Stock '05 STi vs Another slightly modded '03 Evo - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stock '05 STi vs Another slightly modded '03 Evo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When I had my STi I would "power shift" by leaving my foot on the gas and shifting (w/ clutch) ...

When I had my STi I would "power shift" by leaving my foot on the gas and shifting (w/ clutch) as quick as humanly possible. Just dont red line fourth and go into 3rd when you are trying to hit 5th That sounds real ugly.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourdoor
    There are about 1000 different ideas of what a power shift is.... can you elaborate on your method? I have a double plate CF clutch, so a little clutch abuse for consistant shifts is acceptable to me

Keith
    Ok, essentially you still use the clutch, but keep your foot 1/2-3/4 on the throttle while throwing it into the next gear. You just have to find the spot that best suites you. You can try it just normally shifting around town at the lower rpms first to get the hang of it. It sounds like an auto if you do it right

The trick is that once you have thrown it into gear you don't just sidestep you clutch or else you will get the CLUNK sound that nobody wants to hear. You quickly slip your clutch like you were launching the car instead. Hope that clarified things. I totally didn't want to do this because I swore it would destroy my transmission, but just treat it like a second launch and no stress on the tranny

Note this method will not help you if you shift too early. You will still bog
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    Ok, essentially you still use the clutch, but keep your foot 1/2-3/4 on the throttle while throwing it into the next gear. You just have to find the spot that best suites you. You can try it just normally shifting around town at the lower rpms first to get the hang of it. It sounds like an auto if you do it right

The trick is that once you have thrown it into gear you don't just sidestep you clutch or else you will get the CLUNK sound that nobody wants to hear. You quickly slip your clutch like you were launching the car instead. Hope that clarified things. I totally didn't want to do this because I swore it would destroy my transmission, but just treat it like a second launch and no stress on the tranny

Note this method will not help you if you shift too early. You will still bog
    Cool idea, thanks for the info.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12