One Really Mean Evo.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on One Really Mean Evo.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 20k doesn't go as far as you think when you start getting into those serious power numbers, because there are ...

fre
    20k doesn't go as far as you think when you start getting into those serious power numbers, because there are a lot of hidden costs in upgrading things you wouldnt think of.

All I need now is a built engine, intake manifold and stand alone engine management then I can crank my boost to 35psi too. I will stick with 26 for now That way I can still use the unleaded gas and the user friendly stock ecu.
    Last edited by fre; 04-26-2005 at 08:21 PM.
    11.1 @ 131

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    That thing is quick but many thats alot of money to blow on a car. What a new EVO cost? $35? Plus another $20k on top of that. $55k would be two cars in my family.

if you pay 35k for a EVO you got ripped like a sheet of paper.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

I Support ClubWRX
    Jesus...I can only imagine what that feels like to have so much on tap.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Novtec1
    if you pay 35k for a EVO you got ripped like a sheet of paper.
    Well I don't know the cost thus why I asked and out ??? after the price.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Jesus...I can only imagine what that feels like to have so much on tap.
    Driving an 800whp GTR-33 and a 780whp Cobra was quite the difference, Below boost the skyline handled fine just like any car, with the big ass ATP Garrret Turbo kit the R-33 didnt spool until around 4k revs. SO when parking and reversing and driving typically, it wasn't that bad at all, just like any normal car but the Cobra, had all the power on tap, since it was a supercharged motor. The thing fishtails whenever you tap the gas and peels out everytime you go off a stop light. Now parking that thing I could only imagine is a total PITA.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

There is a new video out of this EVO. It is against 600whp+ cobras.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

yep, I think there are two threads in the vid forum going on about it right now.

2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

I Support ClubWRX
    god...that thing is just sick
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Damn! How can he smoke those Cobras on a roll....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    It's called a lot of power
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Take it to the 1/4 mile track and put the Cobra's on slicks and say bye bye EVO. I good driver for the mustang with slicks can nail a 1.5 60' with that kind of power, and probably a mid/low 10 sec pass at sea level. My brother has a 600rwhp 670tq mustang that pulls 10.8 1/4 here at 5800ft so your looking at a very low or very high 9 second car at sea level, and maybe on the street the evo will win but at the track it would be much harder.

I will try to post dyno charts showing the power band difference from a car like this to a high powered domestic nitrous car. The mustang puts out 670 pounds at like 3400rpm

I mean I think it is cool to see cars with this power, but some people think it is the end all to fast cars. for comparison sake... and im not trying to start a import vs. domestic war but...

88 mustang $2000
    dart block $8,000
    heads $2500
    tranny $4500
    nitrous plate 2 stage system with 400 shot $800
    misc parts to make all the above work $4000

800+ rwhp and torque including car $20,000

offcourse this may be a broad statement and may not be that easy but it can be done. It has been done. Its different to see an import with awesome power beating up on domestics but dont think for a second that there are not street driven domestics in EVERY major town that will walk all over cars like this in a straight line race.

This rant comes after I saw an evo with the sticker saying "myevo8yourV8" which for some strange reason pissed me off.
    2004 WRX completely stock! And becoming even more stock daily.

Quote Originally Posted by CUBUFF
    Take it to the 1/4 mile track and put the Cobra's on slicks and say bye bye EVO. I good driver for the mustang with slicks can nail a 1.5 60' with that kind of power, and probably a mid/low 10 sec pass at sea level. My brother has a 600rwhp 670tq mustang that pulls 10.8 1/4 here at 5800ft so your looking at a very low or very high 9 second car at sea level, and maybe on the street the evo will win but at the track it would be much harder.

I will try to post dyno charts showing the power band difference from a car like this to a high powered domestic nitrous car. The mustang puts out 670 pounds at like 3400rpm

I mean I think it is cool to see cars with this power, but some people think it is the end all to fast cars. for comparison sake... and im not trying to start a import vs. domestic war but...

88 mustang $2000
    dart block $8,000
    heads $2500
    tranny $4500
    nitrous plate 2 stage system with 400 shot $800
    misc parts to make all the above work $4000

800+ rwhp and torque including car $20,000

offcourse this may be a broad statement and may not be that easy but it can be done. It has been done. Its different to see an import with awesome power beating up on domestics but dont think for a second that there are not street driven domestics in EVERY major town that will walk all over cars like this in a straight line race.

This rant comes after I saw an evo with the sticker saying "myevo8yourV8" which for some strange reason pissed me off.
    You race with what you have. Forget about all the "well if the cobra had this" or "I can build a car for cheaper" argument. These cars raced with what they had and that was the results.

So for $20k you can build a single purpose car, so what. Are you going to daily drive it? Will it be a track(road course) car as well?

Don't take this post the wrong way but I can't stand that "I could build this car for less" mentality.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CUBUFF
    Take it to the 1/4 mile track and put the Cobra's on slicks and say bye bye EVO. .
    Oh...wait...there's a turn up ahead....um...say bye-bye Cobra.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

not to be a **** and piss off all the people who love the handling of the evo and WRX, but honestly....do you think your corner exit is going to be worth crap with the lag/powerband that turbo produces? I mean....jesus, you had better know how to recover from an AWD drift when that turbo hits because it'll break your tires loose like nothing. When you build a car like that for highway/drag purposes the imbalance of power totally hoses up the handling arguement since the whole idea of an AWD car is to pull out of a corner faster, and if it's going to light all 4 up in 3rd gear doing that, then I'm not 100% sure there is a huge advantage.

That being said, I'd take an AWD 4 banger import over domestic any day because I think it's cool to beat people like that, since there is no bigger crowd of sh!t talkers that Cobra owners.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast