cobb stage 1 vs 05 350z track
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on cobb stage 1 vs 05 350z track within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; on my way home tonite I stop at a light, and a new 350z pulls up next to me. the ...

cobb stage 1 vs 05 350z track

on my way home tonite I stop at a light, and a new 350z pulls up next to me. the guy rolls his windon down and asks me if I want to go, I said sure. I ask him what he has done to his car and he said that it was a stock 05 track. We wait for the light, I launch at about 5000k and pull 2 cars on him. he spun his tires REALLY bad. I shift into 3rd and look back and he is about 3-4 cars behind. We get to the next light and I ask him what happend he said that he launched his car to hard and that he would like to try from a 20mph roll. So we go from a roll I start in 2nd after 3 honks, this time he killed me by about 5 cars at 110mph. We pulled off at a gas station and talked for a while. Real cool guy said that he launched his car at 6k which is why he spun real bad and that he respects the wrx more now. So I guess I won the 1st race due to his inablity to launch his car but whatever it was still fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MANZ79
    on my way home tonite I stop at a light, and a new 350z pulls up next to me. the guy rolls his windon down and asks me if I want to go, I said sure. I ask him what he has done to his car and he said that it was a stock 05 track. We wait for the light, I launch at about 5000k and pull 2 cars on him. he spun his tires REALLY bad. I shift into 3rd and look back and he is about 3-4 cars behind. We get to the next light and I ask him what happend he said that he launched his car to hard and that he would like to try from a 20mph roll. So we go from a roll I start in 2nd after 3 honks, this time he killed me by about 5 cars at 110mph. We pulled off at a gas station and talked for a while. Real cool guy said that he launched his car at 6k which is why he spun real bad and that he respects the wrx more now. So I guess I won the 1st race due to his inablity to launch his car but whatever it was still fun.
    you shoulda probably been in 1st gear....2nd gear goin 2mph wont give much power
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter
    you shoulda probably been in 1st gear....2nd gear goin 2mph wont give much power
    Yeah 2nd was NOT the gear to be in at 20mph. It would've been a lot closer, I think, if you went from first.

Well, I have nothing to say now that everyone took my second gear comments.... But yeah, second gear is a real dog at 20 mph.... Time to learn that double clutch into first gear.

nice run. Yeah, 1st gear would have been a better start but you still would have gotten walked pretty bad. The new 300hp 350Z is going to be trapping about 5/6 mph higher than you.

nice run though
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    Well, I have nothing to say now that everyone took my second gear comments.... But yeah, second gear is a real dog at 20 mph.... Time to learn that double clutch into first gear.
    Double clutch into 1st gear? Why not just rev match?
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

I Support ClubWRX
    Time for stage 2.

I don't think stage 2 would be that much better... I'm sure you could hang in a little closer but you'd still end up getting walked. Stage 2.5 should do it though, at least I'd hope so.

stage 2.5 and u'd be fine,my son
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    Double clutch into 1st gear? Why not just rev match?

to get into first going more than 5mph, you have to double clutch, at least from my personal experince this is the only way it goes in and it is the safest way than just jamming it.

Quote Originally Posted by creditcards
    stage 2.5 and u'd be fine,my son
    for sure. I just walked one about a week ago from a 15 roll. Once you get full boost its over. That car is faster than I thought though.

Nice runs MANZ79! Its so great to beat cars from a dig that would walk you from a roll. I love AWD!
    peace,
    Ryan
    13.2, 103mph w/ cobb st.2.5
    now at 280whp and 270tq tuned by Jorge at P+L Motorsports
    300whp 300 tq on 100 oct. tuned by Jorge again

I would think a Stage 2 WRX could easily handle a stock 350z even with the track package - it still spits out 287hp. This is from that 1/4-mile stock site. These are the 1/4-mile times for a 350z. While the '05 Track edition might do a bit better - maybe .2 or .3 - in the quarter, I doubt it'd be able to rip off mid-13s.

What am I missing?

2003 Nissan 350z 5.4 14.1
    2004 Nissan 350z Roadster 5.7 14.3
    2005 Nissan 350Z 35th Anniversary Edition 6 Speed 5.8 14.3 (C&D Apr '05)

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    I would think a Stage 2 WRX could easily handle a stock 350z even with the track package - it still spits out 287hp. This is from that 1/4-mile stock site. These are the 1/4-mile times for a 350z. While the '05 Track edition might do a bit better - maybe .2 or .3 - in the quarter, I doubt it'd be able to rip off mid-13s.

What am I missing?

2003 Nissan 350z 5.4 14.1
    2004 Nissan 350z Roadster 5.7 14.3
    2005 Nissan 350Z 35th Anniversary Edition 6 Speed 5.8 14.3 (C&D Apr '05)
    From a dig a stageII rex will walk a 350Z...but I think what others were refering to was a rolling race (that is what they went from the second time around) in which a StageII rex would be a good race for a Z if they shut down by 100mph or so and the WRX might even edge it out, but any race starting over 60mph or going past 100mph will more than likely go to the Z car
    Just call me Clark Kent

i raced a 6 speed 350Z about a year ago or so when all i had was a boost controller... we went from about 30mph in 2nd... i put 1-2 cars on her by the middle of third and we cut out there. we did a second pull with the same result... i dont know what everybody is so scared about...?
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    i raced a 6 speed 350Z about a year ago or so when all i had was a boost controller... we went from about 30mph in 2nd... i put 1-2 cars on her by the middle of third and we cut out there. we did a second pull with the same result... i dont know what everybody is so scared about...?
    bryan
    I dont know what happened there.. there are a lot of people here claming to pull on 350Z 6spd with everything from an intake to a StageII setup. Catless with either BC or EM should get the job done, but anything less most likely will not. We get so many kill stories of WRX's with intake and catback, or wrx with MBC beating Z's in 6spd form.. yet every mag and slip I have seen for a decent driven 6spd Z has then trapping over 100mph.

I dont get it
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.