COBB 2 Vs. NSX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on COBB 2 Vs. NSX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ran into an older NSX last Friday. He had a passenger (GF, for sure) and I had my roommate. We ...

J-H

COBB 2 Vs. NSX

Ran into an older NSX last Friday. He had a passenger (GF, for sure) and I had my roommate. We went from a 35mph-95mph roll. The race started as soon as we came out of a LONG sweeping turn.

My roommate said that he was gaining, I say we were even

In any case, 3rd gear did a great job. I am sure that after 95 his GF gave him the "stop or you are not gonna have any tonight" line.....from then on we just cruised...

Good run though...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds fair enough, especially w/an older model.

haha that would've been cool to bring it to a top-speed contest.. NSXs (at least the newer ones) could hit 170mph top speed, about
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by lanevoell
    haha that would've been cool to bring it to a top-speed contest.. NSXs (at least the newer ones) could hit 170mph top speed, about
    Damn.

I wondered what it would take (and how much) to get my STi geared a little higher, like 200 mph. Aerodynamics might require 700hp though.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tgui
    Damn.

I wondered what it would take (and how much) to get my STi geared a little higher, like 200 mph. Aerodynamics might require 700hp though.. lol
    Prob rip your hoodscoop off

The first highway race I did my old Saab 1992 9000T was against and NSX. The saab was stock at the time and made 200hp at 5krpm and max 244tq starting at 2krpm. It was a 5 spd with very short gears that topped out in 5th at 144mph(redline). I had three passengers and luggage and I happened across an older NSX with just the driver, who probably weighed 300lbs.

I started messing with the guy, going next to him and taking off and the like. After about 5 minutes he decided to play...he would let me get ahead a bit and then nail it to try to fly past me. AS he got close to really me in I'd drop it to fourth (~80mph) and floor it. He'd get to my door and just stay there, unable to grab any more ground. We did this several times before he got pissed and just kept going well after I shut down around 120.

I saw him later in traffic and he had some awful ugly huge chrome rims. I always assumed it was an automatic as they only make 250 at the crank anyway, but even the manuals are not the great 'drag' cars.
    Saab 9-2x Black; EcuTek Tuned, Maddad TBE, STi muffler, KB Shifter&Bushings,STi Suspension,Silencer Delete, K&N, SSR Comps w/ BFG KDW's, JDM STi Intercooler, Noltec Alignment Plates, 20MM RSB, blah, blah, blah

nick kill if you beat him. and it sucks to say that they only run a 13.7 in the 1320.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Nah, it was Colonel Mustard, using teh shockAr in teh bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by nvmywrx
    nick kill if you beat him. and it sucks to say that they only run a 13.7 in the 1320.

atleast they look good doing it

NSX's are nice cars and all, but performance-wise, they dont impress me($90,000 )

t
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid117
    NSX's are nice cars and all, but performance-wise, they dont impress me($90,000 )
    +1

+2

I agree that they are lackluster in power for a 90,000 auto, but they are an exotic with honda reliability. I will seriously look into buying a used one in the future.
    Saab 9-2x Black; EcuTek Tuned, Maddad TBE, STi muffler, KB Shifter&Bushings,STi Suspension,Silencer Delete, K&N, SSR Comps w/ BFG KDW's, JDM STi Intercooler, Noltec Alignment Plates, 20MM RSB, blah, blah, blah

it doesnt impress you that they can hold their own against ferraris on the track?
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by happasaiyan
    it doesnt impress you that they can hold their own against ferraris on the track?
    This thread is focusing on straight line performance.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.