WRX VS Lexus LS400 (430)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX VS Lexus LS400 (430) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; a friend of mine was saying how his dads lexus 400 or 430, im not sure which. is much faster ...

WRX VS Lexus LS400 (430)

a friend of mine was saying how his dads lexus 400 or 430, im not sure which. is much faster then "that subaru or whatever" because "its a v8, what is that a V6) i reply with 4 cylinder then he immediatly thinks it would kill the subaru... the miseducation of something. Then i got a race challenge for my mustang by his friends navigator. (admittingly it will be closer then i would like it to be with my automatic) Just some funny stuff. 8>4 so it must be faster right
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

they dont grasp the concept of weight I dont believe. But from a highspeed roll the lexus might have a chance, like above 80. But i could be wrong, any input?

Peter North > *

i thought u had a mustang not a wrx?

Originally posted by BamBooI
    i thought u had a mustang not a wrx?
    reread his sig.... His WRX is "invisible" at the moment. Guessing that means he doesn't have one yet.

I just passed a SC430 this morning. Pretty car, IMO. Don't really know much about their performance, but it HAS to be faster since it has more cylinders!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WRXed

reread his sig.... His WRX is "invisible" at the moment. Guessing that means he doesn't have one yet.

I just passed a SC430 this morning. Pretty car, IMO. Don't really know much about their performance, but it HAS to be faster since it has more cylinders!
    SC430 is quite purty, but that convertible hardtop has GOT to add loads of weight on the car...

An LS430 would likewise be heavy but I don't know what kind of engine it's running. I do know that a GS430 would kill us (stock) on the highway...those things are monsters...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

i have an auto too, and i came up to one of these a few months ago. the guy looked at me and asked me to race. i had like 2 others in my car, and so did he. the light turns green, and we were both off, i didnt break torque, so he caught me off the line about .5 car length, but i came up and passed him and at about 75mph or so, i was about 1.5 cars ahead. there i slowed down and let him pass me and i turned on my exit. i was happy with the outcome, mostly because my car is an auto and i didnt brake torque :-)!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

right now i got a v6 automatic mustang, but i talk like i own a wrx. I am a sad sad sad case. I actually dreamed last night that I was at the dealers in the local area searching for a sonic yellow to buy. back onto topic: the GS430 i wouldnt even mess with, thats one fast car, underrated in regards to performance if ya ask me. I would think that a WRX could take a LS430, the car stats numbers on it has the LS runnin a 15 or so sec 1/4 but outa the hole i think its a 0-60 in 7. so with AWD, less weight and a manual vs automatic ls. I dont think that up to 70 or 80 it would be very close.

Peter North > *

and i believe that the LS430 is runnin a similar 300 something hp V8 I think lexus uses the same engine in the GS430 as the LS. But the weight has to be a very very large difference in speed

Peter North > *

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.