cobb stage 1 vs 05 350z track - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on cobb stage 1 vs 05 350z track within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; didn't someone has a sig on here that said something like: "racing from a roll is like masturbating...no matter how ...

didn't someone has a sig on here that said something like:

"racing from a roll is like masturbating...no matter how good you get at it its still not the real thing"
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

alright thats it, i've got to go find another one to race. my car should be at least a half second faster now than it was for the last race, so we'll see how it goes...
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    alright thats it, i've got to go find another one to race. my car should be at least a half second faster now than it was for the last race, so we'll see how it goes...
    bryan
    dont get me wrong.. I am calling BS on your Z kill... just saying that it is strange that all these nearly stock wrx's have claim to have beating 6spd Z's which trap about 4-6mph higher. Again, nothing against you, I am sure your claim is real, its just odd that there are SO MANY of them.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    Time to learn that double clutch into first gear.

I dont think i understand what that means? I have always understood double clutching as when down shifting you push in the clutch, pull the gear shift into neutrel then let out, then bounce the revs up to just a bit higher than where you would smoothly engage your shift, ( allowing for them to fall a bit in the time it takes to finish the shift ) then depress the clutch again and shift into lower gear.

Im not being a di@k I just dont understand, is that what you ment about him launching from first going from second then back to first? My WRX is impossble to do that into first at 20 mph? Thought the tranny has a safety thing in it to keep from shifting into first at those speeds.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

heres a video..freeway race...my wrx with hks uppipe/downpipe...injen ses catback mbc set at 16 psi (no em) vs friends 350z stock except for injen intake

race is from 60-120 ..its really dark but i'm in the left lane..car is inside view from his car...if your video player lets you brighten vid u can see a lot better

http://www.elit3.com/upload.php?file...VsFriendsz.MPG

u have to right click and save

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    heres a video..freeway race...my wrx with hks uppipe/downpipe...injen ses catback mbc set at 16 psi (no em) vs friends 350z stock except for injen intake

race is from 60-120 ..its really dark but i'm in the left lane..car is inside view from his car...if your video player lets you brighten vid u can see a lot better

http://www.elit3.com/upload.php?file...VsFriendsz.MPG

u have to right click and save

I luv it,

Passenger - "Slow down Slow Down"
    Passenger - "We almost ate it!"
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    I luv it,

Passenger - "Slow down Slow Down"
    Passenger - "We almost ate it!"
    yeah that was one of my buddies riding in the 350z.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    yeah that was one of my buddies riding in the 350z.

Nice looks like you had a good run against him. If you look at the vid and stop it at the first second you can see how high his RPM guage is at so he was in the meat of his RPM range.

Good Kill
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

yup so was i. i just posted to show a stage 2 wrx should take a 350z on the freeway. But the newer ones have more power and my friend mentioned they now rev up to 7k so who knows what would happen with those.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    dont get me wrong.. I am calling BS on your Z kill... just saying that it is strange that all these nearly stock wrx's have claim to have beating 6spd Z's which trap about 4-6mph higher. Again, nothing against you, I am sure your claim is real, its just odd that there are SO MANY of them.
    Drivers the most important mod in the car, a prime example of that is mikaust and dug-e-fresh on nasioc. Mikaust drove his car to a 12.2 I think it was and df got in it and powered it to an 11.6. Trap speeds while releveant don't make the race.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Drivers the most important mod in the car, a prime example of that is mikaust and dug-e-fresh on nasioc. Mikaust drove his car to a 12.2 I think it was and df got in it and powered it to an 11.6. Trap speeds while releveant don't make the race.
    I am aware of what a driver does for a car during a race, but in reference to all these kills, it is kinda odd that near stock wrx's continually encounter poorly driven 350Z's.... but I guess it is all relative... yet a bit strange as well though.
    Just call me Clark Kent

then you have the guys that have well driven z's that are beating poorly driven sti's
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    then you have the guys that have well driven z's that are beating poorly driven sti's
    yeah, but there is a difference. STi trap = 103/104 350Z trap = 101/102.... there is a 1-2mph difference.... nearly stock wrx = 95-97 depending on mods so that is a much greater difference.
    Either way, like I said, its all relative
    Just call me Clark Kent

Don't think all z's are tossing up those trap speeds. http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36456
    Toss in the fact they're on a gravel & dirt covered street and not a prepped track and I'm sure it gets even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Don't think all z's are tossing up those trap speeds. http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36456
    Toss in the fact they're on a gravel & dirt covered street and not a prepped track and I'm sure it gets even worse.

Good link i went through a couple pages and it really seems like the 350s are running low 14s at 98-99mph those seem to be the norm.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast