WRX vs C230 Kompressor
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs C230 Kompressor within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A buddy from work wants to race, he has the C230 kompressor, my rex is stock engine, (only mods are ...

WRX vs C230 Kompressor

A buddy from work wants to race, he has the C230 kompressor, my rex is stock engine, (only mods are for cornering).
    Should still win right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yup - just make sure you get a half-way decent launch.

Re: WRX vs C230 Kompressor

Originally posted by PKer
    A buddy from work wants to race, he has the C230 kompressor, my rex is stock engine, (only mods are for cornering).
    Should still win right?
    Kompressor is supercharged...darned fast.

You'll win if you can drive.

quote from car and driver:

"With 190 horsepower and 200 pound-feet of torque, the 2.3-liter Kompressor can power the coupe to 62 mph in 7.5 seconds, according to Mercedes."

Smoke him.

My friend, Chris is standing next to me. He HAS that car. He says the WRX will smoke the C230. He loves it though.

-Jim

tan
    pretty popular car where I work

2 popped within a week in March, at my building

How about Top-End?

Originally posted by PKer
    How about Top-End?
    Tho shalt always smoke the C230. POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO!

-Jim

my friend has a c230 k... i was actually gonna buy one first. we were messing around on the highway, and i raced him a couple of times and i killed him every time. dont forget, i have an automatic. the kids was stick and he is a decent driver. he couldnt understand how it is possible for my car to go 'that fast' and being only a 4 cylinder. hehehe!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

A friend of mine traded one in for a 911. The Merc had nice low end, but my guess is that you wouldn't have any trouble. At the track right?

Of course it would be at the track Maybe we should jsut race up the mountain, I need to try out my new Kumho 712's wrapped around Prodrive P1's

today

Interesting thread to come upon, I just happened to have a "small" encounter with one today. I was driving to work and this guy in a red compressor was trying to cut some people off to make the exit. At first, he came up beside me and i could tell he was trying to squeeze in with no signal so i just stayed near the car in front...he gunned it and i saw him squeeze in a few cars ahead. We all get off at the exit and there is a short period before a light, I am trying to get up there and he is weaving in and out around this one car (being an ass basically). We get up to the light and there is a Merc m-class suv in front of me(left lane), he is to the right of that suv and there is some other car to the right of me. So, the light turns green and they both start off kinda slow, as soon as there is some distance between him and the car behind him (the one that was to my right, I snake in behind him and dump it), blow by him like he is standing still (I doubt he was trying but I wanted to make a statement). Get to the next light and traffic has just started moving, I slow down behind some......he is in the right lane and goes by and gets in front of the car in front of me. We finally get to where there is a left turn, he is up ahead and basically stopped, I come up from behind and we are both making the turn, I was downshifting from 3rd to 2nd.....so this guy dumps it again.......he was actually pulling but that was because i was going into gear....i start closing the gap as the rpms build then there is a bunch of stopped traffic ahead. Basically, I was completely frustrated because I know I can kill that car but just didn't have the opportunity. I'll be looking for him the rest of the week cause he works somewhere in the same corporate park as I do. Those are 7 sec cars so I know I can crush him hard.

Re: today

Originally posted by BlackWRX
    I'll be looking for him the rest of the week cause he works somewhere in the same corporate park as I do. Those are 7 sec cars so I know I can crush him hard.
    So, you have a 6 sec WRX, then?

-Jim

a friend of mine has a C im not sure what class. I think they are decent looking little cars. Unless it says AMG im not too personally fond if having one. But to each his own. I m not a fan of the mid-small level import sedans. I think my moms e320 and my step moms 525i are both overrated. One car that must be awsome to drive though and im surprised there havent been any encounters with them. The Jag S type R (the 400 hp version) bc my dads is pretty quick and he just has the normal 4.0 V8
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Even supercharged, those things are PIGS. They weigh a few tons, literally. Race without fear :-)
    I own various Miatas and RX-7's in race trim
    One or two of them actually run now :-)
    Soon to posess a Scooby...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.