What does a Sti need to take a E46 M3 from 65 mph roll
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on What does a Sti need to take a E46 M3 from 65 mph roll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Or what would it need at the wheels? I know they dyno stock 230-240 whp. Would 275-280 whp be enough? ...

What does a Sti need to take a E46 M3 from 65 mph roll

Or what would it need at the wheels?
    I know they dyno stock 230-240 whp.
    Would 275-280 whp be enough?
    Thanks..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome aboard. I'm no expert but i would say 280 whp should let you edge him out. I've seen STI's w/ turbo back exhaust and UTEC engine management put down 300 whp. Add to that a race gas map and youll be smiling. Both of those are expensive but a must for future modding. They will run ya around 2k.
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

turboback and tune will take an E46 no problem... I've seen it with my own eyes
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Thanks guys..

This forum looks awesome.. I have been on Nasioc for about 1 year now.
    Thanks again.

t
    Sti is no slouch, so turboback and EM maybe, if you can drive that helps the most.

I keep hearing that awd is horrible from a roll

especially at high speeds..
    I read a whole bunch of threads on a M3 forum about how Evos and Sti's are weak from highway rolls.. is it really that bad? I know we lose 20 % drive trains loss but I dunno..
    I guess putting the dccd setting all the way to the rear wil help from a roll no?
    35/65 split

Quote Originally Posted by zigger
    especially at high speeds..
    I read a whole bunch of threads on a M3 forum about how Evos and Sti's are weak from highway rolls.. is it really that bad? I know we lose 20 % drive trains loss but I dunno..
    I guess putting the dccd setting all the way to the rear wil help from a roll no?
    35/65 split
    An E46 M3 will edge out stock STi's and stock Evo's. Minor upgrades and we rape them.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

the e46 stock dynos at around 270-280whp stock. They do have 333hp stock. Even if you get around 270-280whp on your sti, the m3 will still start to pull up top. RWD, v6 engine... its a quite fast machine up top. I think turboback and ecu will help a lot, but i think the m3 will start to eventually pull again up top, imo. I think you should race m3's from a stop and let it see your tails all the way till the finish line.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

it all depends on who that m3 driver is...65mph you in top of 3rd gear and your not using any of your torque, i know my friend with m3 races 60mph roll and his in 2nd. They are just two different cars. If the m3 actually is in the same gear as you than with 280whp area you should be good. But of course most wont and they'll be in 2nd, you'll be in 3rd..good luck with that.

edit: my friend has a chip lets him rev higher so idk where regular m3 2nd gear ends at(suppossedly chip only eliminated governor and rev limiter.supposedly no performance gains)

TBE and EM will be more than enough
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Okay..

so if the M3 is in 2cnd I the sti in 3rd the M3 will have the edge? The Sti is lighter than the m3 by 200 lbs too..

so if the M3 is in 2cnd I the sti in 3rd the M3 will have the edge? The Sti is lighter than the m3 by 200 lbs too..

sti 3rd gear runs out at 78mph so you'll soon be in 4th and m3 will be in its glory in 3rd. Your also gonna be at VERY VERY high revs with your sti so you will not be using your torque at all. And people even shift early with sti's cause it falls better in torque range. I'm not saying u wont win, i'm just saying speeds and gears will matter A LOT.

wow..

so many Technicalities in racing.

bro just go do it, get it on tape and lets see what happens. I'd like to see this, i wanna see how i'll do against my friends m3.

so many Technicalities in racing.
    there is, if you WANT to get technical... but best way to get an answer to a question like this is to just go and race.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast