WRX vs. Lotus
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Lotus within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went to Buttowillow race track in California. 3 mile course with 20 turns. Only time I was in front of ...

WRX vs. Lotus

Went to Buttowillow race track in California. 3 mile course with 20 turns. Only time I was in front of a brand new yellow Lotus was in the starting grid. Did follow the Lotus for about mile and half. The Lotus darts through the turns with surgical precision and with no need to take the foot off the accelerator. It was amazing to watch it dart throgh the chicanes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well....track car vs. rally car...what'd you expect. I'd bet the Lotus guy would be pretty much saying the same thing if you were running in dirt.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

those lotus' are absolutely amazing as far as handling goes.. sucks that you can do all the mods you wish to your car and it will never handle like that thing does from the factory
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Lotus Elise I'm assuming?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

i would think so.... i was at e-town this passed sat for the autox and there was a elise there. absolute monster of handling.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

The elise is one of the best handling cars. 1.09 g on the skidpad a WRX could never touch that.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Yea, it was the Elise. Yellow. Looked like it could go under a SUV. Lowest street car I've seen.

I once had the pleasure to watch an Elise autoX back in November. It was also the first Elise I've ever seen in person, even had the temp tags still on the car!

It was probably the fastest through the course. I would so sell my soul for one.

Forced Fed has a 7psi turbo kit for them now which makes 275hp compared to the stock 190hp. The are also developing a 400hp kit
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    I once had the pleasure to watch an Elise autoX back in November. It was also the first Elise I've ever seen in person, even had the temp tags still on the car!

It was probably the fastest through the course. I would so sell my soul for one.

Forced Fed has a 7psi turbo kit for them now which makes 275hp compared to the stock 190hp. The are also developing a 400hp kit
    yeah, I have seen quite a few around here and they are just phenominal cars! For less than $50k as well I think they are completely worth it. Low 13sec 1/4 mile times and unfathomable handling!

If that car handled that well and have 275whp I would kill myself in it.. NO JOKE!
    Just call me Clark Kent

I've driven an Elise Drives like a go kart. This was a Euro spec w/the 1.4 litre Rover engine (in Belgium). Still damn fast and fun!

I win.

The Elise is a really neat car but it's definetly not a daily driver and for 50k I think I still go with the Z06.

The Lotus is on the prowl of my wagon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails white_1_110.jpg  

zo6 ew, lotus mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by triguy
    Went to Buttowillow race track in California. 3 mile course with 20 turns. Only time I was in front of a brand new yellow Lotus was in the starting grid. Did follow the Lotus for about mile and half. The Lotus darts through the turns with surgical precision and with no need to take the foot off the accelerator. It was amazing to watch it dart throgh the chicanes.
    Wait, does that mean you kept up for a while? Him/her more carving the turns, you more tearing them up?

Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans
    zo6 ew, lotus mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Z06 > you
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.