What does a Sti need to take a E46 M3 from 65 mph roll - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on What does a Sti need to take a E46 M3 from 65 mph roll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ^^^ why is that? Why are 2.0 engines hitting 11's on the vf39 and not the STi's with 2.5l? Just ...

^^^ why is that? Why are 2.0 engines hitting 11's on the vf39 and not the STi's with 2.5l?

Just the amount of time the 2.0 has been around?
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    ^^^ why is that? Why are 2.0 engines hitting 11's on the vf39 and not the STi's with 2.5l?

Just the amount of time the 2.0 has been around?
    cause its more efficient on a 2.0. They get power all the way till 7k. With a stage 2 sti after 6krpm its useless. That turbo is just way too small for a 2.5liter. Try this with your cobb stage 2 if you want. 40mph roll against a car in 2nd gear, than 40mph roll against a guy in 2nd gear this time you in 3rd. You'll be surprised at the results.

well let me ruin those results. I race my brothers 05 wrx with downpipe and custom exhaust up till stock catback. bot of us in 2nd he hangs around better. I'm at such a high rpm i dont use my torque. me in 3rd and him in 2nd i pull on him MUCH harder, many more car lenghts. I actually use my torque that way. Racing off a roll with a stock turbo sti sucks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234