The Lotus ate my exhaust - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on The Lotus ate my exhaust within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The Lotus Elise 111R (same as the USDM Elise) was taken on the strait by pretty much any of the ...

The Lotus Elise 111R (same as the USDM Elise) was taken on the strait by pretty much any of the JDM 280hp cars in one of the Best Motoring DVDs. The Elise was great around the corners, but too wheezy on the straits and it was easily passed by the EVO, STi, NSX-R (no contest, probably faster around the corners as well). IMHO, the Corvette is still a better all around track package stock-for-stock (throw Rs on the Vette of course, like the Elise can come with standard) than the Elise and has competed and won at International Sports Car racing levels.

-Chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dude there is NO way you are making that kind of power, i agree with southpaw on this, i have practicly the same setup only a 75 shot manifold kit, and i am no wheres near that power, dude this is a site to talk and get help on car things not to come bull ****ting, this is a wrx site so do you actually think that we would believe you could make that power from a vf34 there is no way in hell i dont care what you say, so until you can get a dyno posted up here dont be going around saying your making all that power cause then you make all of us wrx owners look bad

Quote Originally Posted by blackwrx03
    dude there is NO way you are making that kind of power, i agree with southpaw on this, i have practicly the same setup only a 75 shot manifold kit, and i am no wheres near that power, dude this is a site to talk and get help on car things not to come bull ****ting, this is a wrx site so do you actually think that we would believe you could make that power from a vf34 there is no way in hell i dont care what you say, so until you can get a dyno posted up here dont be going around saying your making all that power cause then you make all of us wrx owners look bad

maybe he went on a certain dyno that tends to yield higher numbers, and you went on a dyno that tends to yield lower numbers.

lol, are we done yet with the bashing... its getting kind of humerous yet old. this post was origionally put here to talk lotus, not my engine. im done with this thread

haha

you guys should see my 550whp stock turbo'd evo!

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    haha

you guys should see my 550whp stock turbo'd evo!

C'mon, we all know stock Evo turbos only put out 500 whp...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

The Elise isn't a "looker?" Put down the crack pipe and back away man...

I saw one in person at the 'Vette gathering. There were the new vettes and even the souped up version (z06?) was there. They weren't released yet (I don't know if they are yet even now) and the only reason it was there is because one of the Corvette engineers has a house up in Whitefish and it was his personal ride. I don't remember the whp but it was over 500. And I also saw an Elise there, and even the new Vettes have nothing on it...

Elise are freakin amazing. If all you care about is going in a straight line you may be in the wrong car right now

I don't think there's any car under $100,000 that'd i'd take over it (unless it was just to sell it, buy an Elise, and keep $50k for mods). What other car in that price range will pull the attention of everyone on the block?
    Last edited by Virusx86; 07-24-2005 at 07:19 PM. Reason: typo

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Virusx86
    Elise are freakin amazing. If all you care about is going in a straight line you may be in the wrong car right now

I don't think there's any car under $100,000 that'd i'd take over it (unless it was just to sell it, buy an Elise, and keep $50k for mods). What other car in that price range will pull the attention of everyone on the block?

Who said it was ugly?

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.