C6 vs my 2.5 cobb

This is a discussion on C6 vs my 2.5 cobb within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I finally raced my bossman's 05 C6 (z51 package) and a catback against mt cobb stg 2.5 (+ uppipe) ...

Banned

C6 vs my 2.5 cobb

Well I finally raced my bossman's 05 C6 (z51 package) and a catback against mt cobb stg 2.5 (+ uppipe) 5mt

At first we did a 65mph roll I put it in 3rd and smashed it.He barlely was pulling on me all through 3rd...I shifted into 4th and that's when things got nasty.

So we went to some back roads near US1 and I reved to 4k got a pretty decent launch and aquired almost a car length.Then I proceeded to shift in to 2nd,thats when he started pulling on me .by the top of 2nd his bumper was at my door.Then 3rd he was a car length on me.Now by the time I exited 3rd going into 4th he had 2 cars on me .So while I was in 4th I give it all that the REX had, he was about 3 car lengths on me.We raced 2 more times.Let me tell ya the top end in his ride is flat out nasty.That 6.0 liter really impressed me on the top end and it sounds mean as hell.So all in all I think my 2.0 liter did rather well against a 400hp corvette built for speed and truly is an American sports car icon.

I lost the race but I had fun even losing

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice run..c6 is hurtful. How do you like your 2.5 setup? I have the stage 2 and i need more power lol.

jared

i also dont mind losing to faster cars, at least you know how you sized up with him
    " I'm a bad man"

Banned
    going from stg2 to 2.5 definely has better mid topend than the stg 2.The stock turbo just died off at upper rpm where as the 34 has better pull on th mid top.Very fun but as you all know ,you get used to the power . I find myself looking for more worth while parts.Also I am waiting to see what stg 3 will be as far as power.I hope it's not like 15hp or something lame like that,especially that everybody with a cobb setup has been patiently waiting for the release

nice death....c6s are monsters....just wait for the c6 z06
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by xdriven2004
    going from stg2 to 2.5 definely has better mid topend than the stg 2.The stock turbo just died off at upper rpm where as the 34 has better pull on th mid top.Very fun but as you all know ,you get used to the power . I find myself looking for more worth while parts.Also I am waiting to see what stg 3 will be as far as power.I hope it's not like 15hp or something lame like that,especially that everybody with a cobb setup has been patiently waiting for the release
    Will Cobb be making a stage 3? What manufactur are you running 2.5 with? I thought Cobb only had 1 and 2. Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxRick
    Will Cobb be making a stage 3? What manufactur are you running 2.5 with? I thought Cobb only had 1 and 2. Thanks
    The Stage 2.5 is Cobb. It's an upgraded turbo stage. I think they were coming out with Stage 3, but I haven't heard anything.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

nice death!

the C6 is one hell of a fine automobile... just an amazing performance bargain
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Don't feel bad, Sounds like you put up a good fight.
    LS1, LS2,LS6 motors are made for top end. I know a guy that raced a stock STi in a stock 05 GTO (same engine + 500 lbs) and he pulled extremely hard (many car lengths) on the STi from 100 - 140 mph. So I can only imagine what a C6 would do.

What does your car run in the 1/4 mile? I sounds like its running really good.

Banned
    I don't know what times I'm puttin out .The closest track is 1/8 mile track.I have yet to even go..All I know is that I need more mods!!!!!!!!!!!

Humm

What is your whp & ft/lbs & weight?
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph