r32 vs. g35
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on r32 vs. g35 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; both manual. This wasn't me but i saw it at a red light. I was behind it. The r32 started ...

r32 vs. g35

both manual. This wasn't me but i saw it at a red light. I was behind it. The r32 started revving and so did the g35... The light turns green, r32 gets about 1.5 cars on the g35, and the r32 pulled to about 2 cars by the top of 85 or so when the r32 let off. I don't know the modifications on the two... but if it is this guy i know from vortex, he has chip and intake on his r32.

Good race imo... the r32 was pulling from a stop and once rolling. Not bad.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill.. I've never race an r32 yet but I'm on a look out..

Tsk...tsk.. You wanna friendly run?
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

very nice!

A stock R32 vs 05' stock G35c 6spd would be an amazing race from a dig I think. From a roll would also be pretty good, but the G typically traps 1-2mph higher I think.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    very nice!

A stock R32 vs 05' stock G35c 6spd would be an amazing race from a dig I think. From a roll would also be pretty good, but the G typically traps 1-2mph higher I think.
    yeah from a roll, its very close. Most r32's now a days are chipped anyhow, but stock for stock, it would be driver error pretty much. From a stop, the r32 has the advantage... i guess i'm gonna miss that when i get the m3.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by sk1CL-S
    Nice kill.. I've never race an r32 yet but I'm on a look out..

Tsk...tsk.. You wanna friendly run?
    yeah, i would love to race your car. Send me a private or something, i should have my e46 m3 within in the next week or two. you didnt think i was going to race you with my r32... did you? haha.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    yeah from a roll, its very close. Most r32's now a days are chipped anyhow, but stock for stock, it would be driver error pretty much. From a stop, the r32 has the advantage... i guess i'm gonna miss that when i get the m3.
    1/4 mile arn't most R32's running 13.9-14.0 or so?
    I know the new 05' G35c is pulling off 13.8-13.9 so I assume it would be VERY close from a dig.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    yeah, i would love to race your car. Send me a private or something, i should have my e46 m3 within in the next week or two. you didnt think i was going to race you with my r32... did you? haha.
    You changed car like you change your underwear.. LOL! What happened to the R32? Yeah, I'll run your M3 as long it's not boosting, hehe...
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    1/4 mile arn't most R32's running 13.9-14.0 or so?
    I know the new 05' G35c is pulling off 13.8-13.9 so I assume it would be VERY close from a dig.
    yeah, the 05 has 298hp from the 280 the previous years. That one should easily start pulling a stock r32 after the quarter mile.
    Last edited by ellinopedo182; 04-20-2005 at 09:50 AM.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Quote Originally Posted by sk1CL-S
    You changed car like you change your underwear.. LOL! What happened to the R32? Yeah, I'll run your M3 as long it's not boosting, hehe...
    no, its not boosted. Just wanting to add a chip and exhaust to the car after i get it. And then im done. Only problem is that it will be most likely convertible... so i wont run anything better than 13.5 @ 105mph stock, unlike the coupes which run 13.2 @ 107mph traps. doesnt matter though, from a roll, they run about the same thing... weight isn't an issue.

plus, its very expensive to boost
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

I found the R32 to be extremely mild when i drove it (as did everyone else that I personally know that has actually driven one). I know they look good on paper but it never got my adrenaline going on a straight or through turns. I have a feeling that chips must really wake them up. If the WRX had some gs-d3's stock, I don't think this car would have any edge in a real race (ya know, the kind that actually goes down; not on paper). It only runs a 14.2@97, I think it gets entirely too much respect simply because it German. I know that use to mean quality but, “German car” has come to mean, overpriced and underpowered. They need to refocus on being sporty. They sacrifice it way too much in the name of comfort and "style" (if that’s what they call it...) because that's what excites the people at Car& Driver. They have lost touch with what makes a sports car fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by BigClunke
    I found the R32 to be extremely mild when i drove it (as did everyone else that I personally know that has actually driven one). I know they look good on paper but it never got my adrenaline going on a straight or through turns. I have a feeling that chips must really wake them up. If the WRX had some gs-d3's stock, I don't think this car would have any edge in a real race (ya know, the kind that actually goes down; not on paper). It only runs a 14.2@97, I think it gets entirely too much respect simply because it German. I know that use to mean quality but, “German car” has come to mean, overpriced and underpowered. They need to refocus on being sporty. They sacrifice it way too much in the name of comfort and "style" (if that’s what they call it...) because that's what excites the people at Car& Driver. They have lost touch with what makes a sports car fun to drive.
    actually, your way of thinking is what a lot of people do think. Many have not taken the r32 to its max. First of all, the r32 does feel a bit underpowered, and power seems to be cut early with that 6500rpm rev limiter. Thats why the chip raises it to 7200rpms and it really helps lengthen that power band a few more seconds. The handling on the car though is excellent. One of the best in its class. It can easily out handle WRX's and is in par with the STI, but lacks the power from the wrx, but gains it on a track around corners. The r32 has instant torque, which helps it get out of corners at a faster rate than sti's. I have seen the evo run 99mph traps many times in magazines, and the sti hit 101mph traps. I don't really care what magazines say, we all know that a better driver can do better than most magazine drivers. The best r32's i have seen stock is 13.8 @ 99mph, but like the sti or evo's power. On average, the chip and intake will allow the r32 to make passes closer to 13.5 (and have seen as low as 13.2) @ 101-102mph traps.

You gotta understand, the r32 wasnt made just for performance, but at the same time luxury. It has a blend of both, which is what some drivers look for. As you can see, im looking for more power, and a bit more luxury. Thats why im chosing the e46 m3 as my next car. I will lose that awd that i so love, but i guess rwd is good too .

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

ill race you in your M3...

ps- i think i saw you in your R32 on lincoln and pratt a few days ago. i was in the silver STi with the mismatched rear wheel.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

I'll race pretty much anything now. 380lb bike with 109whp
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill

Cheater!
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill

does that mean you are keeping the Evo?
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.