Mitsu Lancer EVO VII vs WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mitsu Lancer EVO VII vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up, As everyone knows the 2003 Mitsu Lancer Evo VII is coming to dealers soon. What do yall think ...

Mitsu Lancer EVO VII vs WRX

Whats up,

As everyone knows the 2003 Mitsu Lancer Evo VII is coming to dealers soon. What do yall think about that car? WRX killer or what? i heard 280hp in a twin turbo'd and intercooled 4 cyclinder with that famous 4 wheel drive of the lancer evo's AND if that wasnt enough the car is gonna have those 3 diff torque settings. I think its gonna be 27k? 26k? i dont know for sure ..but that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. only bad thing is they kinda look like boxier accords ... oh well im still thinkin about gettin one...
    fast is better. NOS = fast .Turbo = fast .supercharger = fast

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Evo VII will not be coming to the US, the Evo VIII will, in about a year.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

alright in a year. whatever, what do all the WRX owners think of this car? is it serious competion? or what
    fast is better. NOS = fast .Turbo = fast .supercharger = fast

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    For a stock WRX, they'd kill us. For an STi version, it'd be just about even. For a modded version of either our WRX or STi, we'd kill a stock Evo. Mod for mod, I'd say it'd be up to the driver.

- Info sourced from Best Motoring Vol. 5!

Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Verdugo
    For a stock WRX, they'd kill us. For an STi version, it'd be just about even. For a modded version of either our WRX or STi, we'd kill a stock Evo. Mod for mod, I'd say it'd be up to the driver.

Sweet! I've got that DVD on order...

Originally posted by ryland
    The Evo VII will not be coming to the US, the Evo VIII will, in about a year.
    EvoVIII will be here Jan 03 (read it from some magazine).

Too bad this baby http://www.litimports.co.uk/subaru/stis202.html won't come to the U.S. I can't believe they put 320hpp on a stock 4-cylinder :-P

Stock wrx to stock lancer will actually be pretty close. I don't think they'll have near the power people are expecting. I'm thinking around 240hp and a tag just under 30 grand
    2005 STI
    Obsidian black with gold wheels

Moderator of SE forum

Quote:
    What is the handicapped parking situation at the special olympics?

There will be two versions of the EVO coming. The first version will be the Lancer EVO RS. It will be similar to the base model WRX. I believe it will have a detuned 4G63, making about 240HP, no AYC (Active Yaw Control). Then they will bring out the Lancer EVO VIII GSR. 270HP, possible AYC, various weight saving parts (hollow camshafts, CF hood, etc). That should be around $35K and targeted specifically at the WRX STi's that Subaru will be releasing next year.

its like comparing a V6 mustang to a Z28 camero, or a V6 camero to GT mustang. They are a better car, but more expensive but our upgraded counterpart can hold its own against an evo
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

The US version will not have the 276hp version that everyone else have. Instead it is going to be around 250 or so, because of the FMIC changes for safety regulations. But that is probably the first thing all of the owners are going to upgrade when they get their evo 8.
    Performance wise, EVO will be faster. But a bit more expensive. So it is really give and take on what you want.

Re: Mitsu Lancer EVO VII vs WRX

Originally posted by LUV2XLR8
    i heard 280hp in a twin turbo'd and intercooled 4 cyclinder with that famous 4 wheel drive of the lancer evo's AND if that wasnt enough the car is gonna have those 3 diff torque settings. I think its gonna be 27k? 26k? i dont know for sure .....
    single turbo only, no evos that i know of are twin turbo, at least not from the factory. I highly doubt we will get all the goodies that europe and japan get for a price around 27K, unless mitsu is willing to take a large loss on each car. what will most likely happen is a wattered down version of the car for 27K ish, and a special editon for 35K to compete with the sti.

mark
    2002 s2k - stock

more like $37k for you guys so I think the ol rexy will still be far better value for money

The Lancer evo VII is a better track car Due to its more sophisticated drivetrain. I pesonally think the VII is ugly. Not much style. I also agree with what was said below

Verdugo :

What you keep hearing is right. Compare the Evo to the STi for a fair comparison. Subaru has said that the STi is going to have more HP than the EVO. I'm not scared. Especially when the EVO's head gasket blows.

the evo VIII is only 0.1 sec faster than the STi from what I read. Dead even cars. We'll be seeing some tough battles.
    - Ilian
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast