BMW Z3 goes down to a stg2 WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on BMW Z3 goes down to a stg2 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way home from work tonight I pull up to a light on a 2 lane road (River road ...

BMW Z3 goes down to a stg2 WRX

On my way home from work tonight I pull up to a light on a 2 lane road (River road under the Crossvally for anyone near me) that becomes a single lane road about 300 feet down from the light. Along side me pulls up a Z3 (looked/sounded stock) and starts revving on me. I look over and the guy has this cocky grin on his face (and I was in a pissy mood from work and just wanted to punch him in it). I just looked over and rolled down my back window(car seat in the back) and said "Do you really want to tell you friends you got smoked by a 4 door sedan with a child seat in the back?" and the guy just laughed at me, like really laughing hard.

I was a little worried that I was about to eat my words cause I know these cars can be made fast as hell but stock they aren't much. Plus we were only going 300 feet anyways. So I tack the car up and waited for the light which seemed like forever and a day then slipped the clutch and had a great launch. I could hear him spinning the tires a little (more then a chirp but less then a burnout) and thats all I saw/heard. By the time the lanes merged I had atleast 4 cars on him. It was a good thing we were right around the corner from the hospital cause after that launch my neck hurt ( ).

Now if this guy had just pulled up next to me and got on it to get in front of me I would have let him but he had to be a d*ck about it and got smoked hard by a baby carrier. I gotta admit my mood changed after that. I was still pissy but I was pissy with a smile on my face.

Anyways that was my 1st race against a car that could keep up or beat me. Other then that it's been all ricers..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha I love putting people in their place sometimes. And that is always a great mood enhancer.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Nice kill. Do you know what model it was. 2.5, 2.8, 3.0. Probably not since it sounds like you crushed him royally but just curious. Watch out for the z roadster/coupe though. they are pretty nasty.
    04 WRX Stage 2
    SPT Cat Back
    Short throw
    18in RH evolutions
    Turboxs RFL BOV
    HKS Shorty d/p with 3rd cat eliminator
    Invidia u/p

any idea what model is was? 2.0, 2.4, 3.0 mcoupe? all but the m series are dog ass slow. esp the 2.0 i pulled a fender on one in my stock 150hp neon coupe like 4yrs ago lol. yeah it ran 15.8 stock *****es, what now.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Newbysuby
    Nice kill. Do you know what model it was. 2.5, 2.8, 3.0. Probably not since it sounds like you crushed him royally but just curious. Watch out for the z roadster/coupe though. they are pretty nasty.
    Yeah it was the 3.0i, manual tranny.. Dark blue, rag top. Beautiful car and nice day to have the top down.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Yeah it was the 3.0i, manual tranny.. Dark blue, rag top. Beautiful car and nice day to have the top down.
    beautiful day to get smoked like a pack of kool's too, in his case.

t
    Nice kill, I guess...? That's what he gets for laughing at teh wrx ! At the end of the day he still drive a Z3 though

Quote Originally Posted by t
    Nice kill, I guess...? That's what he gets for laughing at teh wrx ! At the end of the day he still drive a Z3 though
    Actually the Z3 is really not that nice of a car. It is completely over-priced for what it is IMO...and for the price, the S2000 is a better buy in every feasible way. BMW made a very good decision by upgrading to the Z4. The Z4 3.0 on the otherhand is a bad ass car!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    DTR rex: Actually the Z3 is really not that nice of a car. It is completely over-priced for what it is IMO...and for the price, the S2000 is a better buy in every feasible way. BMW made a very good decision by upgrading to the Z4. The Z4 3.0 on the otherhand is a bad ass car!
    I completely agree with you, but the z3 M edition is sick. I wish they would do that with the z4.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    I completely agree with you, but the z3 M edition is sick. I wish they would do that with the z4.
    Uncle Lewie
    The M Roadster is frightening... 'specially the 300hp ones....

Too much motor for the chassis... handling?
    I couldn't describe why, though... just doesn't feel stable... maybe it gets better with mods?
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    Uncle Lewie
    Well yeah, the M-coupe and M-roadster are completely different animals
    Just call me Clark Kent

My uncle has the M roadster... he has the lower hp version... but that thing still has some nice pick up. I remember when he first got it and he let me go on a test drive... wow... power in every gear in at any rpm. It felt so much better than my cool little b16 hatch

I wonder how it compares to my stg2 wrx though... I'm sure it will still pull from a roll but from a stop I'm sure I could hold him off.

I had a Z3 before my rex. It didn't like having a "sports car" that was so slow (I had the 1.9 )---everyone would want to race too. It's alot more fun to line up next to people in a stage 4 "family sedan". I don't have anything against BMW's, I'm actually a fan, and my dream car is an M3...I just found that Z3 owners' tend to be in a different crowd. It was fun having a convertable, and the comforts of a BMW, but driving a go-cart on the interstate gets old and it's useless in the snow. Fun car, but not too practical as an only car. Also, there's no way I would have ever reved my 1.9L at ANY WRX

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice kill
    I thought you left.....

go back home!
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast