RSX and Focus SVT kills!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on RSX and Focus SVT kills! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Going down kent kangley last night after driving 2 hours home from the girlfriends, I end up at a stop ...

RSX and Focus SVT kills!

Going down kent kangley last night after driving 2 hours home from the girlfriends, I end up at a stop light with a modified RSX. Now, its raining outside and the roads are pretty slick, so Im not looking for a race, just heading out to meet some friends for a night of drinking. The driver of the RSX is to my right, and motions for me to roll down my window. I do, and he smiles, and asks how it would feel to get smoked by a fine acura like his. I just sat there in awe, and rolled up my window shrugging it off. I couldnt keep from listening to his revs though, and said screw it myself, I don't want a bunch of RSX owners thinking they can beat the rex in the rain ><.

As the crosslight blinked the red hand, and the opposite lights began to change, I raised my revs up to 5k, let em vary a little between 4500 to 5500 and got the best launch I ever have int he rain. Slight clutch slip, and I got a little all wheel slip and then just pure traction. I was out a bus length immediately and decided I might as well not push it, never know a police officer could be. The acura flew by me, and took the next turn, hopefully I hurt his ego.

Next race was actually a friend of mine. Heading back to drop off my car going about 60, I drop to 4th and he drops gear. I hit it a little after him, knowing Im in the wrong gear I get a little lag, but then begin to pull....hard. I let off about 4 car lengths in front by 100 to 110 or so and we then ended up at a stop light together. I biffed the launch slightly as I had to pull off the clutch because I just about dumped it and scared myself, but still put about 2 cars as he got some good spin off his tires. The race was over quickly as the road merged and I put a few more cars on him.

Overall my greatest night to date. It was all in the rain too which only boosts my confidence in the AWD that much more!
    Last edited by Ceyvme; 04-24-2005 at 08:46 PM.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyvme
    Going down kent kangley last night after driving 2 hours home from the girlfriends, I end up at a stop light with a modified RSX. Now, its raining outside and the roads are pretty slick, so Im not looking for a race, just heading out to meet some friends for a night of drinking. The driver of the RSX is to my right, and motions for me to roll down my window. I do, and he smiles, and asks how it would feel to get smoked by a fine acura like his. I just sat there in awe, and rolled up my window shrugging it off. I couldnt keep from listening to his revs though, and said screw it myself, I don't want a bunch of RSX owners thinking they can beat the rex in the rain ><.

As the crosslight blinked the red hand, and the opposite lights began to change, I raised my revs up to 5k, let em vary a little between 4500 to 5500 and got the best launch I ever have int he rain. Slight clutch slip, and I got a little all wheel slip and then just pure traction. I was out a bus length immediately and decided I might as well not push it, never know a police officer could be. The acura flew by me, and took the next turn, hopefully I hurt his ego.

Next race was actually a friend of mine. Heading back to drop off my car going about 60, I drop to 4th and he drops gear. I hit it a little after him, knowing Im in the wrong gear I get a little lag, but then begin to pull....hard. I let off about 4 car lengths in front by 100 to 110 or so and we then ended up at a stop light together. I biffed the launch slightly as I had to pull off the clutch because I just about dumped it and scared myself, but still put about 2 cars as he got some good spin off his tires. The race was over quickly as the road merged and I put a few more cars on him.

Overall my greatest night to date. It was all in the rain too which only boosts my confidence in the AWD that much more!
    haha, smoked by a fine acura like his

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.