WRX vs 350Z video inside!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs 350Z video inside! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://mywebpages.comcast.net/davidjoye/wrxvsz1.wmv A friend and I were out having some fun. The video says I have "JDM Headers", that's a typo ...

WRX vs 350Z video inside!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/davidjoye/wrxvsz1.wmv

A friend and I were out having some fun.

The video says I have "JDM Headers", that's a typo because they edited the video and asked what mods I had so I told them yadda yadda then "JDM Headrests" so I guess they thought I meant "headers" heh. Bad joke I guess.

4th gear is where the car fell on it's face. hehehe It was good fun though! I guess I could've launched better but I zoned out and bounced off the rev limiter. It was funny because both of us zoned out as we were supposed to GO on the third beep but something came over us.

Anyway, I hung in there a lot better than our previous little run. We went at it about a year ago when I was catless but I had an MBC, now I've got an XEDE in place of that and it really seemed to help out. Last year it seemed like he caught up when I was at the top of 2nd gear, I was able to hold him off for an entire extra gear this time. I told him we can go at it again when I finally get my VF22 and accessories installed.
    2003 WRX 5MT sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What mph did you shut down? Could you have him in the quarter or do you think he would reel you in before you got there?

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have a catless uppipe, too? Good run...you can definitely see the WRX 4th gear poop.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Nice video it seemed like you held that Z off pretty well. Good Job!

Quote Originally Posted by maximum
    What mph did you shut down? Could you have him in the quarter or do you think he would reel you in before you got there?
    I don't remember, he doesn't remember, heh. I only paid attention to RPMs so since I'm sure I shifted out of 3rd at around 6000RPMs and I still had some room in 4th I think we probably reached 100MPH and shut down. I'm thinking he'd reel me in in the 1/4 but I'm not really sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Do you have a catless uppipe, too? Good run...you can definitely see the WRX 4th gear poop.
    Yeah, I've got a gutted OEM up-pipe, the rest is a TurboXS 2.5" turbo-back with the Magnaflow muffler and of course the Xede piggy-back computer.
    2003 WRX 5MT sedan

Nice video. Glad to see some real footage.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

I Support ClubWRX
    I wonder if a full 3" exhaust would have made a difference?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

yucky launch on your part. If you had a better launch he wouldn't have caught you in 4th. It seemed like he launched just as you did and you pulled out when shifting into 2nd.

Here's a launch I did:

My car is on the left vs. a 5.0 Mustang (modded) I wouldn't have beat him if I didn't launch well.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...NkZmQzMXk1NDE=
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

Heh yeah, my launch (if you can call it that) totally sucked compared to your's. I can see how it would've helped me but I'm glad it didn't; notice why at the end of the race?

It's time for suspension mods and GOOD tires but I want POWER first, arg.
    2003 WRX 5MT sedan

Quote Originally Posted by 5spdfrk
    Nice video. Glad to see some real footage.
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I wonder if a full 3" exhaust would have made a difference?
    if your still on the stock turbo, I dont see it making much a difference.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by djoye
    Heh yeah, my launch (if you can call it that) totally sucked compared to your's. I can see how it would've helped me but I'm glad it didn't; notice why at the end of the race?

It's time for suspension mods and GOOD tires but I want POWER first, arg.
    I have my bad launches too. Can't be precise all the time. Yeah I went with power first. My car looks stock besides the HKS exhaust sticking out and the sound my car makes.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

Nice Run

Sweet Race and good Cam Work! Is it me, or did it look like you got the car a lil wigley at the end when braking???
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    Sweet Race and good Cam Work! Is it me, or did it look like you got the car a lil wigley at the end when braking???
    I noticed that too, good run
    04 WRX
    14.1@94 Mods: TBE 90octane

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    Yeah, there was a slight corner at the end there so I had to turn and brake at the same time going pretty fast. Maybe I braked too hard. The WRX should really come with more harsh suspension but I guess they used what was good enough.
    2003 WRX 5MT sedan

you could've held him off the entire time with that good launch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.