Raced a "B-16 Civic Turbo"
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a "B-16 Civic Turbo" within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok i was at the skate park today and there was a kid there and he asked if i had ...

Raced a "B-16 Civic Turbo"

Ok i was at the skate park today and there was a kid there and he asked if i had any mods done to my car. I told him that i had a couple and i asked if he had any. He said he had a b-16 motor swap with a T4 turbo and a ton of other stuff done to it. I was thinking cool, maybe its fast. So i asked him if i could see whats in his engine. He said no because he doesnt show anyone what he has. So i said ok. While we were walking to his car he asked if my car was an STI (comeon does my car look like an sti?) i said no and he said t hat he could keep up with one. So i asked the big question, do you wanna race? He said ok. So i told him we would go 40 and then race. He agreed and we were off. When we got to 40 i honked 3 times and we went. I pulled him harder than i have ever pulled anyone before. So i said ok maybe he didnt know. So we went a little further and did it again. Same outcome. So we made a u turn and started coming back down the hill and i started slow to let him catch up and he flew past me and then i sped up and blew by him. I got up to 110 in no time. So i was slowing down and he came up to me and rolled down his window and said his turbo hose came off. That right there told me that he is lying. So we parked and he shut his car off( if you race then you shouldnt turn your car off immediately..stupid a**) He opened his hood and there was no "B16 no turbo just an old beat up motor. He even tried to say that the turbo was hidden. I just laughed and left.

Sorry for the long post but i just thought everyone should know how stupid some people with hondas are.
    --04 Java Black Pearl--
    Injen RD 1200 Intake...soon to be gone.im not sure yet...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that is ridiculous.....at least you embarrased him. i hate it when people claim to be something they're not

lol

the turbo was hidden??? where? its usually right up in the friggin front under the exhaust manifold.

ricers
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

i would have b*tch slapped him just for being a dumbass
    " I'm a bad man"

HAHAHAHA I saw a video of a camaro that was decently pumped up (you could tell because he accelerated pretty hard) and he was going around where he lived racing imports which consisted of civics with kragens fart cans and the occasional Integra and what not. Later in the video the car is parked and someone asked him what he had done and he said "I have it twin turboed" they pop the hood and immidiately you see no fmic, smic, or tmic. As the guy is telling people about his engine he says "the turbos are underneath the engine hidden from view" I was like hahahahaha. Well later he comes up on a V6 stang with exhaust and some other stuff done and when the dude in the camaro tried to take him without even beeping the stang see's and immidiately steps on the gas a smokes him HAHAHAHA what a tool. When they stopped at a light he asks what the stang had and the guy said and he had exhaust and headers and while he is still talking the light turned green and the camaro guy took off when the other guy didn't even know the light turned and both the guys in the camaro started laughing and said "he just got owned" I was like whatever hahahaha . Sorry got a little off track but it was a similar thing and funny as hell.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper
    Later in the video the car is parked and someone asked him what he had done and he said "I have it twin turboed" they pop the hood and immidiately you see no fmic, smic, or tmic. As the guy is telling people about his engine he says "the turbos are underneath the engine hidden from view" I was like hahahahaha.

On twin turbo LS1 F-bodys, the turbos are under/behind the engine.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    On twin turbo LS1 F-bodys, the turbos are under/behind the engine.
    Yup.

source: http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/ls1/ls1.htm

I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoostCreep
    Hehe you beat me too it.. I was going to post the same photo..

Quote Originally Posted by RedlineWRX04
    Ok i was at the skate park today and there was a kid there and he asked if i had any mods done to my car. I told him that i had a couple and i asked if he had any. He said he had a b-16 motor swap with a T4 turbo and a ton of other stuff done to it. I was thinking cool, maybe its fast. So i asked him if i could see whats in his engine. He said no because he doesnt show anyone what he has. So i said ok. While we were walking to his car he asked if my car was an STI (comeon does my car look like an sti?) i said no and he said t hat he could keep up with one. So i asked the big question, do you wanna race? He said ok. So i told him we would go 40 and then race. He agreed and we were off. When we got to 40 i honked 3 times and we went. I pulled him harder than i have ever pulled anyone before. So i said ok maybe he didnt know. So we went a little further and did it again. Same outcome. So we made a u turn and started coming back down the hill and i started slow to let him catch up and he flew past me and then i sped up and blew by him. I got up to 110 in no time. So i was slowing down and he came up to me and rolled down his window and said his turbo hose came off. That right there told me that he is lying. So we parked and he shut his car off( if you race then you shouldnt turn your car off immediately..stupid a**) He opened his hood and there was no "B16 no turbo just an old beat up motor. He even tried to say that the turbo was hidden. I just laughed and left.

Sorry for the long post but i just thought everyone should know how stupid some people with hondas are.

what an idiot. You should have told him that if he was going be a biatch and lie and run you in a stock civic, you could have gone home and gotten your huffy bike from the shed
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

WRX
    I hate when my turbo hose pops off, or I run out of boost juice.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

funniest story ever...
    j/c, how old was teh kid?

J-H
    I'll save you the trouble.....

NICE KILL

Ok, back to this.....

What a freaking douche. When I know what the other guy has (form a previous run) I just pace him the whole time...I do not try to pull away of fall back...I just pace.....It's even better now cause I have my bike on top of my car 24/7

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoostCreep
    Really I didn't know that. Where is the ic? He still got owned by a V6 stang with exhaust, intake, and headers and was barely pulling on fart canned civics so I highly doubt it was an LS1.

EDIT: Nevermind I went to the web page you had up as well as searched for what the car and engine bay looked like and it was not an LS1. The car in the video had entirely to much room left in the engine bay and the engine looked old and nasty, not nice like that (not that what it looks like has anything to do with the engine itself but the engine didn't look anything like the LS1 on the web pages I saw).
    Last edited by TheReaper; 04-21-2005 at 03:51 PM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGSKY
    funniest story ever...
    j/c, how old was teh kid?
    He was around my age..19 or 20
    --04 Java Black Pearl--
    Injen RD 1200 Intake...soon to be gone.im not sure yet...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.