what not to race in a stock 05 rex! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on what not to race in a stock 05 rex! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; your not gonna beat much of anything special above 125. 5th gear is deadly for us until we have some ...

your not gonna beat much of anything special above 125. 5th gear is deadly for us until we have some decent power. there's a chance you were pulling from him from 85 until 125 and then hit a wall when going to 5th.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    your not gonna beat much of anything special above 125. 5th gear is deadly for us until we have some decent power. there's a chance you were pulling from him from 85 until 125 and then hit a wall when going to 5th.
    Doubtful, in a stock WRX. The Cayenne Turbo traps in the 102-103mph range in the quarter. It's heavy, but it's also 450hp. No way the WRX pulls away at 85mph...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    That doesn't sound right at all, about the Cayenne being unstable at speed, especially the Turbo, which is more stiffly sprung than the S. As has been said, that vehicle should be FAR more stable at 125 than a WRX could hope to be. The road tests basically comment that it drives, handles, and accelerates like a jacked up 911.

That is one SUV that I would proud to own.

+1. Cayenne Turbo is downright mean.....people complain
    about the power when driving in town....the throttle is VERY sensitive....My friend had an S and we have some fun....
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Doubtful, in a stock WRX. The Cayenne Turbo traps in the 102-103mph range in the quarter. It's heavy, but it's also 450hp. No way the WRX pulls away at 85mph...
    w3rd
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

its sad to see some of the people taht drive them though. There is a girl here at UM (lots of folks with money here, and wont even start to say the nice cars Ive seen, unless you want me too ) but this girl maybe 20-21 was in a black cayenne turbo and she was talking on the phone. Im not even sure she knows how much power that car has.

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    +1. Cayenne Turbo is downright mean.....people complain
    about the power when driving in town....the throttle is VERY sensitive....My friend had an S and we have some fun....
    I was able to take out an S from a 5mph roll to about 45 or so by about a car and he was def trying.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Cayenne Turbo = 2x stock WRX power, but less than 2x the weight.

and don't race a forester xt.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

Yeah, some guy at work just got a Cayenne Turbo...pretty sweet looking SUV. Another co-worker has the regular cayenne and honestly, its butt ugly. Dont know why I dont like it as much...oh, wait it's that big hump in the hood that hides the turbo...that's whats missing!

All I know is that the parking lot where I work is turning into an exotic German parking lot...my WRX looks out of place. Besides the 2 Cayannes, there are at least 6 NEW M3's (2 convertables) , a Boxter and I lost track of the number of Mercede (including 1 of those $125k SL's). Oh, and one Jague XK8 and a Type S Jag of some type.

Quote Originally Posted by VOLFAN
    Yeah, some guy at work just got a Cayenne Turbo...pretty sweet looking SUV. Another co-worker has the regular cayenne and honestly, its butt ugly. Dont know why I dont like it as much...oh, wait it's that big hump in the hood that hides the turbo...that's whats missing!

All I know is that the parking lot where I work is turning into an exotic German parking lot...my WRX looks out of place. Besides the 2 Cayannes, there are at least 6 NEW M3's (2 convertables) , a Boxter and I lost track of the number of Mercede (including 1 of those $125k SL's). Oh, and one Jague XK8 and a Type S Jag of some type.
    Sounds like you are the only sensible one at youre work....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    I was able to take out an S from a 5mph roll to about 45 or so by about a car and he was def trying.
    Big difference between the S and a Turbo model.
    340hp in the new S model isn't really all that much when you consider that it's trying to get 5000 pounds moving. I think that the S clocks 0-60 in 7 seconds or something like that.
    Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if he could pull on you from a roll at 60mph or so.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by t
    A suv would be the last thing i'd wanna be doing 125 + in. A few people I know that have them say they are unsteady after 100.

You have been miss-informed! That SUV and the new ML are both very stable. In fact the stock WRX hopes to grow up to be as stable as one of those at 100+ speeds.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    Sounds like you are the only sensible one at youre work....
    Sesnisble and obviously not in sales/marketing!

I have been itching to catch the guy who drives the boxster one day coming/going from work so I can pounce on him. I know he would take the bait. Unfortunately, it is from the 1st model year, one of those that had a lot less HP than the ones today.

Still you may wanna stay away form that boxter on a curvy road. I have been driving a porsche at 167 on a highway and it is funny i was not worried about the car at all cause it was like iw as going 25mph in a taruas but that i would pass a cop going that speed. Tho i doubt he would have given chase.
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    Cobb Stage 2 Cattless FTW
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    To 45...nice
    04 WRX
    14.1@94 Mods: TBE 90octane

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast