STi vs. Two SS Nova's

This is a discussion on STi vs. Two SS Nova's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had an awesome run in yesterday. I got home from work and my girl was heading out to watch ...

STi vs. Two SS Nova's

I had an awesome run in yesterday. I got home from work and my girl was heading out to watch an old friends kid for the night so I changed and hit up Newark. Since it was nice I was expecting to at least get one race in. Well I came to a light and was waiting for it to turn green… just before it did 2, around 1965, Nova SS' drove by. They hit the stop light up ahead, and when my light went green I turned and lined up behind them. While at the light these two guys were yelling back and forth to each other about there cars because thier cars were so loud that you could barely hear anything. One SS was blue with racing stripes, the other was red. The red one had a decal on the back that showed Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbes) pissing on "IMPORTS", he also had another sticker that said "Im not speeding, Im qualifying". At this point, I knew these two were going to go at it when the light hit green, and I wanted to see how closesly I could hang with them.

So… light goes green and they light up the tires like you wouldn’t believe, traction marks left behind and they take off quick. I get a slow start because I don’t launch , but I slip the clutch a little and start taking chase. By the top of second/bottom of third I was on the both of them real hard, I actually had to stay slightly off the gas so I had more power I could have been putting down if necessary. The guy in the red and guy in blue are basically neck and neck but seems the red one is slightly quicker. We get to speeds at around 100 and the red takes a slight lead, but since there is only 2 lanes on this road I have no way of getting around them. I just stay on them the entire time so they know that they cant out run me.

They slow down to about 30mph, yell something back to each other then both floor it again at the same time. Again they couldn’t pull an inch on me, and I know I could have passed if there was an opening. They both kept looking in their rearview mirrors, in what I would guess, amazement, that I was still all over them. So we are coming up to another big intersection where we will all be able to line up and talk, but they yell something to each other again and both do u-turns.

Haha you wouldn’t believe the look that the guy in the red nova gave me doing his U-Turn, he was extremely pissed about the outcomes, especially that an IMPORT took all his fun away. All in all they were very fast nova's, I know they are capable of great things if enough work is put into them.

The blue one seemed to have traction issues in 2nd, so I have no idea how much power they could have been putting down.

Oh yea... I am COBB STAGE 2 with DP if you didnt know yet.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why is it when people lose they can't even give a thumbs up?

In any case, nice kill.

I dont know... but once I saw those stickers on his window I was crossing my fingers hoping I could stick it to them
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

lol

Dude the best thing to do is wave when they look in the rear view!
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice runs Patrick. Hey, did you know about the meet next week in Newark? Some pizza/bar place around the sears complex? Some dinky little road behind it? Can't remember the name but it's next thurs. eve.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Thanks guys... yea I didnt smile but I did have a HUGE grin on my face.

Where is the Sears complex? I will have to meet up!
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

I Support ClubWRX
    Over on Kirkland?? Across the street from the Nissan and Toyata dealerships. Got pep boys, Kmart in the middle, and sears on the other end.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I doubt they were pissed because you "could" have beat them, they were probably pissed because you were being a ass by staying at the same speed as them on their bumper.

If I was racing and I see someone on my ass, I certainly wouldn't like it....would you?

Yea, you probably could have taken both of them, thats cool, but keeping the same speed on their bumpers is NOT cool, it's dangerous and stupid.

Now, with that being said, and from what your statement says, I am not sure how far you were from their cars...maybe next time, let them race and then challenge the winner.

What you pulled is typical ricer crap.....

ok guys....go ahead ....Flame away
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by skullguy
    I doubt they were pissed because you "could" have beat them, they were probably pissed because you were being a ass by staying at the same speed as them on their bumper.

If I was racing and I see someone on my ass, I certainly wouldn't like it....would you?

Yea, you probably could have taken both of them, thats cool, but keeping the same speed on their bumpers is NOT cool, it's dangerous and stupid.

Now, with that being said, and from what your statement says, I am not sure how far you were from their cars...maybe next time, let them race and then challenge the winner.

How about a warning instead? If you have an opinion and wish to share it, please do so in a manner that doesn't attack another poster (ie...calling someone an "ass".)

BTW...two cars racing are going to be mad at someone else for staying close behind them? I sincerely doubt they were mad about anything other than his ability to keep up. And note...that is my opinion which anyone is welcome to object to it...in an objective manner, without attacking me personally. That's what we're all about here.

Thanks.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Quote Originally Posted by skullguy

Thanks Scott

Skull guy: You are wrong in thinking I was on their bumper, I didnt say anything about tailgating them. What I said was they never pulled an inch on me and I maintained the same distance and had power to boot the whole time. Why would I ride on their bumper at those speeds, would I want to wreck my car??? The entire time I was a very safe distance behind them incase I needed to brake.

Also, they looked back before they ran acting like they were going to show me up. They knew I was going to try and hang, so trust me when I say they were pissed that they couldnt lose me.

Do you own a Nova with a blue racing stripe?
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs