Evo Vs Sti Vs Ion Redline
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Evo Vs Sti Vs Ion Redline within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; check this out, what do you guys think of this http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1665...

Evo Vs Sti Vs Ion Redline

check this out, what do you guys think of this
    http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1665
    " I'm a bad man"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    We all know that a front-wheel drive Saturn can outlaunch an STi and Evo that are racing each other. Common sense.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

i dont think they were racing
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

i think the evo and sti launched at third gear, i especailly love the part when he says the sti driver was avoiding eye contact. i think in reality, the sti driver was just cruisin and he didnt even know the ion was there.
    Last edited by dviousboxer; 04-24-2005 at 01:03 AM.
    " I'm a bad man"

hahaha....and to see all the others on their commenting on his "good kill" ahh...I can see those Redline owners are going to provide plenty of entertainment.

When I was a young (very young) noob driving my '95 TSi I launched hard on a Ferrari and had him by about 2 car lengths. I thought I was the man! At the next light however, reality set in when he reved on me and proceeded to unleash a whoppin on me like no other in the history of street light racing. I guess he figured he couldn't let me get away with thinking I had owned him so he decided to waste about 2 gallons of gas to rip off probably a 4.4 second 0-60 launch.

In this case either the STi owner didnt feel like wasting gas on a Saturn or didn't know what the hell he was doing and botched the launch. Either way, this guy is smoking crack if he thinks he can go out and hang with the STi's of the world while stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dviousboxer
    check this out, what do you guys think of this
    http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1665
    I could not even take 2 pages of that....what a joke. Maybe if the guy was racing on his bike vs that saturn he might have done that but no way in a redline.....I think that even if you sat at the light and counted to 3 while the redline took off you could reel that car in without a launch, they aren't that fast.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Quote Originally Posted by VOLFAN
    When I was a young (very young) noob driving my '95 TSi I launched hard on a Ferrari and had him by about 2 car lengths. I thought I was the man! At the next light however, reality set in when he reved on me and proceeded to unleash a whoppin on me like no other in the history of street light racing. I guess he figured he couldn't let me get away with thinking I had owned him so he decided to waste about 2 gallons of gas to rip off probably a 4.4 second 0-60 launch.

In this case either the STi owner didnt feel like wasting gas on a Saturn or didn't know what the hell he was doing and botched the launch. Either way, this guy is smoking crack if he thinks he can go out and hang with the STi's of the world while stock.
    I know, there are soooo many times recently where slow azz cars come blowing by me and I don't even waste my time. Who knows what these people are thinking, I hope they are not out on their respective forums posting smack--- "yea man, I crushed this sti, he could not even hang" .....
    Just last week I had this highlander, YES a suv truck, come flying up on my azz while going to a dr's appointment. I was in the right lane as well so I have no idea why the guy decided he had to come flying up on me. So after riding my azz for 20-30 secs he cuts to the left and goes by. I just kept on crusing normally as there is a ton of traffic but after a while I start to see a pattern developing. Everytime the guy gets caught in behind me he makes an effort to dump it and cut me off. Again, with all the traffic I just let it go but it begins to get rather annoying (figured the guy was late for work or something). He slips up ahead and I forget about himn.
    A few minutes later I merge onto this 4 lane highway and get over to the left to go through the ezpass lanes (not knowing that this guy was over in the pay lanes). So I merge onto 495 (near Tysons for those in No VA) and am cruising at 60 in the right lane when all the sudden I see this black suv flying up rapidly (still in the merge lane). His lane is ending and now the guy decides he's going to pull one last cut-off as I am sitting there in 6th gear. He goes by and completely cuts me off (I mean almost hitting my right front with no signal or anything) so I drop it into 4th and in less than 1 sec I have completely reeled his slow p-o-s suv in and am now pissed and flipping him off and all. I mean, that the hell is this guys problem. When you piece it all together I realize the guy had some issue with my car for whatever reason and was destined to irritate me (which he did). The guy yanks to the right and gets off on Rt 7 and while separated by the barrier I am ragging at him and flipping him off but the pico would not look over. I
    ts crap like that which makes me crazy. I was just minding my own business driving and this guy felt he had to be a ****.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

your guys are being completely ridiculous and sorry to say.. but idiots

just because the STi lost means the race is BS and they were not racing
    Did you ever stop to think that maybe the STi driver was just a bad driver. What are the chances it was an 05' and he had the car for less than a few months and was not good at launching yet..... PRETTY GOOD.

On the first race he said NEITHER of the STi or Evo launched... and he (the redline) did. That is why he beat them off the line. He then said the Evo passed him at about 50mph and the STi was dead even with him at that point and then both cars passed him hard shortly after. The redline runs a 14.6 @98mph so its not a slow car, and if that car launched at WOT the whole way, it WILL take an Evo and STi til 50/60mph to catch up if they dont launch.
    On the second race, he said the Evo actually launched and put an immediate 3 cars on him by 50mph and the STi still DID NOT launch, but ended up passing him in higher speeds.

Obviously this story could be totally true. The STi driver didnt know how to launch and therefore didn't pass the redline until 60mph or so and when the evo didnt launch it didn't pass til 50mph but when it DID launch it put 3+ cars on him instantly.

You guys are not reading the whole story and being completely ignorant to what is going on. It makes us look bad as a community of enthusiests when you call BS like this without rationalizing the topic first
    Last edited by DTR rex; 04-24-2005 at 10:00 AM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX

OK, great. Why are you defending that guy's story? It doesn't count as beating somebody if they aren't racing or were just driving normally. I'd have a kill story every 10 minutes if those examples constituted a win. A Saturn Redline having multiple carlengths on an STi and Evo before they got through the intersection = Jap cars not racing, even if they decided to get on it a little bit later. That's like driving past a Porsche dealership and saying you took out their whole fleet...until one met up with you later and passed you. It's just not worth posting about.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

could have been a wrx with a sti wing too

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96

OK, great. Why are you defending that guy's story? It doesn't count as beating somebody if they aren't racing or were just driving normally. I'd have a kill story every 10 minutes if those examples constituted a win. A Saturn Redline having multiple carlengths on an STi and Evo before they got through the intersection = Jap cars not racing, even if they decided to get on it a little bit later. That's like driving past a Porsche dealership and saying you took out their whole fleet...until one met up with you later and passed you. It's just not worth posting about.
    Supposedly the first race niether the STi nor the Evo launched. Then they got on it and passed him... Second race, the Evo did launch and the STi did not because he apparentely does not know how. You cannot call BS on him. He never claimed anything but the truth.. He told what happened, what is so "bs" about his post
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Supposedly the first race niether the STi nor the Evo launched. Then they got on it and passed him... Second race, the Evo did launch and the STi did not because he apparentely does not know how. You cannot call BS on him. He never claimed anything but the truth.. He told what happened, what is so "bs" about his post
    In that case, I'm just going to post everything that happens on my daily commute, including the parked cars that I pass.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    In that case, I'm just going to post everything that happens on my daily commute, including the parked cars that I pass.
    that is ludicrous thinking and you know it

he never claimed a kill on either car.. he was simply posting his experience. Its not his fault the STi driver cant launch his car, and the second race between him and evo was competely legit.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

he never claimed a kill on either car.. he was simply posting his experience.
    And I'll post mine. I just won't make any official claims on the cars that I pass. Then I'll let people on other forums defend my story and apologize on my behalf for the lack of substantive information in my post.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

I drive and 05 STi, and theres no chance in hell that a saturn owner (even Redline) would ever take me (off the line, down the strip and to the finish). Even without proper launching technique, i can still get my STi to run low 13's bone stock (ran a 13.2 with a low drag launch 4K).

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast