02 wagon vs e46 M3 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 02 wagon vs e46 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRXcelration nice kill your a boob...

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice kill
    your a boob
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anything can happen on the streets but I know when I went up against my friend's M3 he pulled on me every time. I had similar races to yours as well. We only did one highway race from about 65 mph with him having one more passenger than I did. I held him until about 80mph and then he walked by me pretty easily.

The other 2-3 times we went from a slow roll.. about 15mph. I'd get a slight jump (half car) but he'd quickly pass me and continue to pull by me, ending with about a car and a half by 80mph. They're definitely quick cars and their top end is pretty fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice kill

ahhhh...... i started to miss your posts WRXcelration. welcome back!!!

much like everyone else said, stage two isn't going to help you from a roll against an M3, maybe it was a 330ci they have the little side grills that M3's have. I'm all about taking it to cars with a bigger price tag but if you beat this kid either he wasn't racing, or is really god awful. And maybe your version of slowly walked by me was in all actuallity, he hit the top of third, I shifted into forth and he F'd my world up really bad. That is more then likely the actual outcome against an M3 in a stage 2.
    05 wrx, with modds. Now with new and improved turbo and more boost.
    277hp253tq @16psi. tuned at slowboyracing.com on dynopacs
    "let the owning comence"

by walking me i meant we shifted into 4th with him half a car behind then we stayed in 4th for about 2 secs and he was a half car to a car in front of me....
    Mods: ERZ Up/Down pipe, bosal dual tip cat-back, cobb AP stage II

To me this sounds more like the outcome of an E36 M3 rather than an E46. In my evo I did a freeway pull of about 60 to 120 with an E36 and I barely beay him at 120. He was right on my ass but I was pulling. Stage 2 wrx's are no problem for my evo just as a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    13.3 1/4 mile means nothing unless you launch. If you are not launching you want to focus on trap speeds.
    StageII wrx trap = 101mph
    M3 trap = 107mph

In a 1/4mile race it would have been close, with the M3 still edging you out, but without your launch your *usually* no match for an M3 on the stock turbo.. but as I said, sometimes people get lucky
    you are sooooo right. its true though, my R32 is capable of low 13's too... but the traps are around 100-103mph with chip, intake. I know for a fact that e46 m3's are no joke. they trap from 104-107. The same goes for the c32 amg which i am really looking into getting one.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

well like i said before, ive gotten a 13.2 @ 108 in my STOCK E46 M3, wrx's, stage 2 or not...same with sti's for that matter, arent too much comp for an M3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.