why do you mod your car? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on why do you mod your car? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You know, they DO make a twin turbo kit for the V6 mustang. Incon i think. Something like 400hp. But ...

You know, they DO make a twin turbo kit for the V6 mustang. Incon i think. Something like 400hp. But i dont think the Auto will take it. I used to have a 3.8 in my Tbird, there is stuff out there, you just need to look. Much easier to just trade it in on something more moddable...enter the WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I rescpect you guys.
    But then you guys turn around and rag on someone who makes there car unique. With a loud paintjob, and stickers, and noise car with a big wing, and a ps2 in the dashboard, with TV's. You guys call it "rice"
    I thought you guys were down with uniqueness

Originally posted by WRX>MUSTANG
    I rescpect you guys.
    But then you guys turn around and rag on someone who makes there car unique. With a loud paintjob, and stickers, and noise car with a big wing, and a ps2 in the dashboard, with TV's. You guys call it "rice"
    I thought you guys were down with uniqueness
    you (not you personally, nick) have the right to rice out your car, and we have the right to make fun of it I think as a whole, the WRX modding community is more into gaining performance than looking fast. All of my money is going into performance as opposed to aesthics (although i have some stickers on my fender in an attempt to draw street races..)

I mod my WRX because i can, because i love tweaking things (i'm one of those DIY guys too), because it feels good to install a part properly and have it enhance your driving experience.

I also mod because i didn't get enough positive reinforcement as a kid and now i need to draw positive attention to myself so i can feel good. (thanks mom and dad)
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Originally posted by TbirdJayC
    You know, they DO make a twin turbo kit for the V6 mustang. Incon i think. Something like 400hp. But i dont think the Auto will take it. I used to have a 3.8 in my Tbird, there is stuff out there, you just need to look. Much easier to just trade it in on something more moddable...enter the WRX.
    yea, theres a turbo gt i believe in my area. i have no interest in modding the stang. I want the 4 doors. TRUST ME im trying to enter the WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Id wait until 2004 though...I was going to get an 02 when i heard they were thinking of changing the body style. When the 04's come out, the resale on the 01-03's is gonna go to ****. My friend got his 325 the year before they went to the newer rounder body, and the resale just plummeted. Now that its a definite that they are changing it, Id wait, but thats me.

When I went by the dealer today I saw a sonic yellow on their lot. So i stopped by later. I couldnt test drive yet, only 17. To be honest, I like the bug eyes. And im not going to wait till next august/september for the new models to come out. Also I wouldnt be buying a used one. The reason I do not want to wait is that my birthday, christmas and when I get admission information back from colleges. All in a small amount of time. When it comes time to buy the price isnt really going to be much of a matter. Of course Ill try to get it pretty loaded (armrest extension, OEM kit, short throw shifter, maybe a few other things but those are the big 3) but still only a few hundred over invoice.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I mod my car because I enjoy the process of doing the work myself and also enjoy the satisfaction I get when I get it to work. My father liked messing with the 65' mustang, we owned and he would take me along and show me whatever it was he was doing under the hood. My mother likes fast cars. It's one of those things that rubbed off on me, I guess.

I still have ALOT to learn and not enough resources to do what I want just yet but I know in time, I'll get the car to be just how I want it.

Also, I am a perfectionist. I must improve just about everything I come across.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

Why I('m going to) mod my car

I('m going to) mod my car for several important reasons

1) I hate being average

2) Seeing a '00 540i being driven like a RX-7 surprises people (right adam?), and I like that.

3) I like having the best or as close to it as I can get

4) I'd like to be able to keep up with my friends when we cruise;although I don't think I'll ever be able to keep up w/ josh . . . (::looks into Garrett AiResearch T04 turbocharger:: hmmm)

5) I like to win

The list goes on. I also like to know how things work, why they work and what I can do to improve them. It's fun to know that the camaro next to me may look fast, but I can still beat it.

- M a t t -
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

here goes...this may be long....be careful and i'll try to keep it short!
    in a nutshell i am an obsessive compulsive person.....self diagnosed!!!
    first when i was much younger it was drugs and drinking.....had to have it, all i ever thought about etc.......
    then in my twenties.....crossing over with the other two......women.......had to have them, all i ever thought about etc.
    as time wore on, my body became horrid......340 pounds......so next came fitness and weight loss......that was two years ago........my obsessiveness with this caused me to lose 160 pounds, quit drugging etc, and get down to 10% body fat............
    now comes my rex!! LOL, my midlife crisis car.......oh lord, i should have bought this thing YEARS ago!!!!!!! LMAO .......but thats it.......now i save and mod, save and mod, save and mod..........
    maybe not the most exciting reason,,,,,,,but as always with me........
    the truth......
    DML

What it all comes down to is I like making people feel like shi.t and completely worthless. I like having a faster car and I like winning races against Hondas that have several thousand dollars worth of work on them and watching them fade away in my rear-view mirror. Personally I enjoy showing other racers my tailights at 90mph.
    Last edited by The HomeliteXL; 10-02-2002 at 04:14 PM.
    <--GRAVEYARD SHIFT-->

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.