wrx vs s2k?? who wins?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs s2k?? who wins? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; who would win on a track ? both stock? i dont know why im askign this? i doubt i will ...

wrx vs s2k?? who wins?

who would win on a track ? both stock? i dont know why im askign this? i doubt i will ever find a s2k that will want to go . oh well

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Through the 1/4 mile, the S2K will win as it runs mostly high 13's to low 14s. Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure they trap 97mph+, which is faster than a stock WRX. Around a road course, same thing, the S2K is a go-cart compared the WRX. From a roll, the S2K has 6 gears, is lighter and with more whp, so don't bother, the torque advantage of the WRX is negligible because it will be in its powerband, plus you can not be teh fasTaR dan teH VteCK!!

haha. the s2k is a 2.4 lter well it used to . was a 9k rpm i think it went down and it went from a 2.4 to a 2.2 liter

by track you mean drag? I think pretty even I guess, more of a driver's race. But if both cars were to be driven perfect to their full potential, I think the s2000 might have an edge. they pretty much compare with the 350z. Motor trend ran a 14.1@99.9 in one. Dont know if its true or not because magazines can publish whatever they want I assume, but if it is true.
    Last edited by felo3769; 04-18-2005 at 07:05 PM.

S2000 is a 2.0 and 240 HP and 9000 RPM red line.
    just this year the made it 2.2 liters and 8000 RPMS and the same HP but a more torque. It also has better handling then the older S2000.

i was reading on a stock 1/4 times that the s2k this yr or last yr got a little slower. dont get me wrong they are sttill fast for being a 4 banger and a 2.0

From experience in my 03' all I had was a MBC set at 16 and an upipe and I beat my buddies S2k from a 40 mph roll by 2 1/2 cars. I know that's not stock but I figured I'd share.

s2k WAS a 2.0L, but it was upgraded to a 2.2L for 04' + which allows it to dyno a bit higher whp, and gives it a nice increase in torque... the redline was lowered about 1k rpms which gives it a stronger powerband.

from a dig - close race, but the s2k is the faster car (s2k=13.9-14.2 and wrx=14.1-14.4)
    from a roll - race is over, s2k will run away from you
    on a road course - race is over. With both drivers equally skilled the s2k will run away from a stock rex.

The wrx is a econo car that was given sport. The s2k has always been a sports car and is one at heart. With basic catless exhaust mods the wrx will walk an s2k from a dig and edge it out from a roll.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    The wrx is a econo car that was given sport. The s2k has always been a sports car and is one at heart. With basic catless exhaust mods the wrx will walk an s2k from a dig and edge it out from a roll.
    I have a TB exhuast and intake, and I D-stroyed one and I missed 4th gear...
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    I have a TB exhuast and intake, and I D-stroyed one and I missed 4th gear...
    good for you.

every experience is based on TONS of factors that equal an outcome. In general though, my statement was correct. With a TBE I dont doubt you beat one from a dig, or MAYBE even edged one out from a roll... if you "D-stroyed" it though, he was not driving the car to its full ability.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    good for you.

every experience is based on TONS of factors that equal an outcome. In general though, my statement was correct. With a TBE I dont doubt you beat one from a dig, or MAYBE even edged one out from a roll... if you "D-stroyed" it though, he was not driving the car to its full ability.

No No, he was trying, it was from a light, I took him really good off of the line (never lost a dig), he fell back, we evened out then I started to pull away faster, then I missed uber crap 4th gear, then got in he had a nose on me, then I pulled even and ahead, then we evened out again, but with me in front by about 3/4 car, to me that is D-stroyed cuss if you beat someone by more than that, it wasnt a fair race, and you were just playing with your food, mmmm uncle bens

As for the 4th gear prob I figured that our since then, what it was is the synchros werent able to keep up when I was shifting into 4th from 3rd at 7000 RPM, I shift from 1st 7100, 2nd 7100, 3rd 6600, 4th 7000 i have found this to work best, especially with an after market BOV! Just some help for those who have had this problem to, stupid crap trannies

jeeze, ya know you say some of the stupidest things I have ever heard on this message board on a near daily basis. I'm not trying to unfairly pick on you but, please take that criticism and do something constructive with it.
    (btw, i believe your race results. that's not the issue at all)

When I had my S, I put a whoopin on a WRX that had at least an exhaust and probably more.
    The driver was unaware that I had a Comptech supercharger/aftercooler and bolt ons. I was putting down 315 to the wheels. Now, on pump my STi is at 341.4 to the wheels. I still think that a boosted S will take me from a roll of anything over 30 mph. It might be a different story if I run 100 octane.

I have read of stock S2K's beating stock STi's from a roll, but I find that hard to beleive. The 00-03 S's pull nicely to 9k rpms. They handle very well to.

Quote Originally Posted by BigClunke
    jeeze, ya know you say some of the stupidest things I have ever heard on this message board on a near daily basis. I'm not trying to unfairly pick on you but, please take that criticism and do something constructive with it.
    (btw, i believe your race results. that's not the issue at all)
    You talking to me... what fun is there in racing a honda ex and winning by bus lengths, yeah it is fun when a rice boy comes up and thinks his altezzas make him invincible, but other than that... I would rather race and lose a close race then win without trying.

I beat an older model S2000 with the full ricer mods (dual angled exhaust, body kit, tall wing, etc) from a 5 mph roll. I was instantly in boost and almost hit his bumper by end of 1st. 2nd I pulled 1-1.5 cars on him, 3rd pulled a little more and stopped at around 75-80 mph before we hit a stoplight. By that time I probably had 2 full cars on him. He turned off at the light so we wouldn't race again

Btw he had a passenger with him. As long as they're out of vtec when u start racing, u should have an advantage at low speeds. Can't speak for the newer models since I have yet to encounter one. I had only a catback exhaust.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast