Looks like someone is trying to give the Mazda 3 some guts...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looks like someone is trying to give the Mazda 3 some guts... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; new turbo kit with 235whp on 7psi Can't wait to see what this runs... http://www.hiboost.com/kitmmazda3.htm...

Looks like someone is trying to give the Mazda 3 some guts...

new turbo kit with 235whp on 7psi

Can't wait to see what this runs...

http://www.hiboost.com/kitmmazda3.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh hell yes, that's awesome.

I Support ClubWRX
    The flange for that turbo looks very familiar
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I just read recently in one of my mags, either autoweek or car&drvier that Mazda plans on doing a mazdaspeed version of the 3. The estimated numbers looked pretty decent... mid-low 200hp range. Don't know about price though.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's sad that an aftermarket turbo kit with low boost on the Mazda 3 is putting down more power than most modified MazdaSpeed Proteges that came stock with a turbo.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by 03WREX
    I just read recently in one of my mags, either autoweek or car&drvier that Mazda plans on doing a mazdaspeed version of the 3. The estimated numbers looked pretty decent... mid-low 200hp range. Don't know about price though.
    yeah, I heard the same thing. Supposedly they have been getting A LOT of criticism and compaints about the lack of balls in their cars. In the next years we are supposed to be expecting the Mazdaspeed 3, Mazdaspeed RX-8, and soon to come out Mazdaspeed6. All of them look really promising. The RX8 handles real well, looks great and has a nice interior. If they can put more power in it and keep the price low it will be a sports car to rivaled with FOR SURE. I am already waiting in huge anticipation of the Mazdaspeed 6
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    It's sad that an aftermarket turbo kit with low boost on the Mazda 3 is putting down more power than most modified MazdaSpeed Proteges that came stock with a turbo.
    Seeing how I own a Mazdaspeed Protege, I couldn't agree more. I guess you have bigger displacement motor with better internals mated to a better, turbo, etc. on that kit.

I'm just glad I didn't buy my car because it was really fast.

Still, torque steer on that has to be a *****.

My cousin has a Mazda 3 and is getting the turbo in it soon.
    2003 PSM WRX

Bugeye Mafia Hitman

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.