Evo vs STi Shootout 2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Evo vs STi Shootout 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The wrx vs. evo competition should be a rally of some kind...

The wrx vs. evo competition should be a rally of some kind

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thats tight that there really fast evos, but to make a car fast all you need is enough money. Someone is always going to have more. And drag equals=sux.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well yes and no. As a previous poster said, the Evo has 10 years on our shores with the 4G63 (except changing the main bolts due to crank walking). Give it some time and we'll see what kind of potential our blocks have. Right now the weak link materially are the ringlands, and even then, good tuning makes it a non-issue. I give the Evo props for some serious history and modability. But I still like my STi better!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I'll never understand why these cars have such short gears; moreso the STi. The 2.5 makes a ton of power in a wide rpm range so why handicap it with gears that get you 10 mph and it's time to shift? Space the first 4 out reasonably, give it a 5th that reaches till at least 140, and then a deep 6th for interstate cruising. You'd move the driving feel of these cars up to another level.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    I'll never understand why these cars have such short gears; moreso the STi. The 2.5 makes a ton of power in a wide rpm range so why handicap it with gears that get you 10 mph and it's time to shift? Space the first 4 out reasonably, give it a 5th that reaches till at least 140, and then a deep 6th for interstate cruising. You'd move the driving feel of these cars up to another level.

because everybody in the wrx community complained about wrx's tall gearing

The same gears people ***** about at stock power levels become much loved when you make double the hp.

People complained that a 6spd Stealth is quicker than the 5spd because with the 5, you can go to 90 in 2nd gear and 120 in 3rd. Everybody wanted a 6spd conversion. Now they're realizing that with massive hp, the 5spd can really make use of the power and not have to shift nearly as much.

At least the WRX and STi get to see 7000 rpm; they limited my poor car to 6500 for some stupid marketing decision.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by GIRex
    thats if you wanna add n2o buddy. if not you couldnt dream of that time.

wrx's, evo's, any car with a t u r b o WAKES up with n2o its just sooooooo cold baby.

i saw a direct port injection wrx on a mag made me drool. i think it ran low 11's high 10's. sti turbo supporting mods and n2o its very doo able
    If you are talking about Curt in his EVO running a 10.9 on the stock turbo then you are incorrect. This was done without N2O.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12