WRX vs Capri
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs Capri within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I'm usually in here reading the kill threads. I don't normally race but I thought I would post ...

WRX vs Capri

Hey guys,
    I'm usually in here reading the kill threads. I don't normally race but I thought I would post this kill.

I was in Kingston at a Subaru meet a few weeks ago. Later on in the day as a small group of us were driving around (about 6 soobies). 2 guys in a Capri fly up on the back of my friend's 2.2 wagon. He was in no position to race this car. It was mean looking. Straight exhaust, some sick fat buns on the back looked as though it had some engine work done.
    My buddy slows up and the guys fly through the pack. I was ticked off because he was being such a jerk that I started to follow him. He was about 1/4 mile ahead of me but I wanted to see if I could stick with him. From that distance, it was hard to tell but the next thing I knew, we were both stopped at a light, side by side. The rest of the gang soon caught up and were anxiously waiting for the light to turn green.
    The road was very straight with no traffic except for one van in the slow lane up the road.
    I told my girlfriend to keep her head against the headrest as I waited for the opposite light to turn yellow.
    I started revving the engine and once I seen the light, I was off.
    4 wheels in a cloud of smoke, I got the jump on the Capri, but not by much. He was hanging on my back bumper through 1st gear (nice tires on that Capri). I hit 2nd, looked in the mirror and there he was. I hit 3rd but I couldn't pull on him. At he same time, he couldn't pull on me. I brought it up to about 100mph. The Carpri had to pull in behind me to get around the van. This is where we let off and he rolled past me, didn't even bother to look over at us. I slowed down to let the rest of the pack catch up and he was gone.
    My girlfriend almost got whiplash but it was worth it
    Him and his buddy looked rather confused though.
    Sorry for the long story, but I thought it was pretty cool
    2002 WRX Sedan 5-spd

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill!!!!
    but i was wondering........
    what kind of mods do you have to be able to create a cloud of smoke off the line?

Good kill man!!! But what kind of mods do you have on your car? Please do tell...

~joe

Hehe, I guess "cloud" is a slight exaggeration, but the other guys said they seen smoke coming from the tires.

I have a 3" turbo back exhaust (no cats). It's completely a straight pipe that was custom made. It hangs slightly below the car because it wouldn't fit in the stock track. There is an Apex muffler with a 3" inlet (4.5" outlet) welded to the end of that.

Nothing much besides that; I removed the silencer, I did the 3/16 mod, and that's about it. My car runs 13.9 in the 1/4 mile.

Maybe the Carpi wasn't all that it looked to be but I'm just happy that he was running 14 in the 1/4 mile
    Last edited by Slayer; 09-27-2002 at 06:48 AM.
    2002 WRX Sedan 5-spd

I Support ClubWRX
    Like I said before, I like your name. It is my favorite metal band.

And what is a Capri? Do you have any pics?

Anyways, nice kill. Show'em what you got!!!!

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

I believe the Capri is Mercury?
    It was an alternative for the Mustang. Same engines but I believe the Capri was a lighter car.

Ugly as sin in my opinion.
    2002 WRX Sedan 5-spd

My buddy has a capri. Yes it is a mercury. Yes it looks just like a mustang. Most people can't tell the difference. My buddy's car has a 351 in it. Don't know what all he's done to it, as it's still a work in progress, but it should be a very fast car, as if it isn't already.

Originally posted by junaitari
    My buddy has a capri. Yes it is a mercury. Yes it looks just like a mustang. Most people can't tell the difference. My buddy's car has a 351 in it. Don't know what all he's done to it, as it's still a work in progress, but it should be a very fast car, as if it isn't already.
    Did all the Capri's come with the 351? I remeber something like that but I couldn't remember if some models were built with the 302 engines.
    2002 WRX Sedan 5-spd

No, he put his in special. I think they came with the 302.

http://home1.gte.net/5liter/mmr/79-93info.htm#1989

Originally posted by junaitari
    No, he put his in special. I think they came with the 302.

http://home1.gte.net/5liter/mmr/79-93info.htm#1989
    They also came in a four-cylinder version. I owned one once.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

If I was fighting that hard to stay ahead of a 4-cylinder Carpi, I will sell my WRX as I am no longer fit to drive one
    2002 WRX Sedan 5-spd

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.