wrx vs s2k?? who wins? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs s2k?? who wins? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by scooby-x You talking to me... what fun is there in racing a honda ex and winning by ...

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    You talking to me... what fun is there in racing a honda ex and winning by bus lengths, yeah it is fun when a rice boy comes up and thinks his altezzas make him invincible, but other than that... I would rather race and lose a close race then win without trying.

I know a lot of honda civic ex's that would make you stupid.
    dont be so quick to generalize specific makes and models as being "rice" whatever the hell you think that term might signify... you're just making yourself look ignorant.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

S2000's are pretty tough to drive from a dig, but as soon as their in their power band (It takes forever if you don't launch it right), they will start pulling on a stock rex. With minor mods though the rex should be able to hang pretty decently, and even start pulling away.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

I had some fun with a 2000 the other night on my way home. Just a few pulls on the highway.
    luxury is 1.00 BAR+ of boost and the inability for your passenger to touch the dashboard

Just race an S2K on an uphill straightaway. You'll totally rape that thing.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by EtherealWRX
    Just race an S2K on an uphill straightaway. You'll totally rape that thing.
    lol
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    lol

With all its 140 torque hahahahhahahha
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by EtherealWRX
    With all its 140 torque hahahahhahahha

are you guys for real?

Quote Originally Posted by silverTEG
    are you guys for real?

well, if u really want to get technical, the older ones came with around 150 lb/ft torque and the newer ones around 160 lb/ft

i know. but i dont worry about peak numbers. s2000 like most honda's rely on powerband and not high tourque #'s.

As an owner of both vehicles I can assure you the s2k feels faster and that it handles much better than a STOCK wrx.
    Ben
    2005 Crystal Gray REX W/Premium Package
    TurboXS Stealthback
    XXTuning headers + up-pipe
    Short Shifter
    Momo Airmetal Leather Shift Knob

Pictures | My Site

Quote Originally Posted by silverTEG
    i know. but i dont worry about peak numbers. s2000 like most honda's rely on powerband and not high tourque #'s.

I agree... the endless redline and build up of power over the powerband makes up for the lack of torque is MOST aspects... but some torque is nice to have now and again
    Just call me Clark Kent

The old s2k vs. wrx saga... I've raced my bro's s2k several times w/ different outcomes. When I was cobb stg1 we went form a 40mph roll and I held even until about the middle/end of third gear and then he started pulling away. We went at it a few times when I was at stage2... I walked him easily starting from about 50mph but when we raced from about 65-70mph he was able to hang with me and we couldn't pull from each other... very strange. We never went at it again after that... he just traded his s2k in for a g35. Maybe i'll get some runs in against that...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    s2k WAS a 2.0L, but it was upgraded to a 2.2L for 04' + which allows it to dyno a bit higher whp, and gives it a nice increase in torque... the redline was lowered about 1k rpms which gives it a stronger powerband.

from a dig - close race, but the s2k is the faster car (s2k=13.9-14.2 and wrx=14.1-14.4)
    from a roll - race is over, s2k will run away from you
    on a road course - race is over. With both drivers equally skilled the s2k will run away from a stock rex.

The wrx is a econo car that was given sport. The s2k has always been a sports car and is one at heart. With basic catless exhaust mods the wrx will walk an s2k from a dig and edge it out from a roll.
    What about on a rally stage? :- )
    (OK) (HATW)

Quote Originally Posted by flyboymike
    What about on a rally stage? :- )
    that has less than 0 relevance...

it has NEGATIVE relevance..
    Just call me Clark Kent

Does a turbo back exhaust make that much of a diff. I have a friend with an Rx-8 with exhaust, racing cat, and air intake. He raced and 02 rex with a TBE and BOV and got killed. The Rx-8 and the S2k are supposed to be similar performing cars. The wrx seemed to jump right of the start from 40 and i guess second is just geared really low because there is no way he had time for his turbo to spool up, but by the time he hit third like 3 sec into the race he must have had it fully spooled because he just continued to pull hard up to like 120.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast