cobb stage 1 vs 05 350z track - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on cobb stage 1 vs 05 350z track within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex yeah, but there is a difference. STi trap = 103/104 350Z trap = 101/102.... there ...

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    yeah, but there is a difference. STi trap = 103/104 350Z trap = 101/102.... there is a 1-2mph difference.... nearly stock wrx = 95-97 depending on mods so that is a much greater difference.
    Either way, like I said, its all relative
    I know how much you like the Z's/G35's, but the numbers you read in the magazine are proffessional drivers on prepped tracks. They make multiple runs with each car finding the correct launch points, and correct shift points to get the best time. The time/trap you see was the proffesional driver's best run. Racing a car on the street is a different ball game. There are so many different variables when you compare cars. HP, TQ, HP/TQ curves, gear ratios, weight, drag, traction, shift points, etc etc etc. Bench racing with trap speeds alone is impossible. Bench racing itself is impossible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I know how much you like the Z's/G35's, but the numbers you read in the magazine are proffessional drivers on prepped tracks. They make multiple runs with each car finding the correct launch points, and correct shift points to get the best time. The time/trap you see was the proffesional driver's best run. Racing a car on the street is a different ball game. There are so many different variables when you compare cars. HP, TQ, HP/TQ curves, gear ratios, weight, drag, traction, shift points, etc etc etc. Bench racing with trap speeds alone is impossible. Bench racing itself is impossible.
    The exact same thing could be said about the STi times as well.
    therefore the times are still relative to one another.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    The exact same thing could be said about the STi times as well.
    therefore the times are still relative to one another.
    The same can be said about all vehicles, and there is no good way to relate any of them bench racing, because of all the variables. The only time you can really call bs on something is when two cars are badly mismatched.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Don't think all z's are tossing up those trap speeds. http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36456
    Toss in the fact they're on a gravel & dirt covered street and not a prepped track and I'm sure it gets even worse.
    yeah, most of the poorly driven 6mt and well driven auto's are getting low 14's (14.1-13.3) with traps around 99mph... but if you look at the ones that 6mt's that are well driven (13.7-13.9) they are trapping 100mph-101mph and even a few 102mph runs.

Most Z's are not getting those times, but it seems like when you do come across a good Z driver they are going to pull off 13.7/13.8 and trap at 101mph or so. Just like a majority of STi owners dont get the greatest times, but when you come across a good driver you see times of 13.1 or so with traps at 104mph
    Just call me Clark Kent

I have encountered serveral Z's one of them I know the guy and he does drive very well. I have had good and bad launches against him. Usually its all the same, By 70 mph he is starting to go passed me. And ran into another Z just a couple of days ago. The guy had a 30 day tag and was revin it up at a stop light, So i ripped him out of the hole and held him off till upwards of 120 when i shut down. so some are well driven and some arent. I am not stage 2 yet i have only TBE/ Upipe/ Flywheel-clutch/K&N dropin-silencer delete removed. Oh yeah dont forget the BOV j/k....
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    I have encountered serveral Z's one of them I know the guy and he does drive very well. I have had good and bad launches against him. Usually its all the same, By 70 mph he is starting to go passed me. And ran into another Z just a couple of days ago. The guy had a 30 day tag and was revin it up at a stop light, So i ripped him out of the hole and held him off till upwards of 120 when i shut down. so some are well driven and some arent. I am not stage 2 yet i have only TBE/ Upipe/ Flywheel-clutch/K&N dropin-silencer delete removed. Oh yeah dont forget the BOV j/k....
    is he stock?
    that is pretty nuts that he passes you at 70mph and you are running catless
    Just call me Clark Kent

is he stock?
    that is pretty nuts that he passes you at 70mph and you are running catless

No he has intake and exhaust setup and im not sure if he has EM or not. He is pretty damn fast tho. I run better against stock STI's than i do his Z car. More on the subject tho i agree with whom ever it was a few posts up that said the driver is the most important mod in the car. even fast cars are slow with a inexperienced driver.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I Support ClubWRX
    when you come across a good driver you see times of 13.1 or so with traps at 104mph
    Dang...I'm still a bad driver then

Sorry..you just know I'd see this and have to comment.

newaz.....I see the 'ole WRX vs 350Z vs STi thread has reared it's head again. Said it again, time and time again...anything is possible, on any given day, with any given car, with any given driver. Props for your win!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Said it again, time and time again...anything is possible, on any given day, with any given car, with any given driver. Props for your win!!

+1.......
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Dang...I'm still a bad driver then
    what do you mean. I said a really good driver in an STi will run 13.1@104mph. You ran a 12.9@104mph.. that would make you exceptional!
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    what do you mean. I said a really good driver in an STi will run 13.1@104mph. You ran a 12.9@104mph.. that would make you exceptional!

Yeah, yeah....just funnin' ya! Thanks for the props. I think it's in the genes
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123