Funny salesman Mitsu dealership
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Funny salesman Mitsu dealership within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was showing my new stage 2 setup on my STI to a few buds. We got to talking about ...

Funny salesman Mitsu dealership

I was showing my new stage 2 setup on my STI to a few buds. We got to talking about good platforms to modify, and the Evo came up. Being close by to a Mitsu dealership, we decided to take a look at the Evo. They had a grey/grey MR on the showroom floor. During the initial salesman bantor, my buddy mentioned to the salesman that I drove an STI. The salesman immeadiatly pointed out that the EVO is much faster than MY STI, not, "the STI" YOUR STI... He didn't say, "oh, so you guys are into these cars then!" or anything at all nice, just went right on the offensive like he was responding to a post on some forum (the guy was in his late 40s).

So... Being stage 2 AP w/TBE, I said "not my STI, its not stock". He then asked what I was running for HP, I said "380". Granted, thats a dead lie, I'm probably more like 350ish, but, hey, the guys attitude was pissing me off. So, he quickly responds "you put just a chip in this thing, and it will have 420hp".

I asked, "just a chip huh? No exhaust, nothing else?" he confidentaly stood by his claims. He did mention I'd have no warrenty, but, the car wouldn't have a problem with that kind of HP anyway.

I would have loved to get him to let my buddies test drive it, while I accidentally "found" them on their test drive in my STI.

Oh, the place is metro mitubishi, off 494 in bloomington MN. It was just this one tool, the other salesman that helped us was nice, of course, he knew nothing about the car. They had one MR and 8-10 non-MRs, even a few with leather. Those recaros are pretty awesome...

Didn't stick around to test drive them.
    2004 Java Black Pearl STI
    Shocks... Pegs... Lucky.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lol ****in old guys.......
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Typical salesman

metro mitsu

Been there several times myself. I have been consistently unimpressed each and every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Typical salesman
    yep... No real knowledge of cars, even the cars he is selling. All he is taught to do is know basic "on paper" stats and learn to lie hoping that atleast 1 out of every 10 people he lies to will actually believe him and purchase the car.
    I would have stood there and broken down all the math and stats for him just to prove that guy wrong... I love doing that to salesmen... Granted, I know they have to make a living and all, but if you cant do it honestly, dont do it at all!

anyways, I sat in an Evo at the Chicago Auto Show that had leather Recaro's and they were phenominal!!!!!!!!!! It's just odd having such nice seats in a car and then looking at the rest of the interior
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you guys know that the Evo uses the same V6 turbo that's in all Porsches??11one11!

I love salespeople.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

when i was in the market to buy a new car, i couldnt make up my mind between a WRX and an EVO, the funny thing is, when i was looking at the EVO's, the salesman was a complete jerk, since it was a used EVO, i asked to look under the hood, to see if there were any modifications or any apparent problems, i was pretty sure there wasnt anything wrong with the EVO, but his answer to my asking to see under the hood..... "I'm trying to sell you a car, why would you wanna look under the hood?"

I gave him the dirtiest look and walked out, him asking if i was still interested in the car, i didnt even turn around to say no. Then i promptly went over to the Subaru dealership, was looking at a 02 wrx, and a salesman walks up, i go, uh oh, here we go again. He asks me "Lookin at a WRX huh, ever driven one?" I said no, he went inside, grabbed some plates, gave me the keys, got into the car, and i was SOLD.
    I.H.O.P. = I Hate Old People

subaru dealers are the best i have every delt with...atleast the 1 i got my car at...i was treated w/ the utmost respect...now if only subaru could fix their crappy service it be a very enjoyable experience
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Salesman will say anything im convinced.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    subaru dealers are the best i have every delt with...atleast the 1 i got my car at...i was treated w/ the utmost respect...now if only subaru could fix their crappy service it be a very enjoyable experience
    Sadly, not in my town. The dealership was one of the main reasons (besides cost, used wrx's were too expensive at the time) that I didn't get the WRX, as this guy was a JERK. I tried the hard sell on me and everything. Funny thing was, I actually stopped by there and chatted with the guys a couple times before that when I was car shopping, but this one experience ruined it.

Oh, this was Jack Miller Subaru in Kansas City, KS, which has had a BAD reputation (deservedly so).
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

I thought it was common knowledge that Mitsu dealers suck.

my gf has been looking at new cars. she wanted to check out the 2.5rs, so we did. the sales lady was really cool, and before we even thought about it she grabbed the keys and handed them to us. i am the stick veteran, so i drove it first. soon the sales lady was asking my gf to get in the driver's seat, even though she claimed several times she didn't want to because she wasn't very good with a stick... the sales lady insisted. so she did. and stalled, lurched, bucked, and redlined her way around a church parking lot about half a dozen times.

the sales lady didn't care and she was even laughing with us! and she was super super cool. another subaru dealership we stopped by the sales guy there has repeatedly called about once a month to check up on our situation to see if her current car was totalled out (accident months ago) or whatever happened to the lease situation(up in june).. he would call every once in a while to see if we had found a car yet. anyways, i've been pretty impressed with their sales crew so far. straightforward and nice.
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    dude, this is like you first real post!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, The guy that came with me on my testdrive when I bought my car was an idiot. Dude told me that the reason Corvettes suck and dont sell is because GM does not but AWD in them.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I went to the Mitsu dealer near my house for s^&ts and giggles. The salesman sounded horribly desperate to get me outta my subaru. I would say he was depressing desperate like "old gill" from the Simpsons.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VF34JUNKIE
    I went to the Mitsu dealer near my house for s^&ts and giggles. The salesman sounded horribly desperate to get me outta my subaru. I would say he was depressing desperate like "old gill" from the Simpsons.
    hhahahaaha just a miserable old guy who cant sell for crap and his wife beats him every night asking if he sold a car yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast