as it may have been.

Quote Originally Posted by chris1866
    yeah, i have never launched that hard before. i generallly drive it very well. i am pretty kind to the car. (an occasional grind into first, but other than that i match revs and everything). The local Scoobie dealer seems real nice, i met the service manager at a meet we had last weekend and he said he would help me out with anything that went wrong.
    but DEFINATELY no more clutch drops..........as inadvertant as it may have been.

WERD!!
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

That loud pop is the diff bouncing off the body. Not a good thing to do alot but you probably didn't break anything that time.

Thanks Samdog. I sure hope you are right. im not gonna lie, i about **** myself when i heard that. When i told my brother he *****ed at me for about 15 minutes for "****ing around like that in an awd car". (i had an integra before this in which i could pop the clutch all day long).

Quote Originally Posted by soggynoodles
    time to get that noise checked out.
    How much does that cost?

nice run, sounds like you faired pretty well

go catless and then you will be the one passing him
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

go to an empty parkign lot and practice your launches, once you get it figured out its really not as hard on the car anymore.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    go to an empty parkign lot and practice your launches, once you get it figured out its really not as hard on the car anymore.
    Just don't spin out after you top it out at 140mph.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    HA HA!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH

To Fast, and sooo lame!!

Much better name

Ever notice in that scene that the reverse lights are on when he is spinning?
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast