Raced a Porsche from 70-120mph...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced a Porsche from 70-120mph... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First off I dont know what "numbered" Porsche it was, but I know that it had the 96 911 Carrera ...

Raced a Porsche from 70-120mph...

First off I dont know what "numbered" Porsche it was, but I know that it had the 96 911 Carrera body style ( I dont understand how they number the porsche's ... 996 etc.) with a big wing that came off the rear fenders, not one of the spoilers that raises and falls at different speeds. It was an older guy, probably around 40 driving it, and it had the PCA license plate (Porsche Club of America). The rear of the porsche was debadged, so I couldnt tell the which model carrera it was.

He was driving on the highway ahead of me pretty quickly, so when I got a chance I rolled up besides him and gave him a smile/nod. Eventually the road cleared, he pulls along my passenger side and my gf gives him a smile... he smiles back then we punch it. We were basically neck and neck most of the time with me always inching just a little bit. Overall, from 70-120 or so, I had the edge over him. We did 3 runs total, one starting even, one with him ahead, and one with me ahead.

I cant figure out what kind of Porsche it was that I had the run against. I have never seen a wing like that, but I recognize the body style as 100% being that of a carrera (so dont question that). What do you think it was?

He seemed like a really cool guy, I was excited to see I was such a match up... but I honestly have no idea how I should have done against him at suck high speeds.

Opinions?
    Last edited by Padge; 05-09-2005 at 06:55 AM.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

prolly a carrera....non turbo for sure....thats about right.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

It wasn't this wing, was it? http://www.fast-autos.net/porsche/gt32.jpg

Considering the speeds, I want to say that it was a 911 Carrera (320 HP), with an optional wing of some sort, or maybe a Carrera S (355 HP). I doubt it was a GT3, because those have 380 HP, and would probably put some distance on you from 70-120. Either way, sounds like you had some good runs.

Edit: I'll just make the image a link.

No it wasnt that wing. I have been looking through pics all morning, but havent found it yet.

Yea they were great runs... just wish I knew what model it was.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

Quote Originally Posted by 13secwrx
    prolly a carrera....non turbo for sure....thats about right.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

thanks for the input
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.