Wrx Cobb Stage 2 vs. Bmw 325i

This is a discussion on Wrx Cobb Stage 2 vs. Bmw 325i within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was cruising on the highway and say these BRIGHT tailights, here it was this bmw (these tailights were so ...

Wrx Cobb Stage 2 vs. Bmw 325i

I was cruising on the highway and say these BRIGHT tailights, here it was this bmw (these tailights were so bright it was insane)! But I pulled up next to him and saw m3 rims and he also had exhaust, so I said what the heck I havn't raced in a while.

So I gave him the bov and he didn't do anything so I said allright I just leave him alone, I didn't want to be a ****. But as I went to pass him just to get around him, i hear him downshifting and his motor go, he goes to take off and I put it into 3rd and punch it also and I pulled on him pretty good.

SO then after I beat him I go over into the other lane and figured we were done, but of course the fly-by must happen first, so he flew by and I said screw that, if he thinks he won, no way. So were doing 100mph and I followed him into an open lane of higway and he guns it at 100 or so and so did I and I just toasted his ass up till 130 then he got off the highway (by the way we were headed to wal-mart and that's the exit he just got off).

I loop around back to wal-mart and I see his car in the parking lot, so I park next to it. All of a sudden I see 2 people coming out of wal-mart and this guy and this girl about 30 years old both have their heads down not looking at me, so my friends and I our like that must be the guy, I was going to say something but I didn't (again didn't want to be a ****) and his girlfriend just kept looking down. So we entered wal-mart and I see him pull up to the back of my car (I was guessing he was looking to see what car I had, but I'm debaged so good luck with that, haha) and then he took off very slow.

Sorry this was long story but the funny thing is I raced this same car in the very same spot in the daylight, and it must have been the same guy because I know those tail lights, but what I don't understand is why this guy doesn't give up? He kept trying to take me top end and he didn't win, for some reason I feel that's where my car feels better is up past 100mph.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how many car length did you have on the bmw?
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    how many car length did you have on the bmw?
    probley about 1 or 2, I was trying to watch the road ahead and didn't really pay attention to how far I pulled ahead, I just saw his headlights in my side mirror back a ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizwinter
    probley about 1 or 2, I was trying to watch the road ahead and didn't really pay attention to how far I pulled ahead, I just saw his headlights in my side mirror back a ways.
    really thats it... 325i are SLOW... compared to a stage 2 rex it shouldnt be even that close
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter
    really thats it... 325i are SLOW... compared to a stage 2 rex it shouldnt be even that close
    yeah, but they have decent topend and with bolt on's they are formitable cars at higher speeds. I would expect him to put like 2-3 cars on it at higher speeds though.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

325i is a slow car

FWIW, I love these cars and will own one of these someday. Performance wise, they are flat out slow. I'm done fooling around with these cars since they are a waste of time. They are rated about 225hp and are geared towards the topend of the spectrum. Even then, I chased one down when I was a poorly tuned Stage 4 and passed him way up top. The guy was really nice and said I was the first one to ever do that.

Bottom line, awesome car that handles and looks awesome. Power...needs a little help from Dinan.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie
    FWIW, I love these cars and will own one of these someday. Performance wise, they are flat out slow. I'm done fooling around with these cars since they are a waste of time. They are rated about 225hp and are geared towards the topend of the spectrum. Even then, I chased one down when I was a poorly tuned Stage 4 and passed him way up top. The guy was really nice and said I was the first one to ever do that.

Bottom line, awesome car that handles and looks awesome. Power...needs a little help from Dinan.
    330 pushes out 225 hp .... 325 pushes about 189 hp....

I used to have a 328i... 1999.... amazing car just i got killed on repairs
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

What Body style 325i was it? and was it badged or just said 325i? If its the E36 bodystyle (the more boxy looking one) that would sound about right. They mod up pretty well, I had a 1999 328is with the M3 sport package, which is almost the exact same car as the 1992-1995 325is(not 100% on the years but older E36). It was almost exactly 3000lbs and rated at 190hp and definatly was geared to pull up top. Stock I've heard they run in the 14.8-15.5 range, and it felt it, though I never got it to the track. They mod up ok too, there's a pretty good amount of aftermarked parts out there for them.
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 05-13-2005 at 11:15 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Correction

The car I raced was a newer 330xi or it might have been a 330i. The car was black and beautiful!
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

yeah those 330's are pretty damn quick. a stock wrx would still be able to walk albeit rather slowly. top end wise, it would pull on a stock wrx. but stage 2 shouldnt have been too too close. the 300xi was tested in a way old car and driver (the very first car and driver review of the wrx) in a three way comparo with the 2003 biturbo s4, wrx, and 330xi. accelleration was within a quarter of a second in almost all tests between all cars. i dunno, but definitely ditto that theyre beautiful cars. the newest e46 330's with the performance package is as close as you can get to an e46 four door m3. sick sick cars.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag