WRX vs. Z28 (conv.)

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Z28 (conv.) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; .fter school today, a z28 turned onto the road and i was 2 cars back. He flew off. Finally i ...

WRX vs. Z28 (conv.)

.fter school today, a z28 turned onto the road and i was 2 cars back. He flew off. Finally i caught him at a light. we took off on green, i got a great launch and lunged ahead by about 2-3 cars. From there it stayed with him starting to catch up. I shut down at about 90. It was the last body style, and from what i heard he got little wheel spin, but he definently was ready. I'm in a good mood now
    autobahn storming scooby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you stay out in front of him. Its hard to tell from your story. Anyways good job. With a good launch a WRX with a few mods can beat a z28 in a 1/4 mile (ish) race.

I see you live in Bradenton. Have you run your car at the track? I hope to get up to Bradenton the first Saturday we get some decent weather. Its still very hot/humid down here. Its close to 90 degrees today.

I race at Immokellee raceway 1/8 mile down here in S.W Florida. We have a pretty good crowd on Friday nights. There's a couple WRX's that show up from time to time.

Yeah i stayed in front of him. I shut down at the top of third so ~90. He flew by me when i shut down because he was only about 1.5 to 2.5 cars back at that point.

I've run my car at the track. However thats when i was bone stock and all i could achieve was 14.43 once and i'm ussually at 15 flat to high 14's. I'm going this Friday. It would be cool to have you there with those times!!! keep beaten those vette's...
    autobahn storming scooby