WRX VS Every thing in the world

This is a discussion on WRX VS Every thing in the world within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I tell you what. After another close incedent tonight, I'm totally convinced that my video game skills are paying off. ...

WRX VS Every thing in the world

I tell you what. After another close incedent tonight, I'm totally convinced that my video game skills are paying off. I've saved my own ass so many times with some almost instinctively swift move at just the right instant. Tonight I was going down the final straight before my neighborhood which is booney woods back country fun. I come around a turn and get up to about 80 when I see a little brown creature hopping up to the road. I think to myself "is that a deer?" and then "oh **** he's in the road!". By this time he's about 5 car lengths in front of me and I'm going 80mph. I ease my brakes to give him just long enough to do the always imminent "Headlight Freeze kamakazi attack" that deer are so famous for. As soon as he stops and looks at me, I'm able to cut over and squeeze between him and the edge of the road which drops off into a ditch on that side. By this point I was going about 70mph. I'm sure if I would have reacted like any other normal run of the mill driver I would have left it up to my brakes to save the day, and I also would have been feeling the wrath of a 70 mph deer collision. I've found myself in situations like this so many times involving deer, other cars and oddly placed objects on the road way. All of these situations required raw skill and a cool head to get out unscathed. And I've avoided them all so far by being able to react without even thinking about what to do first. This is what video games have done for me and my life long struggle of avoiding everything in the world as I drive my car down the road.
    Orin's 2002 WRX Features.....
    Injen Cold Air Intake, M2 Up-Pipe, TurboXS Blow Off Valve, M2 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, M2 Up-pipe, Unichip (Tuned by Cobbtuning)
    VF30 Turbo, Walbro Fuel Pump, STI Fuel Injectors, 18" Konig Tantrums, Wings West Pro Wing, etc...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: WRX VS Every thing in the world

Originally posted by polkaband
    I tell you what. After another close incedent tonight, I'm totally convinced that my video game skills are paying off. I've saved my own ass so many times with some almost instinctively swift move at just the right instant. Tonight I was going down the final straight before my neighborhood which is booney woods back country fun. I come around a turn and get up to about 80 when I see a little brown creature hopping up to the road. I think to myself "is that a deer?" and then "oh **** he's in the road!". By this time he's about 5 car lengths in front of me and I'm going 80mph. I ease my brakes to give him just long enough to do the always imminent "Headlight Freeze kamakazi attack" that deer are so famous for. As soon as he stops and looks at me, I'm able to cut over and squeeze between him and the edge of the road which drops off into a ditch on that side. By this point I was going about 70mph. I'm sure if I would have reacted like any other normal run of the mill driver I would have left it up to my brakes to save the day, and I also would have been feeling the wrath of a 70 mph deer collision. I've found myself in situations like this so many times involving deer, other cars and oddly placed objects on the road way. All of these situations required raw skill and a cool head to get out unscathed. And I've avoided them all so far by being able to react without even thinking about what to do first. This is what video games have done for me and my life long struggle of avoiding everything in the world as I drive my car down the road.
    good thing you didnt hit the deer or else we would hear ur crash story. I won't go testing your theiry but as long as you believe in your driving skills then you'll be all set. w00t for your driving skills
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Banned

Re: WRX VS Every thing in the world

Video games = murder for me.
    I hit a squral - aww man, oh well *restart*

I Suck at racing games, i win by either raming the cars or scraping the edge so I dont have to turn.

IS that supposed to be "squarel" or what?
    Injen Cold Air Intake, M2 Up-Pipe, TurboXS Blow Off Valve, M2 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, M2 Up-pipe, Unichip (Tuned by Cobbtuning)
    VF30 Turbo, Walbro Fuel Pump, STI Fuel Injectors, 18" Konig Tantrums, Wings West Pro Wing, etc...

See, I can agree with you partially, but I NEVER swerve for any animals. I'd rather go head on with a deer at 80mph than swerve, catch a wheel on the side of the road, and go into a ditch at 80mph.

tcc -> has killed 2 deer and countless small animals

polkaband -- glad to hear you made it out of there okay I can see where you're coming from with this whole video game thing. It's because of video games that I knew how to drive my MT WRX from the dealership
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Polkaband,

Nicely done. I was out in te Z late last nite and a do (canine) ran in front of me. Fortunately te brake on te Z are so od tat I stopped like 10 feet in front of te silly beast and see te stupid expression on is face!

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Polkaband,

Nicely done. I was out in te Z late last nite and a do (canine) ran in front of me. Fortunately te brake on te Z are so od tat I stopped like 10 feet in front of te silly beast and see te stupid expression on is face!

-Jim
    Uh oh, Jim is typing "weird" again.

te huh?!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Hey, i see that my name says "moderator" at the bottom of it now. What's that mean?

Hey, i see that my name says "moderator" at the bottom of it now. What's that mean?
    Go to the main forum page and look at the column titled "moderater." Whichever one has your name is the one you moderate. That means that if some people are being ace hoes, you can edit them or delete their rude comments if necessary. You're basically a forum police officer

EDIT: I looked for you...it's the aftermarket vendor forum
    Last edited by WRXin'; 10-01-2002 at 09:32 PM.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!