The Lotus ate my exhaust
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on The Lotus ate my exhaust within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Those new elies's...or whatever they are, the look cute but man they suck. i thought it was going to be ...

The Lotus ate my exhaust

Those new elies's...or whatever they are, the look cute but man they suck. i thought it was going to be more of a race. read up on em and i wouldnt pay 49K for a 16 sec car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 400HPClubWRX
    Those new elies's...or whatever they are, the look cute but man they suck. i thought it was going to be more of a race. read up on em and i wouldnt pay 49K for a 16 sec car.

The new Lotus Elise runs low 13's and set U.S. records for the best handling production car in HISTORY! 1.06 skidpad!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

190 hp Toyota GT-S engine. vs. 400hp turbo boxer engine

I wonder who will win

It'll probably get ya on the twisties, though
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

The Elise if focking hot! I would have one on order right now if I didn't live in the freaking arctic circle.

Did the dude know you were racing him? You should really give your competitors some indication that you're racing them....they'll appreciate it.

SDD
    [COLOR=Navy]Steve in Minnesota
    '04 WRX Sport'n Wagon - PSM
    Drag Racing / Street Racing is for fast cars....Autocross is for fast drivers! COLOR]

Yeah they have perfromance numbers similar to an STI in terms of acceleration. But handling they kick some serious butt. I saw one today while crusing in the STI and they look exotic and they are VERY small and lightweight.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in MN
    The Elise if focking hot! I would have one on order right now if I didn't live in the freaking arctic circle.

Did the dude know you were racing him? You should really give your competitors some indication that you're racing them....they'll appreciate it.

SDD
    Just read about a turbo kit for them in SCC that at 15 psi a little more than doubled the stock output up to 346 at the wheels.... in a VERY light well handling car. Made me drool all over myself

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

yea remember, it "only" has 190 hp, but it also weighs under 2000 pounds. they are very ugly though. I think lotus says 0-60 is 4.9 seconds.

Its like an Integra Type R, wasnt meant for straight line performance. Its a drivers car meant for twisties and tracks. And as previously said, with it's insane power to weight ratio, it still gets to 60 and the 1/4 mile marl pretty damn quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourdoor
    Just read about a turbo kit for them in SCC that at 15 psi a little more than doubled the stock output up to 346 at the wheels.... in a VERY light well handling car. Made me drool all over myself

Keith
    I would most definatly kill myself in a sub-2000lb, 346whp street legal vehicle

I want one soooo bad
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

I Support ClubWRX
    IMO, the Elise is an awesome track car, but for daily driving...no way. Talk about bone jarring. Drove a few in the UK...they are truly go carts and with the up in HP for the US model, I can only imagine how well they perform now. Still can't get over the visible air you can see between fenders and front and rear of tires. Seems to kit carish..even though I know the composite frame is leaps and bounds above our own frame.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Not my cup of tea looks wise, but they must be a blast in the twisties

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    they are very ugly though.
    It still cracks me up when people who own WRX's call another car ugly... It's like a guy with a bad toupee laughing at another bald guy for being bald.

Feel free to look down on the Elise for being spartan, overpriced, sardine can sized or even British. Styling is obviously a subjective matter of preference, but one could hardly argue that any Lotus could be called "ugly" when the frame of reference in this comparison is a WRX.

I always appreciated my WRX for what it was, and found the design to have a certain unique appeal. But it certainly wouldn't win any beauty contests or get front row treatment on restaurant row. Roll up in a Lotus, and you'll have women begging for a ride, their boyfriends looking at you with envy, and valets stumbling over themselves to grab your keys. Now, is that really "ugly"?
    Last edited by Dan00Hawk; 05-01-2005 at 09:08 PM.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    It still cracks me up when people who own WRX's call another car ugly... It's like a guy with a bad toupee laughing at another bald guy for being bald.

Feel free to look down on the Elise for being spartan, overpriced, sardine can sized or even British. Styling is obviously a subjective matter of preference, but one could hardly argue that any Lotus could be called "ugly" when the frame of reference in this comparison is a WRX.

I always appreciated my WRX for what it was, and found the design to have a certain unique appeal. But it certainly wouldn't win any beauty contests or get front row treatment on restaurant row. Roll up in a Lotus, and you'll have women begging for a ride, their boyfriends looking at you with envy, and valets stumbling over themselves to grab your keys. Now, is that really "ugly"?
    I will agree to that... The Elise is not exactly a "looker" but is def. different, and the wrx is def. not a great looking car stock either.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yeah the turbo'd elise trapped at like 114 mph....and ran a low 12 second quarter...not too bad for a bolt on turbo kit...

Those cars are hot..pricey but hot
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

I wonder what the Ariel Atom 2 will run? 300hp, supercharged Type-R engine (Civic Type-R or RSX Type-R, not sure if they are the same engine), and less than 1100lbs. Now that is definitely a go-kart.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast