WRX vs Cougar and C32 AMG

This is a discussion on WRX vs Cougar and C32 AMG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This dude in a new Cougar drives past my house all the time revving and staring at my car. He's ...

WRX

WRX vs Cougar and C32 AMG

This dude in a new Cougar drives past my house all the time revving and staring at my car. He's got some work done and it doesn't sound half bad, but I've always wanted to race him to put him in his place. I finally had my chance today. We were headed down a two lane highway that splits into 4 lanes over a bridge. I was in front and he was behind me and there was 1 car in front of us. As the lanes started to split, I let him have the jump. Just as he was passing me I threw it into 2nd. He had about a 2 car lead on me before I could get around the slow moving car and punch it. But I quickly caught up and he switched lanes so we could get next to each other. By mid 3rd, I had pulled up to him and was passing him pretty quickly. I threw up a peace sign as I blew by and his face was like . When I passed him we were probably going 90, and I took it up to 120 with about a 4+ car lead.

On the way back home, I got behind a black C32 AMG in a left turn lane. I really didn't think he would hit it, so I took off normally. But just after the corner, he nailed it and I quickly followed. He was about 3 cars ahead but I was gaining fast on him. I think he realized that I was faster and he shut down at about 75. I got next to him and gave him a thumbs up before going on my way. Cool guy.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    On the way back home, I got behind a black C32 AMG in a left turn lane. I really didn't think he would hit it, so I took off normally. But just after the corner, he nailed it and I quickly followed. He was about 3 cars ahead but I was gaining fast on him. I think he realized that I was faster and he shut down at about 75. I got next to him and gave him a thumbs up before going on my way. Cool guy.
    Doesnt the C32 run mid 4s 0-60 and low 13s@107'ish in the quarter? Looking at the times in your sig, you are not faster.

WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Doesnt the C32 run mid 4s 0-60 and low 13s@107'ish in the quarter? Looking at the times in your sig, you are not faster.
    don't know but I was pulling up on him.

edit: looked up stats on the C32. 350hp/tq, 0-62mph in 5.2 and 1/4 mile 13.6@105mph.

If we had gone faster, he would've definitely started pulling away. I know the 1/4 time in my sig isn't the fastest my car can go, I didn't launch at full boost on that run, it was just the best I did that day.
    Last edited by WRX; 04-16-2005 at 02:29 PM.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    If we had gone faster, he would've definitely started pulling away.
    Thats why I wondered why you said he realized you were faster and shutdown. He would have sped up and put some distance on you but probably freaked out he was going so fast on a public street which happens to me sometimes.