opinions needed 05 mustang gt vs 05 sti (both with mods)

This is a discussion on opinions needed 05 mustang gt vs 05 sti (both with mods) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Anyone ever had an expirience of racing an 05 mustang gt yet off a roll yet?? One of my friends ...

opinions needed 05 mustang gt vs 05 sti (both with mods)

Anyone ever had an expirience of racing an 05 mustang gt yet off a roll yet?? One of my friends friend talks smack about subarus all day and night. How were four door family sedans and he wants to run me. Do i have a chance is my question??

his mods

he claims he dynoed at 260whp stock and than got some sort of intake +reflash and dynoed at 287whp. Seemed kinda high to me for an NA car to gain that much but hey, i have no clue about the newer gt's so thats why im asking. Anyone have any idea how much these things weigh?? and no its not a convertible

my mods
    helix downpipe with stock catback + cobb stage 2 reflash, i have never dynoed my car. I have never raced an 05 gt (or hell even the older gt's)

what do you guys think will happen?? way he talks he'll go off a roll and a launch. I'm almost a 100 percent sure i'll take him by a good 2-3 cars off a stop but i'm thinking he might edge me out off a roll or it could be real close. Opinions?

Oh yeah, last night i took his cousin out for a ride in my sti and ran through some gears for him, also did one nice 5.5k launch. His cousin was shocked at how fast it felt. He thinks his cousins 05gt is fast but he thinks my sti is faster. I'm thinking maybe thats just the boost putting him in his seat vs constant torque of a v8, they just feel way different.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think you should be able to take him. The new GT's are fast, but i think with your mods you should be able to slay one. BTW I took out a gt at the track this weekend. It was a 96 body style or so, and im just a lowly wrx Though I might of just beat the driver and not the car, im not sure

the latest road and track i think had them trapping at 103mph and thats the highest i've seen. Highest i've seen with sti is 105mph stock. Than comes the mods. I wonder if anyone has raced one yet.

well, the new gt's are fast, and I've heard they might be underrated. If he dynoed 260stock, nd 287 with a reflash and intake, its possible, I remember seeing some dyno sheets proving that. When I was at the track there was an auto GT running 13.6-13.7 I saw a 6 speed (at least look and sounded stock) run a 13.5, so they are pretty quick.

I was following the new GTs for a few months their pretty Sick with a reflash and pretty much any type of mods added in. Hes still going to top off around 320 rwhp fully loaded on mods hes still faster than a lot of older GTs and some older cobras.