05 STi and EVO MR
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 05 STi and EVO MR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Its not really a race, but me and my friend were tooling around in the STi and his EVO MR. ...

05 STi and EVO MR

Its not really a race, but me and my friend were tooling around in the STi and his EVO MR. We switched cars and drove around so we could see any similarities/differences.

His take on the STi:
    -Much shorter shift
    -Clutch is basically on/off compared to his car
    -Slightly less quick steering
    -More torquey in all rpms, but does drop a little when approaching redline
    -interior is better

My take on the MR:
    -Shifter is much much smoother
    -The car is easier to drive overall...from a stop, downshifting, WOT shifting everything. I was surprised, but then again ive gotten used to the STis quirks.
    -Steering was very quick, small inputs create large reactions. Tight turns could be held easier (often with a couple fingers if you tried).
    -pedals were closer, maybe better set up for heel-toe, but I didnt try to do that too much
    -Power seems to rush in all at once around 3500-4000, unlike the linearity of the STi. However it does pull to redline with very little drop off.
    -Gear ratios were longer....1st gear ends at 40, 2nd at 63-65.

Overall the STi seems to pull harder, but a race would generally be pretty close with me edging him out.
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Both are fun cars. I think the Sti is easier to launch. The Evo has the 2.0 engine so there is a bit more lag. With the STi the power is always there, but dies up top from the smaller turbo. Thats cool that you guys can always roll everywhere Evo vs STi wars always
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Yes its quite fun hitting the backroad twisties together
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

This is where the dilemma hits for me. I drive MR's all the time when my buddies at Evo meets let me ride in them. I Love the STi Pink set up, but the MR Billstein suspension is nothing short of awesome. I think on the twisties driver will decide the match, but in my honest opinion, I love both cars to death, just depends on my mood.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.