Evo Vs Sti Vs Ion Redline - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Evo Vs Sti Vs Ion Redline within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; redlines don't trap any more than 97mph tops. I pulled on one from a roll with AP stage 1....

redlines don't trap any more than 97mph tops. I pulled on one from a roll with AP stage 1.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

when i herd that saturn was releasing a sportline/race vehichle i laughed. Isnt there whole moddo economical family car? I guess every auto manufacture is having to come out with some type of sport/raceline vehicle now to keep up with the overwelming demand.

And i thought SRT-4 were bad...actually they are! Peices of plastic on wheels, at least the redline is a much safer vehicle.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just because the STI and evo didnt launch, I dunno why this is BS?? I rarely launch my car with any urgency even when I do race. When you race slower cars, you don't really need to. I'm sure the evo and sti were perfectly fine with ripping past the redline @50mph. It's not like the redline won the race! And I don't have to tell anyone how much more powerful your car has to be to catch them from a car back when you're both going WOT. I believe the story... The redline launched hard and got a lead... The evo and sti have more power and blew by him by 50mph. I don't understand what the drama is about???
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

t
    Seriously, who cares? Not worth arguing about your not gonna remember it 3 hours from now. The Redline never won so whats the big fuss?

I am now on page 11, you should read it further... this SRT-4 guy joins under 3 different names and makes all sorts of bs, this is probably the most entertaing thing I have read since Harry Potter Seriously keep reading, its the stupidest thing ever.
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

lol you read harry potter.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    lol you read harry potter.
    i actually found myself reading it too. i was at my gf's house and it was in her bathroom. it was her lil brothers. so when i was looking for someting to read while i was doing my business, i ended up starting to read it.
    " I'm a bad man"

t
    nice cover up

Let this thread be a lesson to those who post about beating AMG driven Mercedes and Vettes with their WRXs. Just because YOU are racing doesnt mean the other driver is

t
    Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Let this thread be a lesson to those who post about beating AMG driven Mercedes and Vettes with their WRXs. Just because YOU are racing doesnt mean the other driver is
    The kid racing the AMG posted a video to back it up. 13sec....(forgot rest of username)'s car really is a vette slayer. Also, why would this be a lesson again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver04Sti
    I could not even take 2 pages of that....what a joke. Maybe if the guy was racing on his bike vs that saturn he might have done that but no way in a redline.....I think that even if you sat at the light and counted to 3 while the redline took off you could reel that car in without a launch, they aren't that fast.

that's not his bike, he's an internet story teller

Quote Originally Posted by t
    The kid racing the AMG posted a video to back it up. 13sec....(forgot rest of username)'s car really is a vette slayer. Also, why would this be a lesson again ?
    You mean that dumbass video where the guy in the Mercedes is filming the race with a camera while trying to drive? Thats the biggest bunch of **** I have ever seen You try to look down at a video camera and hold it straight while you drive and see how fast you go.

t
    Still besides the point, but - if you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    And I'll post mine. I just won't make any official claims on the cars that I pass. Then I'll let people on other forums defend my story and apologize on my behalf for the lack of substantive information in my post.
    dude, I am not going to argue back and forth about this... no offense Dave, you know I love you and all, but from your stance I am guessing you do not have very much experience with racing.

The STi decided not to launch, it is not his fault the driver cant launch. If you race a slower car, but still lose because you bogg the launch YOU STILL LOST. The STi was racing both times it seems, he just DID NOT KNOW HOW TO LAUNCH THE CAR. (dont take the caps as me yelling, but as a means of getting across more important aspects of my post).
    The first was probably not legit. He launched on 2 cars that didn't get to launch so he pulled.. the cars were faster and ended up making passing him about 50mph later. The second race both cars knew the race was on, the Evo driver launched on him and destroyed him (as he said) but the STi driver DID NOT launch, because either he didn't want to put the abuse on his car, or he didnt know how, but he was def. racing because he ended up passing the Redline, so obviously the STi driver was going full throttle from the line otherwise he would not have had the power to pass the Redline.

The Evo and STi are faster, no doubt. He never refuted that, he simply said that he beat an STi and Evo that didn't launch until 50mph where they passed him. He then said that the evo launched and wasted him, but the STi driver still did not launch and took until 60mph to pass him.

Its not an issue of which car is faster, its an issue of him beating the cars til 50mph because they did not launch, and him getting beaten by the evo when it did launch. You cant call BS on this... theres nothing to call bs on... he never mentioned it being a kill
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by 1WRXNFX
    when i herd that saturn was releasing a sportline/race vehichle i laughed. Isnt there whole moddo economical family car? I guess every auto manufacture is having to come out with some type of sport/raceline vehicle now to keep up with the overwelming demand.
    what do you think the wrx and STi is? They are merely beefed up versions of an econo car

I would not be so quick to judge the redline. It handles very well, has a nice interior, runs mid to high 14's and traps considerably higher than a stock wrx. Not to mention it costs a couple grand less. Give respect where respect is deserved. This econo car, turned sport sedan is not different than the idea behind the wrx.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.