5.0 smoked me

This is a discussion on 5.0 smoked me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This was my 2nd race and i'm still only at 1300 miles so i didnt want to push it. Well ...

5.0 smoked me

This was my 2nd race and i'm still only at 1300 miles so i didnt want to push it. Well i'm on the highway going home. I was cruising at about 60 in 5th. I'm also in the very right lane. All of a sudden i see a red blur fly by me. So being a young youth of america, i decide to go on a chase. So i drop it into 4th and take off after him. I find out that its a red porsche 944. I'm not sure how fast they are so i decide to "test" how fast they can go. I'm not quite up to him yet so i keep on moving up. Then from a merging lane this black 5.0 passes me. I'm pretty sure he was tryin to "test" the 944 too. Well now the 5.0 is in the very left lane and the porsche is in the very right lane.(3 lane highway) But there is a old beat up car in the middle lane infront of me. So i decided to speed up and see if i can challenge these people to a race since i'm pretty sure they already wanted to race. So i fly between them and i cut infront of the red porsche. But the porsche just slows down and does not give chase.(which was a big disappointment) Oh no the storys not over yet. The 5.0 decides that he does want a piece of me so he guns it and he moves up next to me. We fly down the road and he's about 3 cars ahead of me. Which doesnt surpise me since i'm only tryin to take it up to 4000rpm. Well after a few swerves and lane changes, we get off the exit ramp to my house. We pull up side by side at a red light and he lowers his window and i do too. So i ask him if its a 5.0 and he nods. He then says,"great car, I love those things". I then ask him if his car is supercharged and he says yes. So when the light hits green we go for it and i take him until about a car length. Until THAT SNEEKY MOTHER PUSHES HIS NITROUS. AND ITS ALL OVER FROM THERE.

Well I hope u all enjoyed my story. not the greatest ever but an adventure. Oh Yeah i forgot to mention. I DO NOT CONDONE STREET RACING....SAVE IT FOR THE TRACK (unless you're bored or u think u can smoke him)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

are you sure he sprayed?? that stinks if he did just more reason to mod your car.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

wrx2ner1, give yourself some credit...it was a great story. I had a run against a 4.6 mustang GT earlier tonight. Light turns green and I gun it. I slowly walked on him until he was about a car behind me. I didn't get the greatest start but it did the job. His car seemed fast though. All I can tell that he had done was an exhaust. My only mods are a godspeed uppipe and an HKS catback. It was definately fun
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Wisdom rules!

I almost had this same kinda thing happen to me on I95 this past Friday. Silver blur.....Audi A4 body...i'm already doing a comfy 70 he's gotta be around 85-90. YOUNG me would have dropped it down into 3rd and "tested" him. OLDER, wiser me says, check the rear view first.

Hmm, lights coming up fast through the traffic - someone else is already running him. I wonder what the....OH SNAP! it's a CROWN VIC! Let off the gas, check the markings - roof baggage! Oh, it's just a TAXI....clutch in, shift to third......SPIDEY SENSE.....AGAIN?!?!?!

Check the six.......D'OH!!! state TROOPER coming up fast....phew! Glad I didn't. Way down the road, the red and blues come on. By the time I pass, the A4's pulled over. MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH. Sux to be U.

Of course, i'm not that old and mature.... I did some "testing" on saturday........pick and choose wisely.

Roamin'
    Last edited by Roamin'Coyote; 09-30-2002 at 12:35 PM.

Re: Wisdom rules!

Originally posted by Roamin'Coyote
    Of course, i'm not that old and mature.... I did some "testing" on saturday........pick and choose wisely.

Roamin'
    Words to drive by...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Whenst tho sees a 5.0 with drag radials, tho shall not look stupid by racing them...

Seriously, a lot of these bad boys run 9s.

Not to be had unless you have an upgraded turbo.

-Jim