Fun little chase with an WS6 T/A
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fun little chase with an WS6 T/A within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm on my way back from dinner tonight with 2 friends when I saw what looked like Trans-Am Taillights ...

Fun little chase with an WS6 T/A

So I'm on my way back from dinner tonight with 2 friends when I saw what looked like Trans-Am Taillights up ahead of me. We get stoped at a redlight with him at the head of the lane with me right behind him both of us going left. It looked like a 98+ Trans am from behind, It sounded like it had an aftermarket exhaust but it wasnt real loud and otherwise looked stock, he had very lightly mirror tinted windows and a big banner in the back that said "Pontiac WS6" in big bold letters....So I'm wondering if he wants to play at all, and just as we get around the corner he guns it and takes off. I had already shifted into 2nd after taking the turn normaly before he punched it, and from 20 i was off boost, and he let off before i really even spooled up.

So we came up to the next redlight on this 2 lane highway but someone else was already stopped in the left lane, so I'm still right behind him and the road is completely deserted past the next light about 3/4 of a mile this nice little strip of road. The light turns green and he nails it, this time I'm in boost and once I hit it I catch up a little bit in 1st, in 2nd he doesnt gain an inch, i hit 3rd gear and he gains a few feet but then halt his advance in about 500rpms and stay on him through the rest of third when i let off as does he. I get in the left lane but at the next light theres someone in his lane and he doesnt follow me. As I pass him I see he looks about 20-25ish and he gives me one of those " wow! what the **** is that?" faces...

I did get a good look at the front and it was deffinatly a 98+ WS6. I've run a few of those at the track, and my only surprise was that with 2 extra people in the car I didnt loose any ground because I know they trap 2 or 3mph faster than me stock and I couldnt really launch it from behind him (didnt want to hit him if he spun or something). I didnt see anyone in the passenger seat so assume he was alone. I thought it was a fun run, I always love surprising people.
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 05-07-2005 at 10:15 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

very nice

WS6 is one of the few American cars I like.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    very nice

WS6 is one of the few American cars I like.
    Same here, I was going to buy one before I decided on the WRX.
    2003 PSM WRX

Bugeye Mafia Hitman

Quote Originally Posted by k662
    same here. I just couldn't justify $20,000+ for a car that was 2-3 years old and I couldn't drive during the winter.
    Just call me Clark Kent

+1 w/ k662.....i almost bought a 01 ws6 T/A....im glad i got my wrx...i love the awd
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by k662
    +1 But 16 grand with no warranty... not for me
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    +1 w/ k662.....i almost bought a 01 ws6 T/A....im glad i got my wrx...i love the awd
    moving up in the chain, huh?

that post is worth nearly two full sentences
    Just call me Clark Kent

How you keep up even with two passengers? Real simple, it is called "drafting" Because you were behind him he was actaully pushing a hole in the air open in front of you allowing you to keep up. If you had switched lanes to try and pass him you would have started falling behind.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

Drafting? um we only got up to about 90mph so I dont think drafting is going to make a big difference at those speeds

Quote Originally Posted by Fourdoor
    How you keep up even with two passengers? Real simple, it is called "drafting" Because you were behind him he was actaully pushing a hole in the air open in front of you allowing you to keep up. If you had switched lanes to try and pass him you would have started falling behind.

Keith
    drafting is not really applicable at speeds that do not exceed 100mph
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    drafting is not really applicable at speeds that do not exceed 100mph

If you say so. Olympic circle track bike racing (the team sport type) is all about drafting and I doubt they get past 40 mph.

Lets just accept that it was "magic" that let him keep up even though he had a couple passengers.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

Quote Originally Posted by Fourdoor
    If you say so. Olympic circle track bike racing (the team sport type) is all about drafting and I doubt they get past 40 mph.

Lets just accept that it was "magic" that let him keep up even though he had a couple passengers.

Keith
    well to give you benefit of the doubt on the drafting thing.. you still must consider it could have been an AT T/A which means its a high 13sec car and he is running low 13's and only trapping about 2-3mph less than a T/A would.. so I would say it is fairly believeable.
    Just call me Clark Kent

With my vf22 fmic stage 4 I pulled stock ls1's all day long...

Get rid of the 34 and go 18g and put cars on those cars !
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Quote Originally Posted by 13secwrx
    With my vf22 fmic stage 4 I pulled stock ls1's all day long...

Get rid of the 34 and go 18g and put cars on those cars !
    I like the VF34 alot, It actually seems to spool better than stock did with tons more power, and right now I'm just running the Cobb Stage 2.5 map, so its very conservatively tunned. The next thing I'm planning on doing is an intercooler, alcohol injection and the Streettunner so that I can custom tune the map. I met a tech at subaru near by who has a VF34 swapped 02 wrx and he put down arbout 320whp if I remember correctly and thats without alcohol injection like im planning, I like the quick spool this turbo has since the cars my daily driver, and 320+whp is more than enough for me right now

J-H
    Drafting DOES work. He was basically creating a vacum for you to ride in....any little thing helps....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.