One Really Mean Evo.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on One Really Mean Evo.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ^^ I guess its all a matter of skills and how well you can drive your car regardless that it ...

^^ I guess its all a matter of skills and how well you can drive your car regardless that it has too much power.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CUBUFF
    Take it to the 1/4 mile track and put the Cobra's on slicks and say bye bye EVO. I good driver for the mustang with slicks can nail a 1.5 60' with that kind of power, and probably a mid/low 10 sec pass at sea level. My brother has a 600rwhp 670tq mustang that pulls 10.8 1/4 here at 5800ft so your looking at a very low or very high 9 second car at sea level, and maybe on the street the evo will win but at the track it would be much harder.

I will try to post dyno charts showing the power band difference from a car like this to a high powered domestic nitrous car. The mustang puts out 670 pounds at like 3400rpm

I mean I think it is cool to see cars with this power, but some people think it is the end all to fast cars. for comparison sake... and im not trying to start a import vs. domestic war but...

88 mustang $2000
    dart block $8,000
    heads $2500
    tranny $4500
    nitrous plate 2 stage system with 400 shot $800
    misc parts to make all the above work $4000

800+ rwhp and torque including car $20,000

offcourse this may be a broad statement and may not be that easy but it can be done. It has been done. Its different to see an import with awesome power beating up on domestics but dont think for a second that there are not street driven domestics in EVERY major town that will walk all over cars like this in a straight line race.

This rant comes after I saw an evo with the sticker saying "myevo8yourV8" which for some strange reason pissed me off.
    Man, don't make me bust out my CRX built b18b/ls vtec T3/T4 hybride and low 10 second runs at 5800' elevation but could easily run low 9's at sea level and I spent less then $20,000 to build including the car story. This is true by the way... Even in joking matters.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

[QUOTE=YBNormal07]Oh...wait...there's a turn up ahead....um...say bye-bye Cobra.[/QUOTE

Sure but these video's arent of road racing, autox, or whatever other racing that involves turning, it is.... straight line racing. So that argument doesnt hold up. I was simply explaining that different results may happen at the track with the cobra on slicks thats all, because they can hit 1.5 60' and no lag etc.. These races werent very good displays of either car drag racing.

As for a turbo CRX, I would really like to see that run a low 10 at bandi on a t3/t4, more power to the car if it can that would be sweet but, I still have my doubts. I have yet to see a CRX or any local import run a low 10 second 1/4 and still be a street car, I know there are shops with fast import race cars, thats not what im talking about im saying the drive the car to the track, run it and drive it home cars.

comparing cars with x amount of money could do this etc. was the wrong way to put it but.... 20k in any car is going to make it fast. These cobra's that he raced arent even close to being maxed out, and the cobra handles well, not a straight line racer only.

This EVO was built for straight line racing that is clear. You dont put a 35r and stroke your motor for taking it to the autox course on the weekends. This kid just seems to be a little cocky.

Im just saying for every fast 4cyl there is a faster higher displacment car. 20k into a new cobra and you will have close to 1200rwhp maybe more. I have a WRX I love it, I would love to have an EVO I would take one over any domestic, plus what Tim said, I think turbo 4cyl are cool and its fun to race V8's etc and beat them since they do tend to think less of these cars. But if I wanted a drag car I would look elsewhere, because other cars are plain and simply just faster mod for mod.

Lets end this argument though because there is no proving anyone wrong and I didnt mean for it to be like this and start arguments and get people upset. And ive pulled myself into the domestic vs. import argument or the no replacement for dispalcement argument (which there isnt ) so I will happily delete my post if no one else responds and people can PM me if you want to continue in a more private manner, (you can PM me and curse me to death and argue with me till your blue in the face hell ill even give you my number so you dont have to waste time and type)
    Last edited by CUBUFF; 05-01-2005 at 09:46 PM.
    2004 WRX completely stock! And becoming even more stock daily.

CUBUFF, I'm not here to start a fight. I'm just trying to get at that you bring what you got not this car can be faster for less money. I've done all the Honda drag racing many years ago. In fact, I know what WHP puts a civic or crx into the 10's and low 10's up here. PFI has always helped me putting my civics and crx's into the 10's. But I'm not here to brag about cars I don't even own anymore.
    There is always a faster car out there period. Since I have a family to tend to, I don't have time to build modified cars for drag racing anymore but having close to 350awhp/tq EVO is still nice. Again, not here to start a fight but just conversation. That's all.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

that thing is retarded. 12 second srt, and it made it look like it was standing still.

dR

Take it to the 1/4 mile track and put the Cobra's on slicks and say bye bye EVO. I good driver for the mustang with slicks can nail a 1.5 60' with that kind of power, and probably a mid/low 10 sec pass at sea level. My brother has a 600rwhp 670tq mustang that pulls 10.8 1/4 here at 5800ft so your looking at a very low or very high 9 second car at sea level, and maybe on the street the evo will win but at the track it would be much harder.

I will try to post dyno charts showing the power band difference from a car like this to a high powered domestic nitrous car. The mustang puts out 670 pounds at like 3400rpm

I mean I think it is cool to see cars with this power, but some people think it is the end all to fast cars. for comparison sake... and im not trying to start a import vs. domestic war but...

88 mustang $2000
    dart block $8,000
    heads $2500
    tranny $4500
    nitrous plate 2 stage system with 400 shot $800
    misc parts to make all the above work $4000

800+ rwhp and torque including car $20,000

offcourse this may be a broad statement and may not be that easy but it can be done. It has been done. Its different to see an import with awesome power beating up on domestics but dont think for a second that there are not street driven domestics in EVERY major town that will walk all over cars like this in a straight line race.

This rant comes after I saw an evo with the sticker saying "myevo8yourV8" which for some strange reason pissed me off.
    cubuff, keep this thread on topic. everyone's totally impressed with your knowledge, but this is a thread about a fast evo.

stay on topic.

dR

Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    cubuff, keep this thread on topic. everyone's totally impressed with your knowledge, but this is a thread about a fast evo.

stay on topic.

dR
    I was... The post you quoted I said, it may be different results with cobra's in response to what someone asked about the cobra's. Then I went on to post another response saying I was done and to take it to PM's, saying no more talk about x money into x car even after I brought it up etc... But everything was on topic about this "fast" evo.

Thanks for being impressed by my knowledge

And to Greddy, not mad not fighting. PSI has some fast cars, if I could just see one of them make it down the track I would be happy, it seems like whenever they make it out to bandi their cars never make it down the track. Last summer I saw their hatchback race preped car a few times and they had tuning problems with it both times.

Back on topic as dr has demanded.... fast evo... I heard the blue Cobra let out in 4th with cobra being at evo's rear fender and the evo continued into 5th with cobra no longer racing. So it looked a little more lopsided. None the less its a fast car.
    Last edited by CUBUFF; 05-01-2005 at 11:54 PM.

Back on topic as dr has demanded.... fast evo... I heard the blue Cobra let out in 4th with cobra being at evo's rear fender and the evo continued into 5th with cobra no longer racing. So it looked a little more lopsided. None the less its a fast car.
    That's true. The Cobra's were afraid to go into fifth, seriously. They shut down around 120mph. The owners said that it wouldn't have mattered though.

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolved
    That's true. The Cobra's were afraid to go into fifth, seriously. They shut down around 120mph. The owners said that it wouldn't have mattered though.
    No crap I dont like going that fast let alone in a mustang. As far as the power band being to steep for turns that's not true. You just have to be experienced enough to modulate your throttle and know how much to put down in the corner. Yes flooring it through the corner will break your tires loose, but you don't always have to floor it. BTW I do have experience, because I have the same turbo.

It's funny how people try to exaggerate the large turbos "bad" characteristics and make them look bad, but reality is so much different. This isn't your typical t67. It is way more responsive.

They have done track runs with big turboed evos and the higher powered evos pretty much always win. Now if you autocross it might be different, but I don't autocross.
    Last edited by fre; 05-02-2005 at 08:04 PM.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved
    I guess the bolt on cobra kept up better than the kenny bell cobra. Had they continued into 5th the evo would have kept on walking but, it wasnt the pass like standing still race people are describing. They did let out and the evo kept at it.

The evo I found out is running a upgraded limited slip and a race tranny (I dont know if its a dog box or what) but that has to be expensive. This is a really impresive car the more I read on it. Is it the same make up as far as parts go as the AMS low low 10 high 9 second car?

Quote Originally Posted by broke
    New best at the 1/8th lastnight on the 75 shot. For those of you who are not good with 1/4 mile conversions. This would of been a 10.5-10.6 @ 132-134mph.
    1.52 60ft on stock IRS, possibly the quickest 60ft ever on stock halfshafts in the 03 Cobra world, and one of the quickest mph for an eaton/n20 combo with full interior.

The car is finally running good. There was small bit of space under the wheels too.

http://www.srvidz.com/allentrack.wmv
    Thanks to SRVIDZ.com
    Owner of the blue cobra is a friend of mine. Thats a quote he posted on a local forum just to let you know what he can do on the 1/4. That evo is just nasty....
    04 WRX
    14.1@94 Mods: TBE 90octane

Quote Originally Posted by Psylas
    Owner of the blue cobra is a friend of mine. Thats a quote he posted on a local forum just to let you know what he can do on the 1/4. That evo is just nasty....
    Did he race that evo with the 75 shot? Also that is an awesome 60' like I said it would probably be different at the track. But I found out that the evo has a upgraded tranny and lsd so he may be able to hit a low 60' also. I would really like to see a race at the drag strip between these two cars just to see the difference between highway and 1/4 mile.

Did he race that evo with the 75 shot?
    Yes he was running the 75shot.
    04 WRX
    14.1@94 Mods: TBE 90octane

ROCK! that is one fast as$ evo
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123