WRX Roadkill

This is a discussion on WRX Roadkill within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK, so I am going in to work today and a beautiful black '04 GTO is just flying onto the ...

WRX Roadkill

OK, so I am going in to work today and a beautiful black '04 GTO is just flying onto the interstate where it merges with the other one. He had to have been doing 120 or so. Eventually traffic slows him down and I catch up....drop it into 3rd at about 65 mph and sure enough as soon as traffic clears he drops the hammer.

No suspense here.....within 15-20 seconds and by the time I was at 6k in 4th he had 5 bus lengths on me...at least! Of course I am stock and did not have any illusions that I would take this thing from a roll. I just wanted to see what it would do. Pretty damn impresive for the bucks. I can only imagine what an '05 with the LS2 in it would have done.

Time for some mods................

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice D3ATH! Hey if you're gonna go down......go down big.
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

Yeah,

Thats tough. The 05 GTO will rip the doors off your stock WRX.
    Never fear - a few simple mods will see you hang with them, maybe even pull on them up until 120 at least.

The USDM GTO is actually our Holden Monaro body with the LS2: http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx

Ive hung easily with the 260kw V8 Holden which is a slightly funkier version of the GTO.

Not a bad death - but get some mods and get a view of the GTO from your rearview mirrors.
    Silver Wagon Club

Quote Originally Posted by archiebrown
    Yeah,

Thats tough. The 05 GTO will rip the doors off your stock WRX.
    Never fear - a few simple mods will see you hang with them, maybe even pull on them up until 120 at least.

The USDM GTO is actually our Holden Monaro body with the LS2: http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx

Ive hung easily with the 260kw V8 Holden which is a slightly funkier version of the GTO.

Not a bad death - but get some mods and get a view of the GTO from your rearview mirrors.
    of course from a dig, not a roll

I had to run an 04 gto out of the wrong side of the road once. i was on a twist road enjoying myslef in my own lane when around about half way around one corner here comes a gto 3/4th of the way in my lane w/ a passenger, probably trying to show off. I accelerated

imo, its not really considered going fast if you can't do it without staying in your own lane.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Hey now, lets not bag on the GTO, Rhys MIllen uses the GTO as hsi drift car in D1GP. But Your WRX with some appropraite mods can do some major damage to the GTO. Take him on a Road Race or the Track. That'll make a world of difference.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by EtherealWRX
    Hey now, lets not bag on the GTO, Rhys MIllen uses the GTO as hsi drift car in D1GP. But Your WRX with some appropraite mods can do some major damage to the GTO. Take him on a Road Race or the Track. That'll make a world of difference.
    Yeah too bad he wasn't smart enough to give himself more time to test and setup the car. It was kind of a poor showing for the 1st time the GTO entered a Drifting Contest.