my 05 STi Vs 350Z MPpd Police car - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on my 05 STi Vs 350Z MPpd Police car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wow, stock to modded and pulled decently . . nice kill...

wow, stock to modded and pulled decently . . nice kill

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DJopteron
    It seemed the other way around not sure, IMO I had a bad launch so I had to make up the ground but it seems the higher the gear and speed it seemed that I was gaining more and more ground offa the 350, and at the end I was almost 2car lengths ahead, so I think if it was a 1/4 mile race I would have beaten him worse... But thats just how it seemed from the drivers seat, I think the turbo would have kept the torque at high end vs the na 6... what do you think?
    yeah, but but the thing is that your STi has a catback.. If you are PHENOMINAL driver you are only picking up a 13.0@105mph... Judging from that launch you would have probably run a 13.6@103mph or so... A 350Z properly driven with those mods (intake, headers, exhaust) is good for a mid 13 (13.3-13.8) depending on driver.. most likely we will say a 13.6, but they trap about 100/101mph stock.. With those mods there he should be trapping about 103mph if not a bit higher... I am not saying he would have passed you, but in a 1/4mile run it is almost for certain he would have stopped you from pulling, and more than likely started to make up ground before the end of the 1/4.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

my friend with intake and headers cant stop my pull at any speeds (350z) back when i was stock. Now he has no chance anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    my friend with intake and headers cant stop my pull at any speeds (350z) back when i was stock. Now he has no chance anywhere.
    what speeds?
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    what speeds?

any speed he wanted we went, i wouldnt stop pulling. We did everything from 1st gear roll at like 15mph..2nd gear at 30..even 3rd at 30mph thinking his na would do better but it only helped me with all my torque..did 50mph rolls till around 110 on an empty highway coming back from a drag strip and i still pulled and kept pulling. Most of the races i even had more heads in my car. Now i'm not saying this will always happen, i do realize a lot of people expirience close races off a roll with a z with sti's. Maybe something is just wrong with his car?? he thinks my car is quicker than other stock sti's were. Were gonna find him another stock sti to race to find out.

edit: i forgot...45 mph roll me in 3rd gear him in 2nd...he hopped half a car than i went by him and pulled easily (but at this point i had accessport stage 1)

any speed he wanted we went, i wouldnt stop pulling. We did everything from 1st gear roll at like 15mph..2nd gear at 30..even 3rd at 30mph thinking his na would do better but it only helped me with all my torque..did 50mph rolls till around 110 on an empty highway coming back from a drag strip and i still pulled and kept pulling. Most of the races i even had more heads in my car. Now i'm not saying this will always happen, i do realize a lot of people expirience close races off a roll with a z with sti's. Maybe something is just wrong with his car?? he thinks my car is quicker than other stock sti's were. Were gonna find him another stock sti to race to find out.

edit: i forgot...45 mph roll me in 3rd gear him in 2nd...he hopped half a car than i went by him and pulled easily (but at this point i had accessport stage 1)
    when you say "just kept pulling and pulling" does that mean like 1-2 car lengths before shutting down or like 3-4 before shutting down??
    Its odd that you would put 3-4 cars on a 350 while rolling. They trap about 100/101mph and with intake, header, exhaust you are atleast looking at 102/103traps... ATLEAST. So that should be keeping up with a stock STi pretty well I would think
    Just call me Clark Kent

i would pull enough where he would be very discouraged and stop. First race ever was 2nd gear roll around 30 with 4 heads in my car and two in his. i pulled a good 3 cars and he stopped. He only has intake and headers, no exhaust. 1st gear roll his right there till we shift, he spins i jump a car and than i just keep pulling. But like i said, he thinks something is wrong w/his car. I'd really like to try with another 350z. Just havent found one to race around here.

i would pull enough where he would be very discouraged and stop. First race ever was 2nd gear roll around 30 with 4 heads in my car and two in his. i pulled a good 3 cars and he stopped. He only has intake and headers, no exhaust. 1st gear roll his right there till we shift, he spins i jump a car and than i just keep pulling. But like i said, he thinks something is wrong w/his car. I'd really like to try with another 350z. Just havent found one to race around here.
    yeah, that just does not sound right...... N/A mods dont do a whole lot to a Z, but intake, exhaust, header are good enough to pick up a few tenths in the 1/4 and 1 to 2 mph on the trap... Considering they trap 100/101 stock and those mods should give a good 102/103mph trap and STi traps about 103/105 I dont see how you could pull him that badly. Not saying you should have lost or anything, but saying I would not have expected you to pull more than 1 or 2 cars TOPS on him...
    I wish you were not stageII.... I would like to see what would happen with a another Z... I am interested now.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DJopteron
    I did have a bad launch.... my 60feet was 2.202. I have had a 300zx TT, and a honda civic si hatchback turbo, so im still getitng used to the AWD launchs, just a little differnt but im getting better

My 1/8mile 9.280 @77mph
    350z Police 1/8mile 9.648 @72mph
    yeah, you need more track time, practice helps tons. i'd feel comfortable running from that cop z.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    yeah, that just does not sound right...... N/A mods dont do a whole lot to a Z, but intake, exhaust, header are good enough to pick up a few tenths in the 1/4 and 1 to 2 mph on the trap... Considering they trap 100/101 stock and those mods should give a good 102/103mph trap and STi traps about 103/105 I dont see how you could pull him that badly. Not saying you should have lost or anything, but saying I would not have expected you to pull more than 1 or 2 cars TOPS on him...
    I wish you were not stageII.... I would like to see what would happen with a another Z... I am interested now.
    yeah me 2. I was trying to run that die die guy but than i'm not stock anymore. I have a couple of friends with stock sti's. We're gonna see how they do against him. Its weird tho, i race my brothers wrx 2nd gear roll 40mph and he keeps up better than when we race 40mph roll with me in 3rd and him in 2nd. At 40mph i'm almost at 4k rpm just under. I guess all that torque helps, plus i dont need to shift as much.

i want to be a cop in monteray park, they have a pretty nice wrx also

dude that was pretty cool and keep on beating cop cars

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12