Funny salesman Mitsu dealership - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Funny salesman Mitsu dealership within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i would have pissed in the gas tank...

i would have pissed in the gas tank
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mitsubishi sales guys suck! I agree. My friend was planning on buying an EVO8 when it first came out. Sales guy did not even give my friend a chance to test/talk about the car.He said the sales guys just looked at him and did not even ask him for help. Thought my friend was a non-buyer. Pissed my friend off! You look/stair at an EVO for about 10 minutes and all the sales guys don't even bother to ask you if you needed help. Plus, him and his dad were driving a NEW 2004 Ford Excursion Limited Edition. Something is not right there.

Eventually, he left the Mitsubishi dealer in Southfield, MI on Telegraph . Place sucks!!!

He still bought the EVO, but not from there.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

at a mitsu dealer one time ayr or so back just surfing around the lot not wanting any attention but i did walk over to a saleman talkin to a customer bout the evo. it spiked my curiosity so i did alil ease dropping.

customer askes what does this button do (ic sprayer)
    salesman says its sprays washer fluid onto the ic.
    customer, oh whats the purpose for that.
    saleman it's like having super safe nitrous on your car it raises your boost by 2 psi and you get to keep your warranty. .

i walked away trying not to die in laughter.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 05-01-2005 at 06:43 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

^ you mean "eavesdropping" and thats a funny story, super safe nitrous
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    my gf has been looking at new cars. she wanted to check out the 2.5rs, so we did. the sales lady was really cool, and before we even thought about it she grabbed the keys and handed them to us. i am the stick veteran, so i drove it first. soon the sales lady was asking my gf to get in the driver's seat, even though she claimed several times she didn't want to because she wasn't very good with a stick... the sales lady insisted. so she did. and stalled, lurched, bucked, and redlined her way around a church parking lot about half a dozen times.
    Man, someone is going to buy that car after your test drove it.

lol yeah she didn't do that bad really, couldn't have damaged the car. she never hit the rev limiter, and never ground a gear.. just nearly gave us some whiplash and stalled the car out several times
    Dave
    01 RS

The salesman at our local Subaru dealer wouldn't let me test drive a new WRX. Seemed to imply that they didn't encourage "joy rides". Mind you, I was 33 at the time, at the dealer with my wife, and driving our then-new Yukon. Not usually the demographic for a joyrider.

Years ago I was at a Ford dealership with a friend of mine who was looking at Probes. The salesman told us the Probe had a "32 valve V6". I said, "sure you don't mean 24 vales?" and he said he was sure it was 32 valves. He also said the new Mustang GTs had a system that transferred power to the front wheels if the rears lost traction. I asked him how that worked and he replied, "the power is transferred through the brakes". Honest story.
    2009 WRX 5Door- Silver
    2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 Crewmax
    1957 Willy's CJ3B, '73 Corvette Yellow

yea mistu dealers do suck when it comes to product knowledge. when i bought my evo the guy was spitting out all kinda bs.and to top it off we came in my wifes WRX. starts talking baout how fast it is and i should trade in my WRX..blah blah blah..anyway long story short they wanted 31 for the evo i got it out the door for 28.5
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    yep... No real knowledge of cars, even the cars he is selling. All he is taught to do is know basic "on paper" stats and learn to lie hoping that atleast 1 out of every 10 people he lies to will actually believe him and purchase the car.
    I would have stood there and broken down all the math and stats for him just to prove that guy wrong... I love doing that to salesmen... Granted, I know they have to make a living and all, but if you cant do it honestly, dont do it at all!

anyways, I sat in an Evo at the Chicago Auto Show that had leather Recaro's and they were phenominal!!!!!!!!!! It's just odd having such nice seats in a car and then looking at the rest of the interior

+1

Salesman are just freaking idiots.....I remember shopping for an STI in a big tent event sale...OMG. I know it is not the right place to shop for an STI (you never know) but these guys were to retarded....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

they're paid to sell cars, not to cite correct information.

HAHAHA thats like my 300 hp V6 engine in my WRX, idiots and liars, I was supposed to get a service agreement and the stock wheels, didnt get either, its probobly why I will never buy a Subaru again. That and the idiot salesman that I had to correct ever 30 seconds about the car. 300 horse power, ehhhh... V6, ehhh... supercharged, ehhhh, 0-60 under 5 seconds, ehhhh...6 speed, ehhhh. The only thing he got right was all wheel drive for gods sake. My brother and I go to dealerships alot and talk to salesmen, just to waste time and look at cars. Being in sales I get a kick out of some of the crap they try and pull. I feel bad when we get a good one that knows his stuff and could be helping a good customer. The good ones come up, ask you if you need help, ask for a test drive, then give the info while you drive the car. But when I get teh a$$ness thats when its fun. Like the ones that have done it forever are the ones that are complete A$$HOLES and look at you up and down then hand you their card as they walk away without asking you if you even need help. Those are the ones I follow around asking questions then try and sell them on the fact I need a car, its kinda fun cus they dont care get scared at the first question you ask and make an excuse to go do something else... I dont get it, I know some car salesmen, business is bad right now, I sell mattresses and I treat everyone through the door like my first and best customer, thats why I sell almost everyone. There are even people in this company who just sit at the desk and say hello, if you need any help let me know, then go back to their solitaire hand. Lazy people deserve to be shot! But anyways I hate car salesmen
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

Banned
    one time i was told a stock bugeye wrx had 300 hp. i then laughed at him and kicked him for that stupidly unhilarious joke.

I was lucky enough to have a salesman that talked the talk and walked the walk. In fact, I think he was more excited about me getting the car than I was. He co-drives in the Rally America Championship series.

It was a pleasant experience. Bloomington Acura Subaru, mans name is Scott Putnam, check his site out here:

http://www.subaru.net/
    2004 Java Black Pearl STI
    Shocks... Pegs... Lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by demolish
    one time i was told a stock bugeye wrx had 300 hp. i then laughed at him and kicked him for that stupidly unhilarious joke.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

VR4
    the salesman I bought my car from was awesome. took me on a test drive right away. Then we get to this intersection that looks like
    ------- ...............................--------
    Road \___/ crazy dips \___/ Road

from the side view and just as start slowing down to about 15mph or so, he tells me to floor it. So I'm like, What the hey!, and I nail it. I hit the intersection at about 50 and completely jumped the cement humps that are made for water drainage or whatever. THe wrx didn't bottom out, fun times buying a subie
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Black

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12