02 wagon vs e46 M3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 wagon vs e46 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well this happened last week and i felt like i should should share...i was coming home from the races with ...

02 wagon vs e46 M3

well this happened last week and i felt like i should should share...i was coming home from the races with my friend (88 turbo supra) just messing around...and i saw this blue m3...and i've been wanting to race one ever since i got my cobb AP stage 2 in...btw iam using the highway map and hitting 16.5 psi in 4th is this ok?...back to story... we catch up to him and my friend lets me pull up next to the m3, since my friend has lost many a times against m3's and i havent had a chance... so we pull up to each other and i downshift to 3rd at around 60....he downshifts too and i start giving it a little gas...and he punches it and i punch it....we take off simultaneously and i get about a half a car jump and hold it until the end of 3rd where we let off...we pull up to a street light and both get in the turning lanes (there were 2) and my friend is behind me...by this time he is pissed.. he starts revving his engine like mad and i just purr back at him ...so the light turns green and we both keep it in 1st until we line up next to each other and as soon as we both get straight we punch it...again almost the exact same time...i get a half car jump again...and we take it all the way up to 120 or so...i held him off until the end of 3rd and then he started slowly pulling on me...by the end of the race he had a half a car on me and hit the hazards...i thought i did pretty good and he had nothing to be proud of... to me there is nothing better than seeing the faces of people in cars like those, when they see that they cannot smoke a wagon
    Mods: ERZ Up/Down pipe, bosal dual tip cat-back, cobb AP stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, didnt know that was possible.

why not? normally a stage 2 wrx COULD do low 13's with a good driver...i have upped my boost a bit... so im guessing i could be in the 13.3's?

Quote Originally Posted by evL`WrX
    well this happened last week and i felt like i should should share...i was coming home from the races with my friend (88 turbo supra) just messing around...and i saw this blue m3...and i've been wanting to race one ever since i got my cobb AP stage 2 in...btw iam using the highway map and hitting 16.5 psi in 4th is this ok?...back to story... we catch up to him and my friend lets me pull up next to the m3, since my friend has lost many a times against m3's and i havent had a chance... so we pull up to each other and i downshift to 3rd at around 60....he downshifts too and i start giving it a little gas...and he punches it and i punch it....we take off simultaneously and i get about a half a car jump and hold it until the end of 3rd where we let off...we pull up to a street light and both get in the turning lanes (there were 2) and my friend is behind me...by this time he is pissed.. he starts revving his engine like mad and i just purr back at him ...so the light turns green and we both keep it in 1st until we line up next to each other and as soon as we both get straight we punch it...again almost the exact same time...i get a half car jump again...and we take it all the way up to 120 or so...i held him off until the end of 3rd and then he started slowly pulling on me...by the end of the race he had a half a car on me and hit the hazards...i thought i did pretty good and he had nothing to be proud of... to me there is nothing better than seeing the faces of people in cars like those, when they see that they cannot smoke a wagon

wow, you should have gotten beaten A LOT worse then that.. consider yourself lucky.

nice runs
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

why not? normally a stage 2 wrx COULD do low 13's with a good driver...i have upped my boost a bit... so im guessing i could be in the 13.3's?
    13.3 1/4 mile means nothing unless you launch. If you are not launching you want to focus on trap speeds.
    StageII wrx trap = 101mph
    M3 trap = 107mph

In a 1/4mile race it would have been close, with the M3 still edging you out, but without your launch your *usually* no match for an M3 on the stock turbo.. but as I said, sometimes people get lucky
    Just call me Clark Kent

nice runs. Where did this take place?

I Support ClubWRX
    Ibthisturnsintoahugeflamewarandthem3ownersmakethei rwayoverhereandthewrxvstheworldforumeventuallyexpl odes

Wagon's Rule!!!!

Highway map(HWG)= High Waste Gate map....holds the wastegate closed longer. (fyi)

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Ibthisturnsintoahugeflamewarandthem3ownersmakethei rwayoverhereandthewrxvstheworldforumeventuallyexpl odes
    I bet when typing that out you accidentally pressed the space bar like 4 times didn't you
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I bet when typing that out you accidentally pressed the space bar like 4 times didn't you
    Nope. For some reason when you type a long sentence like that it does that all by itself (try it)

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Nope. For some reason when you type a long sentence like that it does that all by itself (try it)
    U R ghey
    Just call me Clark Kent

my r32 is right there in par with a stage 2 cobb and trust me, i got my ass handed from a roll.

And no DTR_Rex, i still havent gotten the m3. Soon, or i may just trade the 04 sl500 +wrx for a barely used 03 sl55 amg... well see.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

also just to let you guys know the m3 had 2 passengers besides the driver

also just to let you guys know the m3 had 2 passengers besides the driver
    that may be a problem. i ran one with 2 extra passengers, and he couldn't get away from me on the highway. It was awesome. Now, i also ran one with just the driver, and that mofo took me easily.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.